ImageImageImage

Game 37 : Cleveland Cavaliers (14-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (15-22) - 8:00PM

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 37 : Cleveland Cavaliers (14-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (15-22) - 8:00PM 

Post#21 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:16 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Meanwhile kpj continues to avg more assists on a iso dominant rockets team then dg or sexton have or could in the same situation.
As much as id like to let it go and say hes just a stat clown on a tanker at this point, id have to twist my arm completely off to say it without doubting my words.
If they continue to struggle to find success as a team the move will burn in permanent scared on Altman and JBB
He's also averaging 25 FGAs. His usage is really, really high. If he can improve his efficiency, he can turn into quite the player. But he and Sexton would be averaging around 50 FGAs per game at that rate, which would've made it very, very difficult for those two to play together. Not every team needs to be the Spurs, but only the Blazers have been able to successfully pull off what the Blazers do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

of course he is hes their best option smh
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Re: Game 37 : Cleveland Cavaliers (14-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (15-22) - 8:00PM 

Post#22 » by JonFromVA » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:50 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Meanwhile kpj continues to avg more assists on a iso dominant rockets team then dg or sexton have or could in the same situation.
As much as id like to let it go and say hes just a stat clown on a tanker at this point, id have to twist my arm completely off to say it without doubting my words.
If they continue to struggle to find success as a team the move will burn in permanent scared on Altman and JBB
He's also averaging 25 FGAs. His usage is really, really high. If he can improve his efficiency, he can turn into quite the player. But he and Sexton would be averaging around 50 FGAs per game at that rate, which would've made it very, very difficult for those two to play together. Not every team needs to be the Spurs, but only the Blazers have been able to successfully pull off what the Blazers do.

With Oladipo back in the starting lineup, KPJ's FGA's fell off to just 12 (made just 3).
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#23 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:56 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

With Oladipo back in the starting lineup, KPJ's FGA's fell off to just 12 (made just 3).

The same injury prone now Dipo they are trying to shop ... lol yep has nothing to do with who is the better 1st option at all.
I am at a point now where pretty much none of your takes are worth reading. This pretending I am making stuff up when it is actualy you kidding yourself into believing things are about the game at hand instead of the big picture are laughable.
Its not about the game they are about to play or the game they are playing , it's about what it takes to build something that equates to it being worth playing. with no goal beyond improvement KPJ is their future until somebody better walks through the door.
But for now they have to focus on building trade value for a player who is pretty much on his last leg due to injuries.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#24 » by JonFromVA » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:39 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's also averaging 25 FGAs. His usage is really, really high. If he can improve his efficiency, he can turn into quite the player. But he and Sexton would be averaging around 50 FGAs per game at that rate, which would've made it very, very difficult for those two to play together. Not every team needs to be the Spurs, but only the Blazers have been able to successfully pull off what the Blazers do.

The same injury prone now Dipo they are trying to shop ... lol yep has nothing to do with who is the better 1st option at all.
I am at a point now where pretty much none of your takes are worth reading. This pretending I am making stuff up when it is actualy you kidding yourself into believing things are about the game at hand instead of the big picture are laughable.
Its not about the game they are about to play or the game they are playing , it's about what it takes to build something that equates to it being worth playing. with no goal beyond improvement KPJ is their future until somebody better walks through the door.
But for now they have to focus on building trade value for a player who is pretty much on his last leg due to injuries.

You're blaming Oladipo for why Porter Jr didn't get to put up 25 shots? Do you also blame Oladipo for why Porter Jr missed 9 of 12 of the shots he did take?

FYI: If you believe none of my takes are worth reading, I do believe the board still supports an ignore user option. By all means, use it.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#25 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:24 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

You're blaming Oladipo for why Porter Jr didn't get to put up 25 shots? Do you also blame Oladipo for why Porter Jr missed 9 of 12 of the shots he did take?

FYI: If you believe none of my takes are worth reading, I do believe the board still supports an ignore user option. By all means, use it.

I use the ignore button to find people who troll me faster lol but thanks
all bs aside I dont like the fact they traded him I dont care why and it makes me angry the only explanation they felt was necessary to provide the fanbase was some story about KPJ doing immature things in the locker room. I dont buy they did anything remotely correct to help him out , but I do think they tried to change him and realized they couldnt. I hope they enjoy their "culture" of losing
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#26 » by JonFromVA » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:The same injury prone now Dipo they are trying to shop ... lol yep has nothing to do with who is the better 1st option at all.

I use the ignore button to find people who troll me faster lol but thanks
all bs aside I dont like the fact they traded him I dont care why and it makes me angry the only explanation they felt was necessary to provide the fanbase was some story about KPJ doing immature things in the locker room. I dont buy they did anything remotely correct to help him out , but I do think they tried to change him and realized they couldnt. I hope they enjoy their "culture" of losing

Given he came pretty close to ending up either dead or in jail this Summer, most people would feel some change was in order for Kevin. There's always room to argue about the best approach, but they're simply not going to spill the beans of what they tried nor how Kevin reacted to each step.

The closest they got publicly is the story that Fedor wrote:

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/01/cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-porter-jr-trade-a-significant-setback-in-rebuild-chris-fedor.html

I'd suggest you read it, but this section summarizes the root problem from their POV:

Two-way street

Make no mistake: No one looks good here.

Not Porter, who received multiple chances to show the organization he learned from his mistakes, to prove he had the emotional maturity to deal with everything that goes into being an NBA player. The Cavs set goals for him and Porter didn’t always work toward them, feeling disrespected with the organization holding him out for so long. They were hoping he would reciprocate or simply respond in a different, more mature way. They were also hoping Porter would make better choices when it came to those around him.

The Cavs empathized with him, recognizing his chaotic past and the massive burden he was carrying at such a young age, moving his family to Cleveland so they could be taken care of and safe. Despite the time, effort, resources, and extra care, it didn’t work. How do you help someone who is not willing to help themselves? How many next times will you give before frustration builds and exhaustion overwhelms?

What this gets at is when Porter Jr was allowed to rejoin the team, it was in spite of the fact that he wasn't progressing how they wanted. They're last stab was to let him go back to his "comfort zone" and play ball ... and that immediately backfired the instant he saw that his locker had moved.

I get you don't like the idea that they expected him to change, but the Cavs have a lot of other responsibilities and concerns than just Porter Jr.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers