ImageImageImage

GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET

Moderator: jbk1234

Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 35,664
And1: 11,118
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#21 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:17 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Mobely going be a star he wasn’t scared of the moment at all . Good game


Davis looked really big next to Evan.... but Evan held his own; and gotta imagine he'll get a lot bigger too.

He has nice shot and he has decent length , yea he will grow into his body .
mg
Head Coach
Posts: 6,342
And1: 2,794
Joined: Jun 12, 2003

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#22 » by mg » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:18 am

NRSV wrote:Perhaps the worst game of Sexton’s NBA career.


He started out great but then caught that stinger on his shoulder and then got blocked from behind by Lebron. He got hit a few times and no fouls were called. Looked like he was in some pain. Our boys were playing against men (and the refs tonight).
NRSV
Junior
Posts: 390
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 08, 2020

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#23 » by NRSV » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:20 am

mg wrote:
NRSV wrote:Perhaps the worst game of Sexton’s NBA career.


He started out great but then caught that stinger on his shoulder and then got blocked from behind by Lebron. He got hit a few times and no fouls were called. Looked like he was in some pain. Our boys were playing against men (and the refs tonight).

The physique differences were really noticeable between the Cavs and Lakers.
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,763
And1: 3,945
Joined: Mar 24, 2014

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#24 » by LesGrossman » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:40 am

A lot would have to change before the league allows the cavs to beat the lakers, in LA. Its always the same with lebron teams. Cleveland benefitted from it long enough, now get to know how it feels on the other end.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,714
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#25 » by JonFromVA » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:22 am

LesGrossman wrote:A lot would have to change before the league allows the cavs to beat the lakers, in LA. Its always the same with lebron teams. Cleveland benefitted from it long enough, now get to know how it feels on the other end.


lol, the refs and the league never had a problem with some upstart team coming in to Cleveland and beating 'LeBron.

It created drama ....

They also swallowed their whistle on a lot of the contract James received because he didn't start embellishing it and faking it until he got to Miami.

What he did like he always used to do is close strong and made sure their lead wasn't bricked away.
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 13,386
And1: 16,303
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
     

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#26 » by yoyoboy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Mobley finished with 0 fouls and 0 turnovers yesterday. And a +0 plus/minus while every other starter finished between -5 and -23. The kid just doesn’t make mistakes out there.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,714
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#27 » by JonFromVA » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:32 pm

The Cavs had 3 serious scoring droughts in the game, JBB needs to think how we can get buckets when the pressure ratchets up.

Hopefully there are better days for Stevens ability to put the ball in the bucket.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 44,708
And1: 25,709
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:36 pm

JonFromVA wrote:The Cavs had 3 serious scoring droughts in the game, JBB needs to think how we can get buckets when the pressure ratchets up.

Hopefully there are better days for Stevens ability to put the ball in the bucket.


It's hard to design a system when so few of the people on the court can hit an open 3 point shot. All it takes is for Lauri, Love, or Garland to go cold, and in this case all three did in the second half, and you're in trouble. He might have to find a way to work Windler or even Valentine into the rotation when that starts happening (I personally think the Steven experiment should be over).

But between this game and the Hornets game, I'm pretty sure the opposing team's scouting report is going to eventually read *get rough with them, junk up the game, and dare them to shoot over top of you.*
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,714
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#29 » by JonFromVA » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:24 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:The Cavs had 3 serious scoring droughts in the game, JBB needs to think how we can get buckets when the pressure ratchets up.

Hopefully there are better days for Stevens ability to put the ball in the bucket.


It's hard to design a system when so few of the people on the court can hit an open 3 point shot. All it takes is for Lauri, Love, or Garland to go cold, and in this case all three did in the second half, and you're in trouble. He might have to find a way to work Windler or even Valentine into the rotation when that starts happening (I personally think the Steven experiment should be over).

But between this game and the Hornets game, I'm pretty sure the opposing team's scouting report is going to eventually read *get rough with them, junk up the game, and dare them to shoot over top of you.*


Well, I'm sure JBB would prefer to use Okoro over Stevens, and he should have that option soon; but there's no reason to believe Stevens will be completely incapable of putting the ball in the basket in the future.

There always seems to be a price to pay to exert the energy necessary to play high level defense; but if they stick with it, maybe they'll adapt? I mean it wouldn't hurt if Garland wasn't so quick to start taking more difficult shots the moment he gets a couple to go in, and at some point Collin will start knocking down 3's. It's kind of like nobody in their life taught them how to go about getting to a favorite spot and shooting from there.

Let's face it, the offense so far this season simply has not been scoring enough points. We're pretty luck to have 3 wins out of the past 4 games when we haven't broken 101 pts in any of them.

JBB seems content with trying to plug up our defensive holes rather than our offensive ones, but he said he's going to evaluate and adjust ... so we shall see.
Revenged25
Analyst
Posts: 3,037
And1: 954
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#30 » by Revenged25 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:43 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:The Cavs had 3 serious scoring droughts in the game, JBB needs to think how we can get buckets when the pressure ratchets up.

Hopefully there are better days for Stevens ability to put the ball in the bucket.


It's hard to design a system when so few of the people on the court can hit an open 3 point shot. All it takes is for Lauri, Love, or Garland to go cold, and in this case all three did in the second half, and you're in trouble. He might have to find a way to work Windler or even Valentine into the rotation when that starts happening (I personally think the Steven experiment should be over).

But between this game and the Hornets game, I'm pretty sure the opposing team's scouting report is going to eventually read *get rough with them, junk up the game, and dare them to shoot over top of you.*


Well, I'm sure JBB would prefer to use Okoro over Stevens, and he should have that option soon; but there's no reason to believe Stevens will be completely incapable of putting the ball in the basket in the future.

There always seems to be a price to pay to exert the energy necessary to play high level defense; but if they stick with it, maybe they'll adapt? I mean it wouldn't hurt if Garland wasn't so quick to start taking more difficult shots the moment he gets a couple to go in, and at some point Collin will start knocking down 3's. It's kind of like nobody in their life taught them how to go about getting to a favorite spot and shooting from there.

Let's face it, the offense so far this season simply has not been scoring enough points. We're pretty luck to have 3 wins out of the past 4 games when we haven't broken 101 pts in any of them.

JBB seems content with trying to plug up our defensive holes rather than our offensive ones, but he said he's going to evaluate and adjust ... so we shall see.


Pretty sure Lauri at the 3 and playing Love as many minutes as he has is trying to plug our offensive wholes, just Lauri has done well enough defensively with Mobley & Allen behind him.
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,763
And1: 3,945
Joined: Mar 24, 2014

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#31 » by LesGrossman » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:33 am

yoyoboy wrote:Mobley finished with 0 fouls and 0 turnovers yesterday. And a +0 plus/minus while every other starter finished between -5 and -23. The kid just doesn’t make mistakes out there.

You think finishing a close basketball game with 0 fouls is a sign of competence and "making no mistakes"?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,714
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: GT #6, Cavaliers @ Lakers, 29 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#32 » by JonFromVA » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:17 am

Revenged25 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
It's hard to design a system when so few of the people on the court can hit an open 3 point shot. All it takes is for Lauri, Love, or Garland to go cold, and in this case all three did in the second half, and you're in trouble. He might have to find a way to work Windler or even Valentine into the rotation when that starts happening (I personally think the Steven experiment should be over).

But between this game and the Hornets game, I'm pretty sure the opposing team's scouting report is going to eventually read *get rough with them, junk up the game, and dare them to shoot over top of you.*


Well, I'm sure JBB would prefer to use Okoro over Stevens, and he should have that option soon; but there's no reason to believe Stevens will be completely incapable of putting the ball in the basket in the future.

There always seems to be a price to pay to exert the energy necessary to play high level defense; but if they stick with it, maybe they'll adapt? I mean it wouldn't hurt if Garland wasn't so quick to start taking more difficult shots the moment he gets a couple to go in, and at some point Collin will start knocking down 3's. It's kind of like nobody in their life taught them how to go about getting to a favorite spot and shooting from there.

Let's face it, the offense so far this season simply has not been scoring enough points. We're pretty luck to have 3 wins out of the past 4 games when we haven't broken 101 pts in any of them.

JBB seems content with trying to plug up our defensive holes rather than our offensive ones, but he said he's going to evaluate and adjust ... so we shall see.


Pretty sure Lauri at the 3 and playing Love as many minutes as he has is trying to plug our offensive wholes, just Lauri has done well enough defensively with Mobley & Allen behind him.


It is but JBB had played some rotations where there was only one shooter other than the ball handler, and that makes it pretty challenging to create offense even for a seasoned PG like Ricky let alone DG and CS

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers