ImageImageImage

where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ?

Moderator: jbk1234

Where do they pick this time? 7th is the greatest odds

1
2
13%
2
3
20%
3
4
27%
4
3
20%
5
0
No votes
6
1
7%
7
2
13%
8
0
No votes
9
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 15

jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,875
And1: 25,006
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#141 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Considering efficient 24 ppg players get a max deal, it's just a matter of fact, if the Cavs still gave him starter minutes and usage even though he's coming off the bench then I'd be perfectly fine with still giving him the max, and I'm sure him and his agent wouldn't complain either since he got his money. I mean sure it would be nice to have some more scoring from our bigs, but we could have 3 20+ ppg scorers in the backcourt and 2 of them would likely be on the court at all times which means we could get away with having less scoring from our bigs. Though our bigs would have much larger defensive responsibilities.
I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


I think Sexton would be 3 or 4th on their lists. I think #1 on both the Knicks or Thunder's lists to max will be SGA though. Though seriously, if he were to come off the bench this year and still score 24+ ppg efficiently, then he's getting a max and no one will bat an eye at it since that's what efficient 24 ppg gets.
I don't know that he'll get enough FGAs to average 24 off the bench. If he's traded, another team might ask him to shoot less and facilitate more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Revenged25
Veteran
Posts: 2,914
And1: 934
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#142 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:37 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


I think Sexton would be 3 or 4th on their lists. I think #1 on both the Knicks or Thunder's lists to max will be SGA though. Though seriously, if he were to come off the bench this year and still score 24+ ppg efficiently, then he's getting a max and no one will bat an eye at it since that's what efficient 24 ppg gets.
I don't know that he'll get enough FGAs to average 24 off the bench. If he's traded, another team might ask him to shoot less and facilitate more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


One way to find out
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,104
And1: 2,369
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#143 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:40 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Yep, it may have never gotten that far, or whatever discussions there may have been haven't leaked.

Although it would be pretty unique if Collin's agent wasn't asking for a starting spot commitment and a max deal given his scoring and potential.


Considering efficient 24 ppg players get a max deal, it's just a matter of fact, if the Cavs still gave him starter minutes and usage even though he's coming off the bench then I'd be perfectly fine with still giving him the max, and I'm sure him and his agent wouldn't complain either since he got his money. I mean sure it would be nice to have some more scoring from our bigs, but we could have 3 20+ ppg scorers in the backcourt and 2 of them would likely be on the court at all times which means we could get away with having less scoring from our bigs. Though our bigs would have much larger defensive responsibilities.
I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.


Did you see a report that his agent is angry? An agent should be the last person upset by trade rumors, it doesn't mean his player isn't going to get paid - just means he has to earn his money.

For reference, here's Austin Brown's client list:

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Austin-Brown/676

One name of interest on the list is Obi Toppin. I don't know if the Cavs were truly interested in him at the draft last year or if it was all a smokescreen, but a swap of clients is something an agent can facilitate.

Collin seems like a fit with Thibs in NY or Sploestra in Miami, but it might depend on their confidence regarding coaching him up on defense; and of course the Cavs interest in taking back whatever they've got to offer. And I wouldn't discount the Cavs using a Sexton trade to move Love as well. They will get something back so they can claim they didn't give anything away, but if they decide they need to reset and resync the rebuild, it may make sense to just clean out anyone they feel doesn't fit or doesn't want to be here anymore.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,875
And1: 25,006
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#144 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Considering efficient 24 ppg players get a max deal, it's just a matter of fact, if the Cavs still gave him starter minutes and usage even though he's coming off the bench then I'd be perfectly fine with still giving him the max, and I'm sure him and his agent wouldn't complain either since he got his money. I mean sure it would be nice to have some more scoring from our bigs, but we could have 3 20+ ppg scorers in the backcourt and 2 of them would likely be on the court at all times which means we could get away with having less scoring from our bigs. Though our bigs would have much larger defensive responsibilities.
I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.


Did you see a report that his agent is angry? An agent should be the last person upset by trade rumors, it doesn't mean his player isn't going to get paid - just means he has to earn his money.

For reference, here's Austin Brown's client list:

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Austin-Brown/676

One name of interest on the list is Obi Toppin. I don't know if the Cavs were truly interested in him at the draft last year or if it was all a smokescreen, but a swap of clients is something an agent can facilitate.

Collin seems like a fit with Thibs in NY or Sploestra in Miami, but it might depend on their confidence regarding coaching him up on defense; and of course the Cavs interest in taking back whatever they've got to offer. And I wouldn't discount the Cavs using a Sexton trade to move Love as well. They will get something back so they can claim they didn't give anything away, but if they decide they need to reset and resync the rebuild, it may make sense to just clean out anyone they feel doesn't fit or doesn't want to be here anymore.
I have Toppin as a bench big in the NBA. I'm not even sure he's a good bench big. He was drafted after his senior year when he was just bullying smaller players. There would have to be multiple firsts attached to him for that to make sense. In fact, if the Knicks wanted to dump Knox instead and make it three firsts, with two of them being from future drafts, I'd probably prefer that package.

In terms of whether Sexton's agent is angry, I promise you he's angry. Not necessarily about the trade rumors (for all we know he'd prefer a trade at this point). A max extension is the best you can do, and anytime there's a real possibility that your client can get one and things start to go sideways, you're not going to be happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
KuruptedCav
Starter
Posts: 2,253
And1: 781
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#145 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:23 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.


Did you see a report that his agent is angry? An agent should be the last person upset by trade rumors, it doesn't mean his player isn't going to get paid - just means he has to earn his money.

For reference, here's Austin Brown's client list:

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Austin-Brown/676

One name of interest on the list is Obi Toppin. I don't know if the Cavs were truly interested in him at the draft last year or if it was all a smokescreen, but a swap of clients is something an agent can facilitate.

Collin seems like a fit with Thibs in NY or Sploestra in Miami, but it might depend on their confidence regarding coaching him up on defense; and of course the Cavs interest in taking back whatever they've got to offer. And I wouldn't discount the Cavs using a Sexton trade to move Love as well. They will get something back so they can claim they didn't give anything away, but if they decide they need to reset and resync the rebuild, it may make sense to just clean out anyone they feel doesn't fit or doesn't want to be here anymore.
I have Toppin as a bench big in the NBA. I'm not even sure he's a good bench big. He was drafted after his senior year when he was just bullying smaller players. There would have to be multiple firsts attached to him for that to make sense. In fact, if the Knicks wanted to dump Knox instead and make it three firsts, with two of them being from future drafts, I'd probably prefer that package.

In terms of whether Sexton's agent is angry, I promise you he's angry. Not necessarily about the trade rumors (for all we know he'd prefer a trade at this point). A max extension is the best you can do, and anytime there's a real possibility that your client can get one and things start to go sideways, you're not going to be happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

There is a wide gulf between disappointment and anger. Unless there is something going on that we can’t see, I’d be cautious to make that leap. It’s money, it’s not personal, and getting angry does a disservice to your business and clients.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,104
And1: 2,369
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#146 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:37 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.


Did you see a report that his agent is angry? An agent should be the last person upset by trade rumors, it doesn't mean his player isn't going to get paid - just means he has to earn his money.

For reference, here's Austin Brown's client list:

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Austin-Brown/676

One name of interest on the list is Obi Toppin. I don't know if the Cavs were truly interested in him at the draft last year or if it was all a smokescreen, but a swap of clients is something an agent can facilitate.

Collin seems like a fit with Thibs in NY or Sploestra in Miami, but it might depend on their confidence regarding coaching him up on defense; and of course the Cavs interest in taking back whatever they've got to offer. And I wouldn't discount the Cavs using a Sexton trade to move Love as well. They will get something back so they can claim they didn't give anything away, but if they decide they need to reset and resync the rebuild, it may make sense to just clean out anyone they feel doesn't fit or doesn't want to be here anymore.
I have Toppin as a bench big in the NBA. I'm not even sure he's a good bench big. He was drafted after his senior year when he was just bullying smaller players. There would have to be multiple firsts attached to him for that to make sense. In fact, if the Knicks wanted to dump Knox instead and make it three firsts, with two of them being from future drafts, I'd probably prefer that package.

In terms of whether Sexton's agent is angry, I promise you he's angry. Not necessarily about the trade rumors (for all we know he'd prefer a trade at this point). A max extension is the best you can do, and anytime there's a real possibility that your client can get one and things start to go sideways, you're not going to be happy.


His client is going to get paid, he's going to get paid.

I see no reason Brown should be angry about a thing, unless he cares to feign mock indignation in order to try to force something out of the Cavs.

I don't like Topping or Knox, but that's not particularly important. The question is, does Altman like him or were the rumors he did just a smoke-screen to try to get NY to trade up?
KuruptedCav
Starter
Posts: 2,253
And1: 781
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#147 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Did you see a report that his agent is angry? An agent should be the last person upset by trade rumors, it doesn't mean his player isn't going to get paid - just means he has to earn his money.

For reference, here's Austin Brown's client list:

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Austin-Brown/676

One name of interest on the list is Obi Toppin. I don't know if the Cavs were truly interested in him at the draft last year or if it was all a smokescreen, but a swap of clients is something an agent can facilitate.

Collin seems like a fit with Thibs in NY or Sploestra in Miami, but it might depend on their confidence regarding coaching him up on defense; and of course the Cavs interest in taking back whatever they've got to offer. And I wouldn't discount the Cavs using a Sexton trade to move Love as well. They will get something back so they can claim they didn't give anything away, but if they decide they need to reset and resync the rebuild, it may make sense to just clean out anyone they feel doesn't fit or doesn't want to be here anymore.
I have Toppin as a bench big in the NBA. I'm not even sure he's a good bench big. He was drafted after his senior year when he was just bullying smaller players. There would have to be multiple firsts attached to him for that to make sense. In fact, if the Knicks wanted to dump Knox instead and make it three firsts, with two of them being from future drafts, I'd probably prefer that package.

In terms of whether Sexton's agent is angry, I promise you he's angry. Not necessarily about the trade rumors (for all we know he'd prefer a trade at this point). A max extension is the best you can do, and anytime there's a real possibility that your client can get one and things start to go sideways, you're not going to be happy.


His client is going to get paid, he's going to get paid.

I see no reason Brown should be angry about a thing, unless he cares to feign mock indignation in order to try to force something out of the Cavs.

I don't like Topping or Knox, but that's not particularly important. The question is, does Altman like him or were the rumors he did just a smoke-screen to try to get NY to trade up?

I like Obi, still shocked that anyone valued him as a top-10 pick. I see him very much like I see Larry Nance Jr., Jae Crowder, etc. High end role-player, but definitely not a cornerstone of your team. I give him a value of a late-1st.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,964
And1: 6,812
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#148 » by LivingLegend » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:23 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Yep, it may have never gotten that far, or whatever discussions there may have been haven't leaked.

Although it would be pretty unique if Collin's agent wasn't asking for a starting spot commitment and a max deal given his scoring and potential.


Considering efficient 24 ppg players get a max deal, it's just a matter of fact, if the Cavs still gave him starter minutes and usage even though he's coming off the bench then I'd be perfectly fine with still giving him the max, and I'm sure him and his agent wouldn't complain either since he got his money. I mean sure it would be nice to have some more scoring from our bigs, but we could have 3 20+ ppg scorers in the backcourt and 2 of them would likely be on the court at all times which means we could get away with having less scoring from our bigs. Though our bigs would have much larger defensive responsibilities.
I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Is there actually something reported that says Sextons agent is angry?
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 15,734
And1: 3,654
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#149 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:55 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Considering efficient 24 ppg players get a max deal, it's just a matter of fact, if the Cavs still gave him starter minutes and usage even though he's coming off the bench then I'd be perfectly fine with still giving him the max, and I'm sure him and his agent wouldn't complain either since he got his money. I mean sure it would be nice to have some more scoring from our bigs, but we could have 3 20+ ppg scorers in the backcourt and 2 of them would likely be on the court at all times which means we could get away with having less scoring from our bigs. Though our bigs would have much larger defensive responsibilities.
I think one of the reasons Sexton's agent is angry is because it's not all certain he'll get that deal if the Cavs don't give it to him. I can game out a scenario with Knicks or Thunder, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Is there actually something reported that says Sextons agent is angry?

noone is reporting anything other than that it is rumored Sexton is being shopped and noone within the Cavs org has said sht to confirm it
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,964
And1: 6,812
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#150 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:19 pm

The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,104
And1: 2,369
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#151 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm

LivingLegend wrote:The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo


I take it 92.3 isn't concerned that Kuminga only managed to shoot 38.7%/24.6%/62.5% against Gleague competition while playing with a teammate (we might also be able to draft) who put up 46.1%/36.5%/82.9% ?

Maybe a big chunk of that was his shot selection as some people say, but that's not a plus nor does it excuse the 62.5% on free-throws.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 15,734
And1: 3,654
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#152 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:39 pm

That G league situation probably was not a good indicator of what JK would look like on a NBA team with an actual functioning offense instead of a bunch of Iso players going yolo ( Jalen Green) so there is a chance JK is the pick, but I really think if they cannot trade down to 5 and get Barnes they should really think about just taking him at 3...Barnes that is
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Veteran
Posts: 2,914
And1: 934
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#153 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Stillwater wrote:That G league situation probably was not a good indicator of what JK would look like on a NBA team with an actual functioning offense instead of a bunch of Iso players going yolo ( Jalen Green) so there is a chance JK is the pick, but I really think if they cannot trade down to 5 and get Barnes they should really think about just taking him at 3...Barnes that is


I hope you weren't referring to the Cavs when you mentioned an actual functioning offense...
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 15,734
And1: 3,654
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#154 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:That G league situation probably was not a good indicator of what JK would look like on a NBA team with an actual functioning offense instead of a bunch of Iso players going yolo ( Jalen Green) so there is a chance JK is the pick, but I really think if they cannot trade down to 5 and get Barnes they should really think about just taking him at 3...Barnes that is


I hope you weren't referring to the Cavs when you mentioned an actual functioning offense...

lol no but that is the goal I would hope...
JK Green Mobley Barnes all these prospects are going to look less than they did in g league or college in their rookie seasons if the rest of Cavs roster does not take another step esp Garland and Okoro.It is going to take a season to know if they made the right choice. The best chance the Cavs have of fast tracking the end result was Cade and now it may be Suggs but I dont have any clue if that need to win right away is really as pressing within the org as the current rumors seem to indicate. I think the Cavs need to draft a player that has elite upside at 3 not just a high floor, but if the only way Altman keeps his job is making the playoffs next season, he is probably gone no matter who he drafts without growth from within the current roster that and a more efficient offense outside of the efficient scoring of Collin Sexton
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,964
And1: 6,812
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#155 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:57 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo


I take it 92.3 isn't concerned that Kuminga only managed to shoot 38.7%/24.6%/62.5% against Gleague competition while playing with a teammate (we might also be able to draft) who put up 46.1%/36.5%/82.9% ?

Maybe a big chunk of that was his shot selection as some people say, but that's not a plus nor does it excuse the 62.5% on free-throws.


I mean Kuminga does seem to be a monster putting the ball on the floor and driving to the rim--but he cant shoot. And whats my motto for people who cant shoot? Get as far away from the Cavs as humanly possible.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 15,734
And1: 3,654
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#156 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:52 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo


I take it 92.3 isn't concerned that Kuminga only managed to shoot 38.7%/24.6%/62.5% against Gleague competition while playing with a teammate (we might also be able to draft) who put up 46.1%/36.5%/82.9% ?

Maybe a big chunk of that was his shot selection as some people say, but that's not a plus nor does it excuse the 62.5% on free-throws.


I mean Kuminga does seem to be a monster putting the ball on the floor and driving to the rim--but he cant shoot. And whats my motto for people who cant shoot? Get as far away from the Cavs as humanly possible.

Drafting A.D. with some Nasty, Giannis 2.0 or high motor Kawhi seems smarter because it ignores current roster make up over drafting a pass first Beal or iso Ja Lavine. but I will be happy with whoever they take unless it isn't any of the chalk 5 left after Luka jr.
Then I would have problems. I agree with need for spacing who doesnt but I dont agree it has to be the main skill of who you pick at 3 given that means you have to take a guard. Koby Altman needs to consolidate some 2022 2nds HOU and WAS to get into the early 2nd this year or late first for the bpa shooters which this draft has plenty of. Some have exceptional athleticism as well. I would target WIsekamp on the wing or Mcbride at guard
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,875
And1: 25,006
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#157 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 1, 2021 1:23 am

LivingLegend wrote:The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo
They're really asking. They barely understand the rules to organized basketball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,964
And1: 6,812
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#158 » by LivingLegend » Thu Jul 1, 2021 1:57 am

jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo
They're really asking. They barely understand the rules to organized basketball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Like...I understand it takes talet to be on the radio, but it always astounds me how these dudes get paid real money to talk about the same 3 sports teams for a living and they are not the most knowledgeable.

I always say that Im interested in sports as a hobby, in my free time after my normal 9-5 job and I know more than 95% of these guys on ESPN 850 and 92.3 the Fan.

That and they spend a combined total of 5 hours per year talking about the Indians/Cavs and the rest is Browns. There are FAR too many times where they are like 'so did you watch the Cavs game last night' and the other host is like 'no I was busy doing other stuff'. THIS IS YOUR JOOOOOOOOB. Your job is to watch the 3 local sports teams games so you can intelligently speak about them to tousands of listeners the next day. What do you mean you didnt watch the game or know nothing about these 3-5 potential draft picks where the Cavs have the #3 pick?

At least go home and spend 2-3 hours one night watchigng Youtube highlights for gosh sake.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,875
And1: 25,006
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#159 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 1, 2021 2:36 am

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:The guys on 92.3 the Fan are really trying to sell the whole 'If you need a SF, why not just take Kuminga at #3"

Here we gooooooo
They're really asking. They barely understand the rules to organized basketball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Like...I understand it takes talet to be on the radio, but it always astounds me how these dudes get paid real money to talk about the same 3 sports teams for a living and they are not the most knowledgeable.

I always say that Im interested in sports as a hobby, in my free time after my normal 9-5 job and I know more than 95% of these guys on ESPN 850 and 92.3 the Fan.

That and they spend a combined total of 5 hours per year talking about the Indians/Cavs and the rest is Browns. There are FAR too many times where they are like 'so did you watch the Cavs game last night' and the other host is like 'no I was busy doing other stuff'. THIS IS YOUR JOOOOOOOOB. Your job is to watch the 3 local sports teams games so you can intelligently speak about them to tousands of listeners the next day. What do you mean you didnt watch the game or know nothing about these 3-5 potential draft picks where the Cavs have the #3 pick?

At least go home and spend 2-3 hours one night watchigng Youtube highlights for gosh sake.
They're okay with baseball, not good, but okay. With basketball, if you took away their internet access and asked them to explain the Cavs cap situation over the next couple years, or the gather rule, they'd be in real trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,104
And1: 2,369
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: where do the Cavs land on your crystal ball ? 

Post#160 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jul 1, 2021 2:16 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:They're really asking. They barely understand the rules to organized basketball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Like...I understand it takes talet to be on the radio, but it always astounds me how these dudes get paid real money to talk about the same 3 sports teams for a living and they are not the most knowledgeable.

I always say that Im interested in sports as a hobby, in my free time after my normal 9-5 job and I know more than 95% of these guys on ESPN 850 and 92.3 the Fan.

That and they spend a combined total of 5 hours per year talking about the Indians/Cavs and the rest is Browns. There are FAR too many times where they are like 'so did you watch the Cavs game last night' and the other host is like 'no I was busy doing other stuff'. THIS IS YOUR JOOOOOOOOB. Your job is to watch the 3 local sports teams games so you can intelligently speak about them to tousands of listeners the next day. What do you mean you didnt watch the game or know nothing about these 3-5 potential draft picks where the Cavs have the #3 pick?

At least go home and spend 2-3 hours one night watchigng Youtube highlights for gosh sake.
They're okay with baseball, not good, but okay. With basketball, if you took away their internet access and asked them to explain the Cavs cap situation over the next couple years, or the gather rule, they'd be in real trouble.


Which hosts are we talking about?

Obviously Jeff Phelps watches a lot of basketball.

But in general, there's way too much filler and commercials on 92.3/WKNR. I've been taking advantage of their app to replay segments where they interview someone talking about a subject of interest and listening to Podcasts more and more.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers