Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 62: Orlando Magic (18-43) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (21-40) - 7:00PM 

Post#21 » by Stillwater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:13 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Nah, some of us just have more realistic expectations for a 19 year old than others.

you think you are being realistic expecting DG to be what a all star caliber pg next season the season after?
He can't finish in traffic he cant make contested shots so he never takes them he throws errant passes but adds english
to make people say oohh aaahh and blame the teammate who is a rookie for throwing a brick.
Realism my friend is seeing DG is a very limited athlete who will get destroyed in the playoffs you can't build around him

There's a lot of space between never being able to win a playoff game and making the All-Star team next year. Maybe pick a target and stick to it?

Players tend to improve their ability to finish in traffic, eliminate turnovers, create shots, make shots, etc, etc. That doesn't mean Darius will, but only you believe he can't.

Heck, his FG% between 0-3ft shot up this season to 58.7% from 46.8% last year ... and NOBODY on the team is assisted less on his 2pt attempts than Garland. That's a huge jump you refuse to recognize because ... you don't believe in results?

But that's not all ...

His AST% is up from last season, his TO% is down, his TS% is up, his steals are up, his blocks are up, his rebounds are up, his AST/TO is up.

His weight, strength, and conditioning are all improved.

And to top it all off he's finishing the year strong averaging 21 & 7.6 in April.

You have the proof, you have the trend. Why in the world would you assume he's not going to keep getting better?

If you had said he's not ready to lead the team in the playoffs now, I might have even agreed with you; but you must eat hyperbole bars for breakfast ...

I am now 90% convinced you are Koby Altman and you spend more time pretending to be a GM and writing stories on internet forums than actually working
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Re: Game 62: Orlando Magic (18-43) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (21-40) - 7:00PM 

Post#22 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:you think you are being realistic expecting DG to be what a all star caliber pg next season the season after?
He can't finish in traffic he cant make contested shots so he never takes them he throws errant passes but adds english
to make people say oohh aaahh and blame the teammate who is a rookie for throwing a brick.
Realism my friend is seeing DG is a very limited athlete who will get destroyed in the playoffs you can't build around him

There's a lot of space between never being able to win a playoff game and making the All-Star team next year. Maybe pick a target and stick to it?

Players tend to improve their ability to finish in traffic, eliminate turnovers, create shots, make shots, etc, etc. That doesn't mean Darius will, but only you believe he can't.

Heck, his FG% between 0-3ft shot up this season to 58.7% from 46.8% last year ... and NOBODY on the team is assisted less on his 2pt attempts than Garland. That's a huge jump you refuse to recognize because ... you don't believe in results?

But that's not all ...

His AST% is up from last season, his TO% is down, his TS% is up, his steals are up, his blocks are up, his rebounds are up, his AST/TO is up.

His weight, strength, and conditioning are all improved.

And to top it all off he's finishing the year strong averaging 21 & 7.6 in April.

You have the proof, you have the trend. Why in the world would you assume he's not going to keep getting better?

If you had said he's not ready to lead the team in the playoffs now, I might have even agreed with you; but you must eat hyperbole bars for breakfast ...

I am now 90% convinced you are Koby Altman and you spend more time pretending to be a GM and writing stories on internet forums than actually working

Facts be damned, eh?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers