ImageImageImage

Space reserved for RRubio Troll Nòmades.

Moderator: jbk1234

LesGrossman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,782

Re: Space reserved for RRubio Troll Nòmades. 

Post#21 » by LesGrossman » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:13 pm

If Rubio comes off the bench to play behind some scrub, we'll get to see the bad version of him again. Hes an extremely sensitive player who needs to feel the trust of the coach and team to bring out his best. Its good he keeps getting the confidence boosts in his national team appearances though. World champion and MVP at the last world cup, unstoppable against the later champions this olympics.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 25,006

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:34 pm

LesGrossman wrote:If Rubio comes off the bench to play behind some scrub, we'll get to see the bad version of him again. Hes an extremely sensitive player who needs to feel the trust of the coach and team to bring out his best. Its good he keeps getting the confidence boosts in his national team appearances though. World champion and MVP at the last world cup, unstoppable against the later champions this olympics.
Garland isn't a scrub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by LesGrossman » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:If Rubio comes off the bench to play behind some scrub, we'll get to see the bad version of him again. Hes an extremely sensitive player who needs to feel the trust of the coach and team to bring out his best. Its good he keeps getting the confidence boosts in his national team appearances though. World champion and MVP at the last world cup, unstoppable against the later champions this olympics.
Garland isn't a scrub.

I dont know Garland but last season Ricky came off the bench behind D'Lo for a while and he was horrible. Its simply not the situation that brings out the great game he has. Its not a fan view, its a simple fact.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 25,006

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 2:14 am

LesGrossman wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Garland isn't a scrub.

I dont know Garland but last season Ricky came off the bench behind D'Lo for a while and he was horrible. Its simply not the situation that brings out the great game he has. Its not a fan view, its a simple fact.
I mean Love is coming off the bench too and my understanding is that Rubio warmed up to the mentorship role with Ant as the season wore on.

It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 52

Post#25 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Aug 9, 2021 3:00 am

This thread is going to be a disaster. Garland the scrub!
JonFromVA
General Manager
And1: 2,369

Post#26 » by JonFromVA » Mon Aug 9, 2021 4:00 am

Rubio was going through problems related to the pandemic. His play in FIBA is hopefully a sign he's ready to turn back the clock, but Rubio fans need to understand he's on the team to help the young players. If he can't do that he'll be sent packing.
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by LesGrossman » Mon Aug 9, 2021 3:32 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Rubio was going through problems related to the pandemic. His play in FIBA is hopefully a sign he's ready to turn back the clock, but Rubio fans need to understand he's on the team to help the young players. If he can't do that he'll be sent packing.

Thats exactly what will happen. If he comes off the bench to play a few minutes he will play horrible on offense. He will always give 100% and be an elite help defender, steal guy and rebounder, he will get his assists, but he wont be able to shoot because its a mental thing with him. Without shooting and without good starters around him who can convert an open shot he created, he isnt worht the money. Fans will hate him and he will move on after this season.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

JonFromVA
General Manager

Post#28 » by JonFromVA » Mon Aug 9, 2021 6:54 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:Rubio was going through problems related to the pandemic. His play in FIBA is hopefully a sign he's ready to turn back the clock, but Rubio fans need to understand he's on the team to help the young players. If he can't do that he'll be sent packing.

Thats exactly what will happen. If he comes off the bench to play a few minutes he will play horrible on offense. He will always give 100% and be an elite help defender, steal guy and rebounder, he will get his assists, but he wont be able to shoot because its a mental thing with him. Without shooting and without good starters around him who can convert an open shot he created, he isnt worht the money. Fans will hate him and he will move on after this season.

As nice as it would be, nobody is counting on Rubio knocking down J's with any consistency. If he did, someone will pay him a lot more than the Cavs next year.
SkyhookinUrMom
Sophomore
And1: 279

Post#29 » by SkyhookinUrMom » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:41 am

Playoffs con la minga
El Hespiritu
Pro Prospect
And1: 994

Post#30 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 pm

ImageImage

O Dear...
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Revenged25
Veteran
And1: 934

Post#31 » by Revenged25 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:48 pm

As funny as the Ringer was trying to be, Lauri had to agree to sign with Cleveland for the S&T to even occur.
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by LesGrossman » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:59 pm

As a positive side effect for all Rubio fanboys and -girls, our sleeping habits will certainly improve since Ricky will play in the east for the first time in his career.

Learning about the roster i feel more excited about the coming season that seems to be reasonable.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

JonFromVA
General Manager

Post#33 » by JonFromVA » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:41 pm

LesGrossman wrote:As a positive side effect for all Rubio fanboys and -girls, our sleeping habits will certainly improve since Ricky will play in the east for the first time in his career.

Learning about the roster i feel more excited about the coming season that seems to be reasonable.

I think Ricky will have a major role showing if the Cavs collection of talent is actually worth something. Might just save Altman's job.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers