El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: Unleash The Dawgs! 

Post#181 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Mmmh...

I guess RRubio's contract is out.

I'll wait for confirmation before sharing my thoughts.

Addendum: Ricky Rubio, Cavaliers 2022 Lottery Protected First Round Pick, Rockets 2022 Second Round Pick, Future Second Round Pick.

Well... I need to think whant's next.

Honestly... not particularly motivated to pack in and hit the road to Indiana.
But Nomadism has its rules.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: RRubio to Indiana. I guess this is a farewell... 

Post#182 » by KuruptedCav » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:58 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:
Read on Twitter
Mmmh...

Addendum: Ricky Rubio, Cavaliers 2022 Lottery Protected First Round Pick, Rockets 2022 Second Round Pick, Future Second Round Pick.

Stick around until we find out where Rubio plays his next game. I still think it’ll be Cleveland with the MLE.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#183 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 6, 2022 10:00 pm

That would make me very happy.

Aside RRubio, there are many players in this roster I learned to love.
No Kevin pun intended.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: Unleash The Dawgs! 

Post#184 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 11:39 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:
Read on Twitter
Mmmh...

Make sure Rubio's actually making the trip.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#185 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 6, 2022 11:52 pm

He'll probably never put a foot at Indiana (not dressing their uniform at least).
But as I said, Nomadism has rules.

Maybe he'll never play bball again or not in the NBA but as long he's under contract with IND(most probably, they'll keep it 'til summer and they might put him into another trade)we're forced to root for them.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#186 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Feb 7, 2022 12:17 am

goodbye timbertrolls, and fare thee well.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#187 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 7, 2022 12:21 pm

I might roam a bit around from time to time (as I do with MIN, UTA and PHX).

My thoughts on Caris LeVert:

I don't specially like him.

Either he can evolve his style of playing or he has few J.B. can use to give him heavy minutes into current CLECaus systems.

An emergency resource for games where collective mojo is not there, so we need a give me the ball and I'll do it by myself type of guy... I can't see nothing more.

He's (relatively) young.,, he's supposed to be entering his prime right now. I've seen Aron Baynes developing a 3p shoot out of the blue being 30 years old, for instance.
So is not impossible he can adjust himself to unselfish CLECaus ball movement.

I don't know if he can play tough defense. If he can, he never proved it before.
Again, not impossible he evolves on that. Markkanen didn't look a good defender at Chicago as well and now he's fine.

He can't run the team.
Zero Point-Guard instincts. He can play kinda combo-guard (many people mislead that with legit PGs) and he can do sorta play-making... by no means brilliant or particularly creative.
He's but a so-so passer and not prone to share the ball (not so far, at least).

If RRondo can sustain the good level he showed yesterday, Caris might struggle to make himself relevant in the rotation.
Not sure if worth sending La Mar to the deep bench to give him minutes (let alone Kokoro). My take about the team is we've lost more games due to bad defense than to bad offense.

He might take some Ce Dios spot... I'd be unhappy with that but maybe that would be an offensive boost to the team making up for a worse defense.

About his physical accountability... I don't wanna judge. Injuries are 90% hazard, so he might be perfectly healthy all the time he spends with Cavs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news: He has undeniable offensive talent.
He has been nothing to write home about from long distance this season but he used to be reliable in the past... I foresee he can easily be a good shooter again here.
He can drive and finish on traffic. He is less powerful than Colin but he's bigger and has a deeper skill set as well.
He is Ohio native and can count with his ex-teammates Afro JA and Rajon to sweeten his adaptation process.

J.B. is a smart guy. I don't see Koby forcing Caris into the locker-room without Bickerstaff's approval.
If he wants him on the roster I guess we can trust his judgement (surely he knows way better than me).

J.B. wrote:You have to do your due diligence on the character of the person that you’re bringing in or the people that you’re bringing in because we’re not in the position we’re in where we’re buyers at this point if it wasn’t for our chemistry.

We won’t do anything that will disrupt that, for sure. And then again, your decision has to be based on a talent that’s so clear, clearly an improvement or an upgrade for the team where people understand that we’re making moves to get better. Our guys in that locker room are extremely competitive, so we need to make sure that whatever the decision we make is a decision that’s going to really give us a leap

So: I rather prefer Sextonto on that rol (I mean rol, not position) or even Goodwin.
By a mile.
Not over-confident on him having a huge success here but not impossible either.

If he ends up being substantial and team gets better with him, I'll return to sing my #IKnowNothingJonSnow.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#188 » by sisibilio » Mon Feb 7, 2022 3:52 pm

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#189 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:17 pm

Addendum: Some Indiana fan (@Scoot McGroot) points out Caris is a good teammate and loved into the locker-room.

I guess that's what J.B. meant when he said: We won't do anything that will disrupt the chemistry

Read on Twitter
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,650

Post#190 » by toooskies » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:13 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Addendum: Some Indiana fan (@Scoot McGroot) points out Caris is a good teammate and loved into the locker-room.

I guess that's what J.B. meant when he said: We won't do anything that will disrupt the chemistry

Read on Twitter

Yeah, a couple of the Pacers interviews (with Carlisle and I think Holiday?) showed up in Fedor's article about the trade and both went out of their way to talk about how good of a person LeVert was before they talked about his on-court value.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,381

Post#191 » by JonFromVA » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:01 pm

Yep, this is why LeVert has been on the Cavs short-list. Allen and LeVert were close on the Nets, so they know full well what kind of player they're adding to the locker-room.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: RRubio to home. La Mar to deep bench. Us to Ohio... (insert obscene expletive here). 

Post#192 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:09 pm

Koby said CLECaus won't make any move on buyout market and I trust him.

This is the ultimate roster: They'll face POs (if any... I guess it's almost locked) with these guys.

I remember I told you I often do a middle-season brick-post around AS dates to make some balance and compare with my initial Pre Season takes... I guess I'll eventually do it.

Last novelty has been to kick La Mar's ass out from the court to give his minutes to Cari.

You don't care about my feelings,
Care you?
JonFromVA
RealGM

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: RRubio to home. La Mar to deep bench. Us to Ohio... (insert obscene expletive here). 

Post#193 » by JonFromVA » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:33 pm

I'm not sure saying keep the faith applies to a nomad who's already packed up and moved to the Pacer's board, but I feel LaMar's moment will come. He will be unleashed when we need him most.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#194 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:37 pm

JonFromVA wrote:I'm not sure saying keep the faith applies to a nomad who's already packed up and moved to the Pacer's board, but I feel LaMar's moment will come. He will be unleashed when we need him most.

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: RRubio to home. La Mar to deep bench. Us to Indiana... Gimme a break! 

Post#195 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Laurita Mari Kkarmen is not the kind of player getting votes for AS.
He doesn't rank particularly high at any stats.
He is not even into the conversations for MIP.

And yet his absence is the most tactically devastating for CLECaus.

Way more than Sextonto's knee, more even than Darius' back, Moble's elbow or Amor's protocols...
The impact of his absence into team systems and approach to the game is comparable to RRubio's loss or Afro JA's asymptomatisms.

We can't play the same without him.

TweedleDean is doing great and I have not a single reproach to J.B: could perfectably be the most functional way to replace him.
But it's just not the same... not even close.
Usually, if somebody's missing, BicCristal can just break into the locker-room at pre-game with energy and confidence and shout to the players:
J.B. wrote:Listen guys! We lost XX and YY and sure we'll miss them but we're not gonna cry! Next man up!! We keep playing the same and having trust!!
If that XX or YY is Mari Kkarmen, he just can't say that and expect his players to believe him.
Because J.B. himself doesn't believe it at all.
We just can't play the same without him.Image
Every game he missed CLE tried to adjust the gameplan to this absence... at times, twerking the rotation (La Mar playing SF/PF when J.B. prefers him as a pure -non-SG f.i.) or designing defensive plans (that Double-team Afro/Moble over Embiid, f.i.) or forcing 2nd unit line-ups (increasing minutes of Amor/Moble/Afro Ja frontcourt f.i.).

No matter if Win or Loose... whatever adjustment works always worse than the original game plan with a healthy Laurita in.

We absolutely and terminally can't play the same without him.

Plain and simple.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: RRubio to home. La Mar to deep bench. Us to Indiana... Gimme a break! 

Post#196 » by JonFromVA » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:23 pm

It'll be good to get Lauri back, but the team clearly suffers with any of their primary players out; but for the most part has found ways to keep winning enough to not lose too much ground in the East.

I'm going to be keeping my eye on the second unit because Ricky, Love, and Cedi were clicking nicely ... and Rondo, Goodwin, LeVert by comparison is a work in progress.

We also can't ignore that the rest of the league is realizing the Cavs are a threat and are collecting more tape they can look at to try to figure out how to cope with our bigs and slow Garland.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#197 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:52 pm

I'm just talking about positional disposition both ends, tactical moves, usual systems and set plays.

You can replace a star for a G-leaguer with similar characteristics (just minor level) and you can play exactly the same.
No need to think, no need to invent, no need to adjust, no need to figure things out, no need to design new systems.

You got worse but you play the same.

If you loose a key role player whose qualities have no replacement in the roster (and barely in the market) you can't play the same.
You need to play different.
Maybe your new adjustments eventually reveals to be better than the original game plan.

Not happening so far and I highly doubt will ever happen (not this season at least).

So I miss them playing again what they were building to play since day 1.
And I bet J.B. misses it as well.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus INDianos. Ghost Double Band Wagon 

Post#198 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:16 pm

I found myself uncomfortable switching band wagons in the middle of the season.
I strongly sustain is a bad idea to force a player to abandon a team once Late Pre Season is over, even if NBA market loves it.
Same for fans... even band wagoner fans.

I can take it when there's a whole NBAless Summer to emotionally get used to it but not in the spot.

So I decided to quit trying.

From now on, I will support unconditionally both RRubio teams this season:

-CLECaus
-INDianos

(While of course still keeping an eye on TimberTrolls, Utroll Jazz and Black Troll Suns)
(Wouldn't go so far as to say I'll keep an eye on OKC... Ricky barely passed by)
(But I make no promises).
About tonight's games... I'll probably watch IND live and CLE replayed.

Bucks are some of the worse fit a Lauriless CLECaus can face.
That's bad news.

But we have La Mar.
That's good news.

(Mmmh... do we actually face MIL tonight?... I feel like I'm missing something...)
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#199 » by JonFromVA » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:22 pm

Do you think there's a chance Rubio will ever play for the Pacers? Perhaps it's time to pick a second favorite player to follow ...
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#200 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:27 pm

Oh. That's done since Late pre Season.
It's La Mar (you should know).

Doesn't matter if RRubio ever actually puts a foot into INDianos locker-room or not (same with future CLECaus locker-room).

He's a professional NBA BBall player.
INDiana pays his salary.

No way to dodge that. I'm forced to root for them (or half-root at the very least).
I didn't invent Capitalism.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers