ImageImageImage

Tank watch

Moderator: ijspeelman

Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Re: Tank watch 

Post#61 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:49 am

Clutch tank driving last night. I resigned myself to a victory.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#62 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Suggs is overrated imo he is a top 5 guard prospect and a lottery level athlete with solid skills but he is not a top 5 lock and imo even if he goes that high he could easily fail to match the ranking going into the draft and he will be fresh in scouts minds after they at minimum get to the final 4 . Glad we are not targeting another guard ...or are we smh
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#63 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:51 am

If Mobley is off the board, I'm starting to think the best move might be to trade back and get a couple late lotto picks. There's definitely talent in this draft, but I think the top 5 is pretty overrated outside of Mobley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#64 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:12 am

jbk1234 wrote:If Mobley is off the board, I'm starting to think the best move might be to trade back and get a couple late lotto picks. There's definitely talent in this draft, but I think the top 5 is pretty overrated outside of Mobley.

Yeah I like Mobley a touch more still than Cade and Green but I am more high on Kuminga than the others even if that outside stroke is not consistent like it looks possible to be. The mechanics are pure I think with the handles elite finish skill and defensive length etc He can play the 3 or the 4 easily in the NBA and can be a day 1 starter on a fringe playoff team as a rook
but what really is impressive to me is he is a good smart iq game flow passer for a freak athlete from the forward spot/ rare combo at such a young age sort of like Zion
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If Mobley is off the board, I'm starting to think the best move might be to trade back and get a couple late lotto picks. There's definitely talent in this draft, but I think the top 5 is pretty overrated outside of Mobley.

Yeah I like Mobley a touch more still than Cade and Green but I am more high on Kuminga than the others even if that outside stroke is not consistent like it looks possible to be. The mechanics are pure I think with the handles elite finish skill and defensive length etc He can play the 3 or the 4 easily in the NBA and can be a day 1 starter on a fringe playoff team as a rook
but what really is impressive to me is he is a good smart iq game flow passer for a freak athlete from the forward spot/ rare combo at such a young age sort of like Zion
I'm 100% opposed to drafting anyone else who can't shoot top 10. We're getting a nightly demonstration as to the very real limitations of a poor shooting team.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

I'm 100% opposed to drafting anyone else who can't shoot top 10. We're getting a nightly demonstration as to the very real limitations of a poor shooting team.

I think you will be disappointed then because they will be picking another guard if the kid has to be an elite shooter to make their cut. None of the best prospects are elite shooter types in this draft. Im taking the upside if a superstar even a slighly raw shooting one like kuminga or mobley over other options in the top 5 . Granted this org will pick cade imo for fit and scoring despite lacking the level of athletically gifted traits you want in the top 3.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#67 » by JonFromVA » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Sam Presti showing the league how easy it is to hop off the "treadmill of mediocrity" while collecting picks and swaps.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah I like Mobley a touch more still than Cade and Green but I am more high on Kuminga than the others even if that outside stroke is not consistent like it looks possible to be. The mechanics are pure I think with the handles elite finish skill and defensive length etc He can play the 3 or the 4 easily in the NBA and can be a day 1 starter on a fringe playoff team as a rook

I think you will be disappointed then because they will be picking another guard if the kid has to be an elite shooter to make their cut. None of the best prospects are elite shooter types in this draft. Im taking the upside if a superstar even a slighly raw shooting one like kuminga or mobley over other options in the top 5 . Granted this org will pick cade imo for fit and scoring despite lacking the level of athletically gifted traits you want in the top 3.

Let's wait and see where the Cavs are picking before we bemoan/debate how they're going to blow the pick.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:54 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Sam Presti showing the league how easy it is to hop off the "treadmill of mediocrity" while collecting picks and swaps.

The Horford move is over the top though and it sounds like other teams are starting to register complaints.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#70 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:41 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm 100% opposed to drafting anyone else who can't shoot top 10. We're getting a nightly demonstration as to the very real limitations of a poor shooting team.

Let's wait and see where the Cavs are picking before we bemoan/debate how they're going to blow the pick.

All I'm saying is right now if you want a sf/pf that can slash and finish above the rim in traffic you need Kuminga. He needs to improve shot selection is far from a finished product and there are several higher iq players with better shooting ability and less upsides as is but every one of them is 6'4 or less besides Cade.
They can get shooting from the damn guards they have And Cade is not an elite upside athlete at all. But he is a shooter and playmaker that is coveted because hes tall
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:44 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I think you will be disappointed then because they will be picking another guard if the kid has to be an elite shooter to make their cut. None of the best prospects are elite shooter types in this draft. Im taking the upside if a superstar even a slighly raw shooting one like kuminga or mobley over other options in the top 5 . Granted this org will pick cade imo for fit and scoring despite lacking the level of athletically gifted traits you want in the top 3.

All I'm saying is right now if you want a sf/pf that can slash and finish above the rim in traffic you need Kuminga. He needs to improve shot selection is far from a finished product and there are several higher iq players with better shooting ability and less upsides as is but every one of them is 6'4 or less besides Cade.
They can get shooting from the damn guards they have And Cade is not an elite upside athlete at all. But he is a shooter and playmaker that is coveted because hes tall

I don't want that. I want players who can shoot.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#72 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:25 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Kuminga can shoot ... But his freakish athletic ability makes him far more threatening as a slasher. So im not sure why you want more darius garlands that can shoot lights out when noone is guarding them etc. Cavs need to get bigger and more athletic weve already seen how much better they are with nance than without him. We can take green but he plays essentially the role that Sexton and Okoro play so i doubt theyd take him unless they have trades in place hes 6'4 not 6'8
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by jbk1234 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:All I'm saying is right now if you want a sf/pf that can slash and finish above the rim in traffic you need Kuminga. He needs to improve shot selection is far from a finished product and there are several higher iq players with better shooting ability and less upsides as is but every one of them is 6'4 or less besides Cade.

Kuminga can shoot ... But his freakish athletic ability makes him far more threatening as a slasher. So im not sure why you want more darius garlands that can shoot lights out when noone is guarding them etc. Cavs need to get bigger and more athletic weve already seen how much better they are with nance than without him. We can take green but he plays essentially the role that Sexton and Okoro play so i doubt theyd take him unless they have trades in place hes 6'4 not 6'8

It's like the last two months of teams packing the paint and playing zone against the Cavs never happened. Giannis is literally nicknamed the freak. The Bucks have never been to a Finals and if they don't surround him with some guys who can shoot and get open shots from the perimeter, he probably never will. There's a hard ceiling as to what athleticism alone gets you in NBA.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#74 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

It's like the last two months of teams packing the paint and playing zone against the Cavs never happened. Giannis is literally nicknamed the freak. The Bucks have never been to a Finals and if they don't surround him with some guys who can shoot and get open shots from the perimeter, he probably never will. There's a hard ceiling as to what athleticism alone gets you in NBA.

I find it hard to believe the Cavs couldnt attract shooters to this roster if they had the next Giannis.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 am

We're starting Hartenstein. Starting. Hartenstein.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#76 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:19 am

I think there's like 10 games vs crap teams remaining and 16 we should comfortably lose. Say we go 3-13 vs the good teams, we'll have to drop 8/10 vs the crap ones. 3 left with Washington, and we need to drop those.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#77 » by tundraknight » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:54 pm

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/raptors-resting-siakam-vs-cavaliers-lowry-doubtful/

“The Raptors star forward will be out for Saturdays game against the Cavaliers for resting purposes.”

They might as well just call it tanking purposes.. Vanvleet and Lowry are both out as well.

If the Cavs are series about tanking they need to starting resting Sexton as well.

The Raptors, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Wizards all have near identical records. Only a half game separates all 4 of those teams.

A Cavaliers win tonight could have them drop from 5th to 8th on nbatankathon smh..

They need to pick a direction, are they trying to make the “play in” tournament to sneak into the playoffs for a moral victory and forget about a top draft pick prospect, or will they start tanking hard now?
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#78 » by JonFromVA » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:11 pm

tundraknight wrote:https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/raptors-resting-siakam-vs-cavaliers-lowry-doubtful/

“The Raptors star forward will be out for Saturdays game against the Cavaliers for resting purposes.”

They might as well just call it tanking purposes.. Vanvleet and Lowry are both out as well.

If the Cavs are series about tanking they need to starting resting Sexton as well.

The Raptors, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Wizards all have near identical records. Only a half game separates all 4 of those teams.

A Cavaliers win tonight could have them drop from 5th to 8th on nbatankathon smh..

They need to pick a direction, are they trying to make the “play in” tournament to sneak into the playoffs for a moral victory and forget about a top draft pick prospect, or will they start tanking hard now?

The Cavs direction is supposed to be to try to get better with each game. And still, we will probably sit Love for a couple of games, and Nance and Allen are nowhere to be seen. How much harder do you want them to tank?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#79 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:13 pm

I think it is fairly obvious given the issues this team is facing against length and athleticism that they don't even need to tank they just flat ass suck without Nance who was largely the X factor this season and is probably not playing meaningful minutes to close the year.
I am pretty sick of hearing this orgs soapboxes talk about play in games and striving for small victories as if those things as motivation are enough to even reach mediocrity let alone contention with the core.
I think aside from lucking into drafting Sexton and maybe the Hartenstein trade everything else that Koby has done is really pretty much meh. Including trading for JFro which was smart at first except for the Dre issue and Allen is someone who they will have to pay a lot to retain and maybe really shouldn't even need him as much now with IH in the mix who by all accounts looks more like a legit starting center in the league than anyone expected esp. Denver.
I give the front office 1 more chance in this upcoming draft to write a redemption song
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#80 » by JonFromVA » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:46 pm

The Cavs's "soapboxes" as you call them have to pitch that their team is growing and improving, or they'll be replaced.

That we haven't been able to put our intended starting lineup on the floor for even one game remains our biggest impediment and from my POV, nothing else really matters.

Just as Allen is approaching his return, Sexton and Garland go down.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers