Trade Down
No votes

Total votes: 10

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Predict the Pick 

Post#1 » by yoyoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 am

I'm expecting Mobley's name to be called. If it's Suggs I'll be upset. If it's anyone else, I'm rioting.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Re: Predict the Pick 

Post#2 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:11 am

Yep ... all signs are pointing to Mobley, but I'm good as long as Altman doesn't do something crazy.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:11 am

Same.

I suppose it's possible that Presti could really put a stupid offer on the table, but after three 20-win seasons, I really don't have the patience to wait on like 4 or 5 future firsts to come in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:22 am

jbk1234 wrote:Same.

I suppose it's possible that Presti could really put a stupid offer on the table, but after three 20-win seasons, I really don't have the patience to wait on like 4 or 5 future firsts to come in.

People really overestimate the value of future picks from a team that has zero incentive to tank

Teams suck for years and sometimes decades just to have a shot at drafting a player like Mobley.

The only thing better then a potential franchise player is an actual franchise player.

Does anyone remember what we got from the picks and swaps we got from the Heat so we'd shuttup about collusion?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:27 am

chalk is Cade 1
Green 2
Mobley 3
I see an eraser in the future as I think Green or Cade are the ones that fall to 3 not Mobley...
I see them possibly taking Barnes in the trade down with Mobley already gone unless they think TOR takes him at 4 then I just take Green or Cade.
cough cough or Kuminga :wink:
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:32 am

yoyoboy wrote:I'm expecting Mobley's name to be called. If it's Suggs I'll be upset. If it's anyone else, I'm rioting.

I thought you liked Barnes? I mean if Mobley is gone your taking the trade down and getting Barnes right? He is way more interesting than an iso wing
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#7 » by yoyoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:34 am

Stillwater wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:I'm expecting Mobley's name to be called. If it's Suggs I'll be upset. If it's anyone else, I'm rioting.

I thought you liked Barnes? I mean if Mobley is gone your taking the trade down and getting Barnes right? He is way more interesting than an iso wing

I do like Barnes. But he's still probably 3rd for me. I'm also a little bit higher on Suggs and a little lower on Scottie than I was like a week ago so they've flip flopped spots.

If Mobley is gone, I try to do 3 for 5 + 8 with Orlando, and then take the 2 of Suggs/Barnes/Wagner/Sengun who are available.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:08 am

Stillwater wrote:chalk is Cade 1
Green 2
Mobley 3
I see an eraser in the future as I think Green or Cade are the ones that fall to 3 not Mobley...
I see them possibly taking Barnes in the trade down with Mobley already gone unless they think TOR takes him at 4 then I just take Green or Cade.
cough cough or Kuminga :wink:
Interesting scuttlebutt is that when he was USC, KPJ was a real jerk to Mobley's dad who was a coach there. Apparently, Mobley's agent let the Rockets know he's not interested in joining up with KPJ. Now, if it's me, I tell Mobley not to worry about it and ship out KPJ. But maybe since KPJ and Green are reportedly looking forward to playing with each other, that's influencing the Rockets' decision making process.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:37 am

Short of picking someone outside the top six I'll be fine I'll probably criticize them if it's not who I would have taken but anybody in the top six is a lot better than what we could have been looking at sitting at 5 before the lottery. This also why i am good with Barnes or Suggs at 5 instead of Green or even Cade who im sour on now. Green imo is worst case because he forces roster shake up unless hes legit 6'6
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:53 pm

Stillwater wrote:Short of picking someone outside the top six I'll be fine I'll probably criticize them if it's not who I would have taken but anybody in the top six is a lot better than what we could have been looking at sitting at 5 before the lottery. This also why i am good with Barnes or Suggs at 5 instead of Green or even Cade who im sour on now. Green imo is worst case because he forces roster shake up unless hes legit 6'6

We'd probably be picking 6th or 7th, so, we should all be pretty happy if the Rockets and Cavs just follow the script and we end up with Mobley.

I don't expect the pick to have zero ramifications, but the focus will be making sure there are enough minutes in the front-court than the back-court. Given Love and Nance's unreliability, it can be argued that isn't even a problem ... but Altman has cleared the path for much lower picks and he may feel he has to do so again to make sure JBB starts Mobley.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:04 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Short of picking someone outside the top six I'll be fine I'll probably criticize them if it's not who I would have taken but anybody in the top six is a lot better than what we could have been looking at sitting at 5 before the lottery. This also why i am good with Barnes or Suggs at 5 instead of Green or even Cade who im sour on now. Green imo is worst case because he forces roster shake up unless hes legit 6'6

We'd probably be picking 6th or 7th, so, we should all be pretty happy if the Rockets and Cavs just follow the script and we end up with Mobley.

I don't expect the pick to have zero ramifications, but the focus will be making sure there are enough minutes in the front-court than the back-court. Given Love and Nance's unreliability, it can be argued that isn't even a problem ... but Altman has cleared the path for much lower picks and he may feel he has to do so again to make sure JBB starts Mobley.

yeah I mean I am fully supportive of a chalk top 3 if it happens and I am finally warming to the idea of Green at 3 if he slides because I am not sold Houston is that committed to him as it seems but overall would not be surprised in the least if the Cavs took Suggs Barnes or even Kuminga in a trade down letting one of the top 3 slip through their fingers. I love Barnes upside as Giannis Lite if they do trade down but if he goes somewhere that puts the ball in his hands like in college is where he will shine. I think he can be that prospect that in 5 years gets redrafted as a top 2 prospect.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#12 » by KuruptedCav » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:04 am

Kuminga, because if I say Mobley, it’ll be Kuminga.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:32 am

Thank you Kobe Altman.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#14 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 am

And good thing we didn't play games trading back and expecting Barnes to still be there.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers