ImageImageImage

Game 35 : Cleveland Cavaliers (13-21) @ Houston Rockets (11-21) - 9:00PM

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,176

Re: Game 35 : Cleveland Cavaliers (13-21) @ [Rockets actually] (11-21) - 9:00PM 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:45 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
The game we'll be referring to as the Dean Wade break out game? 8-)

Where's the bandwagon emoji?

I suspect that like Dotson, the clock is about to strike midnight with Wade. Maybe he can drag Sabonis out of the paint on offense and guard Turner some, but I think Wade is almost exclusively a small ball 4.

Well, considering Drummond and Nance couldn't stop Sabonis from scoring, you might just be setting the bar a little high. Wade at least will get his hands up and contest (if he hasn't been thumped to the floor); but if he's going to affect the game it's presumably going to happen via knocking down 3's and/or spacing the floor.

You put your weaker front court defender on Turner. Allen should be on Sabonis unless Gobert somehow ends up on the roster.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#22 » by JonFromVA » Tue Mar 2, 2021 11:55 pm

Bickerstaff mentioned after the game that Garland is being evaluated for a groin injury, so, those of you who'd like another look at Collin "unshackled" by the presence of Darius ... you might just get your wish.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#23 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:36 am

JonFromVA wrote:Bickerstaff mentioned after the game that Garland is being evaluated for a groin injury, so, those of you who'd like another look at Collin "unshackled" by the presence of Darius ... you might just get your wish.

I dont wish for anyone to get hurt esp not to be right about something... I saw DG make a odd movement and seem to grimace in the Rockets game I am sure that was sufficent enough for them to rest him. No point in forcing him to the bench without saving a little face in the process. They can slowly bring him back playing ltd minutes with the 2nd unit and find his niche until he gets another offseason to work on his body. 8-)
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,176

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:13 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:Bickerstaff mentioned after the game that Garland is being evaluated for a groin injury, so, those of you who'd like another look at Collin "unshackled" by the presence of Darius ... you might just get your wish.

I dont wish for anyone to get hurt esp not to be right about something... I saw DG make a odd movement and seem to grimace in the Rockets game I am sure that was sufficent enough for them to rest him. No point in forcing him to the bench without saving a little face in the process. They can slowly bring him back playing ltd minutes with the 2nd unit and find his niche until he gets another offseason to work on his body. 8-)

You don't wish for anyone to get hurt but you are good with floating a conspiracy theory about them faking an injury to Garland as a face saving measure. Nice. Way to keep it classy Stillwater.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#25 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 3, 2021 5:11 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

You don't wish for anyone to get hurt but you are good with floating a conspiracy theory about them faking an injury to Garland as a face saving measure. Nice. Way to keep it classy Stillwater.

That isnt what I said really but ok. What I meant was it would absolutely make sense to ease him back into it after a groin injury anyway for his sake and tbh as a legit excuse besides the one nobody wants to hear which is he should be coming off the bench but by then they will see just how far Sexton has come. I wasnt suggesting anyone faked an injury, but the presumed result is certainly the same as if I had...and I expect it will work out to be he is either hurt enough to miss a lot of time and is in fact held out maybe longer than necessary to save face if he and his agent have a problem with coming off the bench or he just sits 1 game and its nothing and they have no intentions of trying to win when they can tank and develop him
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers