ImageImageImage

Nòmades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderator: ijspeelman

KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. 

Post#241 » by KuruptedCav » Fri Feb 3, 2023 6:33 pm

Nomads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#242 » by JonFromVA » Fri Feb 3, 2023 7:01 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:Nomads!

Did Ricky's contingent get lost in Indiana? Feel betrayed when the Cavs traded him?
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,659

Post#243 » by toooskies » Fri Feb 3, 2023 7:11 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:(Un-phasing)

Mmmh...

Aiyä?

Was worried! I stopped posting in this thread because you disappeared from the board and your Twitter account around the same time.

Pretty happy with how Ricky's recovery is going-- some bumpy minutes early on but he's starting to look like himself more and more.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#244 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:00 pm

toooskies wrote:

Mmmh...

Aiyä?

Was worried! I stopped posting in this thread because you disappeared from the board and your Twitter account around the same time.

Pretty happy with how Ricky's recovery is going-- some bumpy minutes early on but he's starting to look like himself more and more.

Gratitude but don't you stop posting because of me, beg you. A one-man-thread is not worthy.

I'm having some Internet problems + Real Life issues.
I eventually could watch some games and now posting from some public WI-Fis.

Late Pre Season is over and Ricky looks good.
More than good, actually.

Maybe is hard to perceive when he's focused into just recovering the feel for the game... but I think I never have seen RR exuding so much baraka... not even when he was physycally 100%.

I don't see him returning to himself:
I see him evolving into something better.

I'm expecting best Rubio season.

Ever.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#245 » by JonFromVA » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:19 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:
toooskies wrote:

Mmmh...

Aiyä?

Gratitude but don't you stop posting because of me, beg you. A one-man-thread is not worthy.

I'm having some Internet problems + Real Life issues.
I eventually could watch some games and now posting from some public WI-Fis.

Late Pre Season is over and Ricky looks good.
More than good, actually.

Maybe is hard to perceive when he's focused into just recovering the feel for the game... but I think I never have seen RR exuding so much baraka... not even when he was physycally 100%.

I don't see him returning to himself:
I see him evolving into something better.

I'm expecting best Rubio season.

Ever.

We've always wondered what Ricky might do if he had consistent 3pt shooting ... and it's possible that will be something that finally happens for him. His FT% has always been solid.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#246 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:22 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

Did Ricky's contingent get lost in Indiana? Feel betrayed when the Cavs traded him?
My inside sources are nothing to write home about but here you have them:

For what I knew, RR was bit hesitant about Koby's promises at the beginning (We need to fill your spot this season but we want you back next year)... we all know GMs at times tell the player what the player wants to hear even if it's not a carved at stone thing

Arizona told RR they wanted him many years to build the future but when HOU imploded and CP3 became available, they just changed the plan.
Legit and understandable but the player who was asked to 'build the future' found himself border-tanking at The Tundra the year after.
That makes you grow sceptic about 'future plans'.

He decided to eventually trust. He felt Koby was a man of his word plus J.B., Kevin Amor, Garlandas and other guys at the locker-room played some role as well.

He felt CLE actually wanted him. With his strenghts and frailties, with his ups and downs and even with no guarantee to be fully recovered.

He felt love.

When it comes to RR, Love is all that matters.

No Kevin pun intended.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#247 » by JonFromVA » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:33 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

My inside sources are nothing to write home about but here you have them:

For what I knew, RR was bit hesitant about Koby's promises at the beginning (We need to fill your spot this season but we want you back next year)... we all know GM's at times tell the player what the player wants to hear even if it's not a carved at stone thing

Arizona told RR they wanted him many years to build the future but when HOU imploded and CP3 became available, they just changed the plan.
Legit and understandable but the player who was asked to 'build the future' found himself border-tanking at The Tundra the year after.
That makes you grow sceptic about 'future plans'.

He decided to eventually trust. He felt Koby was a man of his word plus J.B., Kevin Amor, Garlandas and other guys at the locker-room played some role as well.

He felt CLE actually wanted him. With his strenghts and frailties, with his ups and downs and even with no guarantee to be fully recovered.

He felt love.

When it comes to RR, Love is all that matters.

No Kevin pun intended.

Understandable, but even if we were talking Danny Ainge here rather than Koby Altman, I never doubted the Cavs wanted Ricky back. Obviously not to start, and not at his previous salary; but that's where it made sense to offer him a multi-year deal when every other team would want to see how his recovery went before committing anything.

Which isn't to say the Cavs won't flip his contract if they see the opportunity to improve the team, it's just they'll take in to account everything he's contributing before doing so (which alas, fell to zero after his injury).
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#248 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:53 pm

That 'obviously' hurts but I know J.B. so you're right.

To honor the truth, I'm not so much interested on starting lineups.
I'm far more interested in tied-games finishing lineups and 'hot moment's lineups.

And I bet RR too.

Addendo: On a side note... please, don't you mislead Dannytroll.

You'll find tons of reporters, GMs and agencies who will tell you can't trust a single word from Dannytroll's mouth.

You won't find any ex-player of him telling that.
Neither any ex-coach.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#249 » by JonFromVA » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:14 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:That 'obviously' hurts but I know J.B. so you're right.

To honor the truth, I'm not so much interested on starting lineups.
I'm far more interested in tied-games finishing lineups and 'hot moment's lineups.

And I bet RR too.

Addendo: On a side note... please, don't you mislead Dannytroll.

You'll find tons of reporters, GMs and agencies who will tell you can't trust a single word from Dannytroll's mouth.

You won't find any ex-player of him telling that.
Neither any ex-coach.

Have you asked Isaiah Thomas?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#250 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:26 pm

??

Isaiah never told Dannytroll lied to him, so far I know.
He just said he'll never forgive him for being traded after all he did for BOS (the way he was injured) but that was all.

You can make a point about Ainge being a cold son of a b* but not strictly a liar.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,682

Post#251 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Feb 6, 2023 3:30 am

Great to see Rubio get 9 assists in 20 mins versus the Pacers today!
toooskies
Analyst

Post#252 » by toooskies » Mon Feb 6, 2023 2:27 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Great to see Rubio get 9 assists in 20 mins versus the Pacers today!

Yep, Rubio looked great last night, we were able to push the action and keep the pressure on them the whole night and Ricky made a young team look like it.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#253 » by JonFromVA » Mon Feb 6, 2023 4:18 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:??

Isaiah never told Dannytroll lied to him, so far I know.
He just said he'll never forgive him for being traded after all he did for BOS (the way he was injured) but that was all.

You can make a point about Ainge being a cold son of a b* but not strictly a liar.

Danny lied to Isaiah by not telling him the extent of his injury and then lied to the Cavs by trying to tell them IT would be ready to play by the start of the season. Then you can get in to aspects of loyalty, where Isaiah felt he was being loyal by playing on that injury in the playoffs because everyone had been telling him how important he was to the team and how much they needed him, and then they swapped him for Irving rather than pay a broken player.

Of course Danny spins it differently, which is why it's best to judge organizations by their actions rather than their words. Those actions? Ainge fired the Celtics medical & training staff.

Feel free to give Ainge the benefit of the doubt if you wish, but the Cavs trading of Rubio was not an act of disloyalty and the proof is in the proverbial pudding.
toooskies
Analyst

Post#254 » by toooskies » Mon Feb 6, 2023 4:19 pm

One thing to add: Jarrett Allen mishandled several passes from Rubio last night that came very late on the drive under the hoop. When he starts expecting those, that combo is going to look great. I think Mobley's already on the same page there.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#255 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Feb 7, 2023 6:51 pm

I think all of our guards are doing great feeding the dogs.

Spida looks like he's giving more assists inside in half a season here than during all his Utah's career.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#256 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:16 pm

Rickyfans have been calling it during almost two decades with not so many people agreeing (in fact, most of them didn't even understood what we were talking' about).

You just CAN'T judge Ricky Rubio's game by checking his box score.
NOT AT ALL!!

Happy to see J.B. knows.
He always knew, 'course.

Read on Twitter
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#257 » by JonFromVA » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:40 pm

Well, +/- is in the box score these days, and Ricky had a team leading +14 inspite of missing every shot (6 3pters). His 5 assists, 3 steals and a block also landed in the box score which tied him for 2nd in "helper value" in just under 17 minutes.

Interesting, Ricky didn't have much of an impact in the first half (+0); but in the second half when paired with one of our guards he had a stretch he was +5 with Mitchell, then +2 with Garland, and then +7 with both.

Great shooters will have bad days, but everyone can contribute in other ways.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#258 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:07 pm

...including +/-, steals, assists, blocks and helper values.

AT ALL

We get closer when we check his teammates' box score instead.
But that's not enough to fully realize it.

I don't even pretend to be capable of fully realize it.

I just sing it.

Usually with Anime OST.

You wanna change your life?
Then, change your mind
Just growin' up, growin' up

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Read on Twitter
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. Now Watching Replay BOS Game. (No Spoilers Please) 

Post#259 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Mar 2, 2023 7:47 pm

We're dealing 2nd Quarter.
They are 3p ahead.

Their current difference-makers at court are being Hauser and Muscala... what goes beyond weird.
We struggle to find offensive rhythm but we hold forth nicely at D.

Garlandas has been taking the command on attack while Spida focus on guarding Cyclops (Brown)... he's a waaay better D-man than he's usually being credited for.
Kokoro did a decent job over Jayson and the rest of our frontcourt matched BOS physical power... barely but fine enough.

RRubio is being so sneakily impactful as he often is but I smell he feels a bit different tonight.
Lets' see if that's just my wishful thinking or prophecy.

La Mar didn't play yet.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. Now Watching Replay BOS Game. (No Spoilers Please) 

Post#260 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Mar 2, 2023 8:58 pm

OK.

There were moments I thought we'd be stomped but Spida kept us alive long enough to make them feel our teeth against their neck.
..and then we ran out of time...

I buy it.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers