ImageImageImage

Nòmades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderator: ijspeelman

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus INDianos. Ghost Double Band Wagon 

Post#221 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:39 pm

By @eeeezou from Twitter Cavs Nation France.

RRubio has made a public appearance.
Guy has being pretty much quiet during his rehab and now he showed himself to promote some ecologist organization and then the presentation of the Rafa Nadal Academy graduation ceremony.

The tennis player is dealing with a chronic injure on his foot... that's why he walks funny.

In comparison, Ricky seems walking fluently and effortless.
That's good news, I think.

He didn't made statements about his health. It was a formal act totally focused on Rafa Nadal Academy students.

Read on Twitter
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#222 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:55 am

Some love for Love

Read on Twitter

Also the backup PG stuff.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#223 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:57 pm

It would have been interesting to hear Channing explain why he doesn't consider LeVert or Sexton to be "head up guards" who can make plays for others.

We fall in to this trap too, but there's a wide gap between what Ricky Rubio brings (brought) in terms of BBIQ, court vision, and ball handling and pretty much everyone else in the NBA except a handful of elite players.

So the question is who's close enough?

Would a Raul Neto get the job done? Monte Morris?

I'm not saying he wouldn't, I'm just saying we need to be careful not to overlook Ricky's talent level even at this stage in his career.

And while I too hope Isaac gets more involved in the offense, the Cavs are presently tied to Evan's development. As he improves his dribbling and court-awareness, he will become a much better offensive anchor and #2 option.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#224 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:56 pm

JonFromVA wrote:It would have been interesting to hear Channing explain why he doesn't consider LeVert or Sexton to be "head up guards" who can make plays for others.
Because they never were, they aren't and they will probably never be.
It's just not in their nature. They have neither point guard instincts nor IQ enough to develop this aspect of the game in a near future.

After ten years at the League they could improve their knowledge and game awareness to become a so-so commanders but it's next season we're talking about.

At this moment, Sextonto could (hardly) make up for it if you change the systems to a 7-seconds-or-less kind of offense but this can only work for (some) RS games.

Against PO defenses, you're dead.

Ce Dios or Kevin Love (or even La Mar) are more of a playmakers than them; you could try to design a sorta Point-Forward offense when defense is settled and you can't run but again... you need to change the entire team systems for the 2nd unit and then switch it to the regular ones when Garlandas comes in again.

That's just messy and disfuncional.

If RRubio announces tomorrow he retires from bball, I'll be saying exactly the same.

You still need another true PG for the bench (better than Pangos I mean).
Individually-scorer-oriented combos like Cari or Collin just won't do the trick and plus you risk to dismiss their best qualities.

I would almost consider to keep RRondo (at least 'til the Trade Deadline) even if those bad rumors about his personal life are actually true.

Tyus Jones would be ideal... too expensive tho. Memphis will foreseeabely match any reasonable offer.

Neto might be a cheaper option indeed. Defense can be a problem then.

It's a tough spot to fill.

Addendo: Pat El Motivao Beverley has not yet locked his spot in MIN for next year.
New owners are changing the FO guys. There are rumours about GM Gupta and the 'old guard' left by Rosas having differences with newcomers about Pat.
He's expensive as well but could be another option.

D-Load is apparently in the market but this means going straight to luxury tax and I don't think it would be good for Garlandas.
Guy wants to be a first fiddle.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#225 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:27 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:It would have been interesting to hear Channing explain why he doesn't consider LeVert or Sexton to be "head up guards" who can make plays for others.
It's just not in their nature. They have neither point guard instincts nor IQ enough to develop this aspect of the game in a near future.

After ten years at the League they could improve their knowledge and game awareness to become a so-so commanders but it's next season we're talking about.

At this moment, Sextonto could (hardly) make up for it if you change the systems to a 7-seconds-or-less kind of offense but this can only work for (some) RS games.

Ce Dios or Kevin Love (or even La Mar) are more of a playmakers than them; you could try to design a sorta Point-Forward offense when defense is settled and you can't run but again... you need to change the entire team systems for the 2nd unit and then switch it to the regular ones when Garlandas comes in again.

If RRubio announces tomorrow he retires from bball, I'll be saying exactly the same.

Individually-scorer-oriented combos like Cari or Collin just won't do the trick and plus you risk to dismiss their best qualities.

I would almost consider to keep RRondo (at least 'til the Trade Deadline) even if those bad rumors about his personal life are actually true.

Tyus Jones would be ideal... too expensive tho. Memphis will foreseeabely match any reasonable offer.

Addendo: Pat El Motivao Beverley has not yet locked his spot in MIN for next year.
New owners are changing the FO guys. There are rumours about GM Gupta and the 'old guard' left by Rosas having differences with newcomers about Pat.

D-Load is apparently in the market but this means going straight to luxury tax and I don't think it would be good for Garlandas.

Channing didn't say we needed another PG, or even a combo-guard, just someone who can dribble with his head up so he can create some offense.

Of course Sexton and LeVert have limitations as play-makers and they both suffer from a degree of tunnel vision, but either one of them is capable of dishing out 4 assists per game and likely higher if given more play-making responsibility. Kevin Love is a nice passer for a big, but he's only at 2.4 apg for his career. The Celtics (who did make it to the finals) feature a player in Jaylen Brown who doesn't always keep his head up, and Tatum who's dishing 4.4 apg with 2.9 turnovers, etc, etc.

Did it bite them in the end? Sure, but they still got to the finals thanks to their defense.

So, I would have appreciated if Channing had bothered to go deeper in to what he's seeing (let alone hearing).

Of course, we're going to add a backup-PG, IMO, that's a separate issue.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Post#226 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Jul 1, 2022 1:49 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:

Someone is happy now that your guy is back to the Cavaliers next season. Congrats
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#227 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 1:54 pm

Thrilled with Ricky on the taxpayer MLE. Great deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#228 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:09 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Thrilled with Ricky on the taxpayer MLE. Great deal.

Apparently 3 year deal too with the 3rd year partially guaranteed - just have to hope he has something left in the tank after rehab and recovery.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#229 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:11 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

Apparently 3 year deal too with the 3rd year partially guaranteed - just have to hope he has something left in the tank after rehab and recovery.

He was the fourth best player on the roster last year. Even if he comes back at 75%, his ability to work with big men will be invaluable.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#230 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:16 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

He was the fourth best player on the roster last year. Even if he comes back at 75%, his ability to work with big men will be invaluable.

I'm more interested in his ability to help Darius continue to improve.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#231 » by KuruptedCav » Fri Jul 1, 2022 10:59 pm

Happy our Nomads are home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,655

Post#232 » by toooskies » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Some Rubio news: https://www.reddit.com/r/clevelandcavs/comments/xgx0ca/windy_on_watching_the_cavs_first_pickup_game/

He's doing individual workouts without a brace. Pretty good for 9 months after injury. We could have him for more of the season than we expect!
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 857

Post#233 » by ijspeelman » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:45 pm

toooskies wrote:Some Rubio news: https://www.reddit.com/r/clevelandcavs/comments/xgx0ca/windy_on_watching_the_cavs_first_pickup_game/

He's doing individual workouts without a brace. Pretty good for 9 months after injury. We could have him for more of the season than we expect!

Excited to have Rubio back! Our bench offense shouldn't be awful anymore, though I think the addition of Mitchell would have helped that from last year either way. Hope he gets back near last year's level soon.
toooskies
Analyst

Post#234 » by toooskies » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=7fn6_yOSmTkfVdpsP65HzA&s=19
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#235 » by JonFromVA » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:12 pm

This is great, I was concerned he wouldn't even be with the team until he was closer to a return and he can do so much to help even if he's not ready to play.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#236 » by gflem » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:48 pm

JonFromVA wrote:This is great, I was concerned he wouldn't even be with the team until he was closer to a return and he can do so much to help even if he's not ready to play.

Ricky doesn't strike me as a guy who would stay away, especially at this point in his career. And he must really like it here, re-signing here after being traded.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#237 » by JonFromVA » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:32 pm

gflem wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:This is great, I was concerned he wouldn't even be with the team until he was closer to a return and he can do so much to help even if he's not ready to play.

Ricky doesn't strike me as a guy who would stay away, especially at this point in his career. And he must really like it here, re-signing here after being traded.

It shows he's prioritizing the team and whatever he can contribute to the team even when hurt over his personal comfort/convenience/family/etc. It's appreciated.

I never thought he'd take the trade as anything beyond an admission he'd be out for the season and the team needed to do something to fill the hole. The Cavs proved how much they valued him by offering him a contract before anyone could even know if he could still be a productive NBA player, and he proved how much he valued them by accepting even less than they could have offered.

Too bad Collin and his representation couldn't reach a similar conclusion, but that's history swept under the rug now.
toooskies
Analyst

Post#238 » by toooskies » Tue Oct 4, 2022 2:18 am

Do you like movement with your individual shooting drills?

Read on Twitter
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. 

Post#240 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Feb 3, 2023 3:40 pm

(Un-phasing)

Mmmh...

Aiyä?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers