ImageImageImage

Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM

Moderator: jbk1234

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,168
And1: 8,329
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,817
And1: 3,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 pm

3 players in concussion protocol now smh
they are being gifted excuses for sucking anyway
Maybe they are officially tanking finally...nah thats impossible :wink:
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:21 am

I really need Kevin Love to report in shape next Fall. Kevin really needs it too. His athletic limitations are exacerbated by his conditioning and meh effort. He's not at a point in his career where he can afford that anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:22 am

Stillwater wrote:3 players in concussion protocol now smh
they are being gifted excuses for sucking anyway
Maybe they are officially tanking finally...nah thats impossible :wink:
That collision between Hatenstein and Beal was legit last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 am

Cavs need to play at a slower pace when Garland is resting. You don't want to get into a track meet with the Raptors when you've got two G League guards on the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:17 am

Man, the Raptors reach a lot defensively.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 am

If they're resting Garland, they've waved the white flag on this game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:28 am

Lol at Flynn getting super star calls. I'm glad we're tanking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:51 am

Yeah, Love has some things to think about this off season.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,557
And1: 3,270
Joined: Sep 29, 2008

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#10 » by tundraknight » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:12 am

jbk1234 wrote:Yeah, Love has some things to think about this off season.
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Love continuing to tank his trade value.

This season it probably went from neutral at best, to negative.

I haven’t been this frustrated with an over payed and underperforming player since the Larry Hughes era.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:21 am

tundraknight wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Yeah, Love has some things to think about this off season.
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Love continuing to tank his trade value.

This season it probably went from neutral at best, to negative.

I haven’t been this frustrated with an over payed and underperforming player since the Larry Hughes era.
Oh, it's definitely negative now. He's basically got this offseason to rededicate himself to professional basketball or he's headed towards the David Lee role off the bench. He's probably headed there anyway, but it's his only shot at resurrecting his career.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 am

Part of what's happening is the Cavs are getting fouled on the boards and the refs aren't calling it. Allen and Love are getting shoved around and beat up. We're tanking now, but it's something the coaching staff and F.O. need to have an answer for next season because tonight was not an isolated occurrence. Love and Allen are tough to rebound against so other teams are junking it up and seeing what they can get away with.

If Chriss is available for a league minimum deal, I'd think about bringing him back. Dude has a way of making officials find their whistles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:47 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,362
And1: 2,221
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#14 » by JonFromVA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:05 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Part of what's happening is the Cavs are getting fouled on the boards and the refs aren't calling it. Allen and Love are getting shoved around and beat up. We're tanking now, but it's something the coaching staff and F.O. need to have an answer for next season because tonight was not an isolated occurrence. Love and Allen are tough to rebound against so other teams are junking it up and seeing what they can get away with.

If Chriss is available for a league minimum deal, I'd think about bringing him back. Dude has a way of making officials find their whistles.


With our luck they'll just start calling Kevin for arm locking guys.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:31 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Part of what's happening is the Cavs are getting fouled on the boards and the refs aren't calling it. Allen and Love are getting shoved around and beat up. We're tanking now, but it's something the coaching staff and F.O. need to have an answer for next season because tonight was not an isolated occurrence. Love and Allen are tough to rebound against so other teams are junking it up and seeing what they can get away with.

If Chriss is available for a league minimum deal, I'd think about bringing him back. Dude has a way of making officials find their whistles.


With our luck they'll just start calling Kevin for arm locking guys.


I'll take that trade off.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,817
And1: 3,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:33 pm

tundraknight wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Yeah, Love has some things to think about this off season.
Read on Twitter
?s=20


Love continuing to tank his trade value.

This season it probably went from neutral at best, to negative.

I haven’t been this frustrated with an over payed and underperforming player since the Larry Hughes era.

He has not had any reasonable trade value since the day this front office overpaid him to be a mentor.
His combination of mental health disorders and declined ability to perform on the court without injury has made the contract far worse however than it should have been and I expect the front office anticipated a reasonable amount of usage and longevity
from him that has backfired. I personally don't think that batting the ball is frustration as much as it is him intentionally
forcing the org into a situation where there is no choice but to cut him offer him a buyout or send him home on paid leave.
It's too bad given how important he was in the finals runs, but what looked like loyalty to some in the org. him wanting to stay was obviously him just wanting to get paid for not playing. I would do everything up and including trading their 1st if it falls outside the top 6 to get rid of him asap but I honestly dont think anyone would even think that pick in the 7-10 range was worth eating KLoves baggage at this point.
One good thing is he keeps doing that type of romper room bs and the cavs might lose every game left on the schedule 8-)
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,362
And1: 2,221
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#17 » by JonFromVA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:44 pm

NBA players do a lot of dumb stuff acting out of emotion and anger with the refs, we can't buy them all out and send them home.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,817
And1: 3,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#18 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:59 pm

JonFromVA wrote:NBA players do a lot of dumb stuff acting out of emotion and anger with the refs, we can't buy them all out and send them home.

of course not, but when you act like that...its not the same as fire and emotion because you want to win, it looks like the exact opposite and screams give me a damn buyout already
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,669
And1: 23,971
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:NBA players do a lot of dumb stuff acting out of emotion and anger with the refs, we can't buy them all out and send them home.

of course not, but when you act like that...its not the same as fire and emotion because you want to win, it looks like the exact opposite and screams give me a damn buyout already


He was frustrated because literally seconds after getting pushed in the back, sent to the floor, and scrapping his knee, it happened again, the official was right there, and swallowed the whistle. Draymond Green has made a career out of going off when stuff like that happens, the Morris brothers lose their temper on the regular, and Marcus Smart is also one to go off. Let's not be like fans of other teams and blow this out of proportion.

Love's coming off an injury that caused him to miss most of the season, the Cavs have been getting fouled on the boards since Drummond was sat down, and some of this **** is actually dangerous. Allen has been visibly frustrated on the court as well. It's too late this season because the officials aren't going to give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt when they're tanking (although protecting players is arguably the most important aspect of the officials job and really shouldn't be dependent upon that). In any event, the Cavs need an answer to this next season. We've had more guys on the damn concussion protocol miss more games than any team in the NBA, this wasn't happening when Drummond was playing, and we're becoming known as the team you can junk it up against without consequence.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,817
And1: 3,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#20 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:18 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:NBA players do a lot of dumb stuff acting out of emotion and anger with the refs, we can't buy them all out and send them home.

of course not, but when you act like that...its not the same as fire and emotion because you want to win, it looks like the exact opposite and screams give me a damn buyout already


He was frustrated because literally seconds after getting pushed in the back, sent to the floor, and scrapping his knee, it happened again, the official was right there, and swallowed the whistle. Draymond Green has made a career out of going off when stuff like that happens, the Morris brothers lose their temper on the regular, and Marcus Smart is also one to go off. Let's not be like fans of other teams and blow this out of proportion.

Love's coming off an injury that caused him to miss most of the season, the Cavs have been getting fouled on the boards since Drummond was sat down, and some of this **** is actually dangerous. Allen has been visibly frustrated on the court as well. It's too late this season because the officials aren't going to give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt when they're tanking (although protecting players is arguably the most important aspect of the officials job and really shouldn't be dependent upon that). In any event, the Cavs need an answer to this next season. We've had more guys on the damn concussion protocol miss more games than any team in the NBA, this wasn't happening when Drummond was playing, and we're becoming known as the team you can junk it up against without consequence.

I want to agree with you and he might have had justification to be angry but not to act out like a child. If anything he could have got fined for criticizing the refs post game after he lead the team to a come back win. He cant do that though in his current state and so he resides to frustration and what appears as nothing more than a man who has lost interest in playing in the NBA not just in CLE.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers