Game 24 : Milwaukee Bucks (14-8) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (10-13) - 8:00 PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Feb 6, 2021 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 24 : Milwaukee Bucks (14-8) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (10-13) - 8:00 PM 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Sat Feb 6, 2021 9:24 pm

played great for 3 1/4s yesterday then Dre tried to do too much but wasn't engaged enough to justify keeping him in the game. I blame him and JBB for the loss. Should have put Javale in as soon as Dre started his poor % toss shots around the rim instead of dunking, he almost looked like a tank commander out there which is surprising given how well he played most of the start of the season until the Cavs traded for Allen. Too many wasted possessions against a contender.
Somebody needs to get Dre's head straight or he will bury their progress again tonight.
I also think Prince is taking too many bad shots lately and is being left in too long as well.
would like to see more Windler more Dotson and definitely more Javale tonight.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:14 am

I really think that Prince/Drummond and Nance/Allen works better in terms of rebounding and spacing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:25 am

Cavs are rushing their three point shots when they don't need to.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:45 am

Cedi is a catch and shoot guy who can't hit a three while moving. I just feel like our ball handlers aren't very good at knowing their personnel or what they do well.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:01 am

Sexton's PNR defense is uninspired to say the least.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:22 am

Very poor shot selection to start the second half. The Bucks are a good defensive team but you can't make it easier on them.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#8 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:28 am

Giannis is unstoppable when he gets to expand the definition of traveling. Drummond has already taken 4-5 garbage shots/possessions this quarter. He needs to get gone.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,918

Post#9 » by tundraknight » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:41 am

I was just thinking it would be entertaining to to see a Prime Anderson Varejao on this current Cavaliers team to play along side Jarrett Allen.

That ultimate hair duo and incredible energy, defense, and rebounding in the front court.

I actually still have my Anderson Varejao wig on “wig night” @ the Q back when I was a youngster.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:43 am

This is the worst I've seen Sexton play all year. Cedi is also sucking hard.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:48 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Giannis is unstoppable when he gets to expand the definition of traveling. Drummond has already taken 4-5 garbage shots/possessions this quarter. He needs to get gone.
Allen seems more frustrated than Drummond to me this game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#12 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:52 am

This team plays offense like I do on 2K. And I suck at 2K
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:55 am

Garland is keeping us in this game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#14 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Feb 7, 2021 3:00 am

I can’t watch this. Giannis makes me literally hate basketball. He’s the least fun player in the league maybe.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 3:02 am

Get Colin off the floor. It's not his night.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 7, 2021 3:07 am

Sexton absolutely should not be hunting dimes and instead be responsible for shooting and scoring from all 3 levels, big time he is out of rhythm But I am sure somebody is trying to get him to hunt dimes right now in the name of full development of all players etc. So I can live with it if it makes them better long term, but the team is suffering for it[his lack of rhythm], and tbh the majority of defenders are killing him ever since the all star talk started. He might get in this season but until he figures out how to get it done with that kind of attention he probably wont be as impactful without teammates drawing the same level of attention. KLove needs to come back for this road trip.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#17 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 7, 2021 3:09 am

I like this BUcks team to come out of the East they are just sleep walking right now
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 3:33 am

Stillwater wrote:Sexton absolutely should not be hunting dimes and instead be responsible for shooting and scoring from all 3 levels, big time he is out of rhythm But I am sure somebody is trying to get him to hunt dimes right now in the name of full development of all players etc. So I can live with it if it makes them better long term, but the team is suffering for it[his lack of rhythm], and tbh the majority of defenders are killing him ever since the all star talk started. He might get in this season but until he figures out how to get it done with that kind of attention he probably wont be as impactful without teammates drawing the same level of attention. KLove needs to come back for this road trip.
He was awful tonight in every facit of the game. He needs to adjust his game when he's defended like that. He's way too reliant on that dribble drive. I didn't see someone looking for assists. I saw someone dribbling himself into trouble and looking, too late to pass out of it.

He needs to take more three point shots when he's being defended like. Pull the defender further out. No one even bothers to go over picks anymore.

Also, he needs to give effort on defense when things aren't going well offensively because tonight was ridiculous.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#19 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 7, 2021 4:16 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Sexton absolutely should not be hunting dimes and instead be responsible for shooting and scoring from all 3 levels, big time he is out of rhythm But I am sure somebody is trying to get him to hunt dimes right now in the name of full development of all players etc. So I can live with it if it makes them better long term, but the team is suffering for it[his lack of rhythm], and tbh the majority of defenders are killing him ever since the all star talk started. He might get in this season but until he figures out how to get it done with that kind of attention he probably wont be as impactful without teammates drawing the same level of attention. KLove needs to come back for this road trip.
He was awful tonight in every facit of the game. He needs to adjust his game when he's defended like that. He's way too reliant on that dribble drive. I didn't see someone looking for assists. I saw someone dribbling himself into trouble and looking, too late to pass out of it.

He needs to take more three point shots when he's being defended like. Pull the defender further out. No one even bothers to go over picks anymore.

Also, he needs to give effort on defense when things aren't going well offensively because tonight was ridiculous.

when your leading scorer is passing up open threes and just standing there with the ball not driving it which is what I saw it screams he is being coached to do that , to not shoot until he has looked for cutters and higher % shots...problem is that takes him completely out of his rhythm when nobody is cutting and he just dumps it off to another player standing in the corner just as much if not more than being dt'd when he drives for a high % floater and has no clear outlet to pass too when he doesnt shoot which he hasnt been nearly as much lately. imo there are way too many changes going on to how defenses are playing him and way too much shuffling of responsibilities on this roster to expect much to go well when the players that are taking shots are missing them. DG and Cedi were 2-10 from deep and Sexton and Prince were only slightly better 4 for 9. DG found teammates with good looks and got some dimes but other than that neither guard played well enough. JBB needs to put Dotson back in the damn line up.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 6:16 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

when your leading scorer is passing up open threes and just standing there with the ball not driving it which is what I saw it screams he is being coached to do that , to not shoot until he has looked for cutters and higher % shots...problem is that takes him completely out of his rhythm when nobody is cutting and he just dumps it off to another player standing in the corner just as much if not more than being dt'd when he drives for a high % floater and has no clear outlet to pass too when he doesnt shoot which he hasnt been nearly as much lately. imo there are way too many changes going on to how defenses are playing him and way too much shuffling of responsibilities on this roster to expect much to go well when the players that are taking shots are missing them. DG and Cedi were 2-10 from deep and Sexton and Prince were only slightly better 4 for 9. DG found teammates with good looks and got some dimes but other than that neither guard played well enough. JBB needs to put Dotson back in the damn line up.
Garland was 7-12, 17 points, and 9 assists. He was definitely not the problem.

Colin was 6-18. The problem wasn't that he was deferring. The problem was that he played a really good defensive team and he played them the same way he plays everyone else.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers