ImageImageImage

GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET

Moderator: jbk1234

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,888
And1: 8,572
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
toooskies
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 255
Joined: Jul 18, 2013
     

Re: GT #8, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 23 October 2021, 6:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by toooskies » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:28 pm

Larry Nance nothing-but-love-but-how's-that-being-traded-to-a-winner-thing-working-out game.

With Lauri, Love, and Okoro out, it's time to test how deep that bench is-- time for Wade, Stevens, and Windler to show what they've got.
User avatar
El Hespiritu
Rookie
Posts: 1,139
And1: 1,050
Joined: May 24, 2016
Location: Barcelona
Contact:
   

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 3, 2021 10:20 pm

#FreeTheSea (La Mar)
#FreeTacko (Fall)
Image
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,763
And1: 3,945
Joined: Mar 24, 2014

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#4 » by LesGrossman » Thu Nov 4, 2021 1:23 am

Great win. Who gets the game ball, guys?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 44,708
And1: 25,709
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 1:55 am

I legitimately had no idea the game started at 7. Only caught the last little bit.

I'll take 5-4 when most pundits looked at the schedule and said we were bound to go 5-15 at best.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
Posts: 2,174
And1: 64
Joined: Jun 29, 2002

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#6 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:41 am

Rubio is 50:1 to win the 6th man. He's playing really well. I'm tempted.

Mobley is 3.8:1 on ROY and 100:1 on DPOY. Somehow Sexton is 80:1(LOFL) on dPOY and Allen is 38:1 on DPOY.
toooskies
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 255
Joined: Jul 18, 2013
     

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#7 » by toooskies » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:46 am

While Rubio might be deserving, 6MOY almost always goes to a scorer, and Herro is a lock for the award if he keeps things up.
User avatar
El Hespiritu
Rookie
Posts: 1,139
And1: 1,050
Joined: May 24, 2016
Location: Barcelona
Contact:
   

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#8 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:49 am

Right now, I see Jarrett Allen closer to deserve a max than anybody else in the roster.

I'll wait 'til he becomes at least a sophomore before telling about Mobley.
Image
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,714
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:13 am

We finally get some home cooking going and then we've got to hit the road again. What a schedule.

Wade, Windler, and Cedi really stepped up, Allen has been great, Sexland stepped up like we need them every night, Ricky's shot is still cold but he's helping our second unit outplay, and Mobley can just be one of the gang not Atlas (aka LeBron)
Revenged25
Analyst
Posts: 3,037
And1: 954
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#10 » by Revenged25 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 1:59 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Rubio is 50:1 to win the 6th man. He's playing really well. I'm tempted.

Mobley is 3.8:1 on ROY and 100:1 on DPOY. Somehow Sexton is 80:1(LOFL) on dPOY and Allen is 38:1 on DPOY.


Obviously Sexton having higher DPOY than Mobley is ridiculous, but Sexton hasn't really been bad defensively. He hasn't been good, but he's playing probably average defense.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,714
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:12 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:Rubio is 50:1 to win the 6th man. He's playing really well. I'm tempted.

Mobley is 3.8:1 on ROY and 100:1 on DPOY. Somehow Sexton is 80:1(LOFL) on dPOY and Allen is 38:1 on DPOY.


Obviously Sexton having higher DPOY than Mobley is ridiculous, but Sexton hasn't really been bad defensively. He hasn't been good, but he's playing probably average defense.


It's hard to sort out the defensive mixed bag that is either of Garland or Sexton. It's easy to focus on the negatives and not weight the positives, but time will tell how it's all working ... and the bottom line is we're sitting at 11th in the league right now in DRtg which is a far cry from where we ended up last year.

And unlike last year we can't just say it was a short blip against bad teams, but we do need to see them keep it up outside these early weeks when a lot of players are shaking off rust and adapting.

If they can stay above average on defense, and bring it on offense like we saw in this game on a regular basis ... well .. that's how Sexland could work. Even if it's only home games where they really light things up, that's still a formula for a lot of regular season wins.

Also any complaints about Collin passing up shots or driving in to a crowd in this game? His turnovers were higher than we'd like, but he was scoring pretty effortlessly on the Blazers. Most of his turnovers were due to sloppy passing, except for the last one with a minute left to play when he waded in to a crowd, didn't see Garland wide open, and got the ball knocked away. Fortunately Lillard threw the ball out of bounds not realizing Simmons had collided with Garland, or perhaps we'd be dwelling on that play.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100108&PlayerID=1629012&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612739&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game
Revenged25
Analyst
Posts: 3,037
And1: 954
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#12 » by Revenged25 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:24 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:Rubio is 50:1 to win the 6th man. He's playing really well. I'm tempted.

Mobley is 3.8:1 on ROY and 100:1 on DPOY. Somehow Sexton is 80:1(LOFL) on dPOY and Allen is 38:1 on DPOY.


Obviously Sexton having higher DPOY than Mobley is ridiculous, but Sexton hasn't really been bad defensively. He hasn't been good, but he's playing probably average defense.


It's hard to sort out the defensive mixed bag that is either of Garland or Sexton. It's easy to focus on the negatives and not weight the positives, but time will tell how it's all working ... and the bottom line is we're sitting at 11th in the league right now in DRtg which is a far cry from where we ended up last year.

And unlike last year we can't just say it was a short blip against bad teams, but we do need to see them keep it up outside these early weeks when a lot of players are shaking off rust and adapting.

If they can stay above average on defense, and bring it on offense like we saw in this game on a regular basis ... well .. that's how Sexland could work. Even if it's only home games where they really light things up, that's still a formula for a lot of regular season wins.

Also any complaints about Collin passing up shots or driving in to a crowd in this game? His turnovers were higher than we'd like, but he was scoring pretty effortlessly on the Blazers. Most of his turnovers were due to sloppy passing, except for the last one with a minute left to play when he waded in to a crowd, didn't see Garland wide open, and got the ball knocked away. Fortunately Lillard threw the ball out of bounds not realizing Simmons had collided with Garland, or perhaps we'd be dwelling on that play.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100108&PlayerID=1629012&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612739&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game


1: Happens to a lot of guards he'll learn
2: Looks like Nurkic might've hit it but even if he didn't he made a great play causing Sexton to really have to adjust
3: Seemed like miscommunication with JA, he though JA would cut harder than he did especially with his man trailing so tried to lead him more. Will come with more practice in those situations as he's looking to pass more than just score in the past.
4: That was 100% JB's horrible baseline OOB sets that Nance knows and just keyed up on. He took the only pass that looked viable before the 5 shot violation that Ricky ended up getting later in the game.
5: I wish I had a few seconds before that one picked up as it looked like Garland wasn't open yet and was late to start transitioning to the top of the key as it was already at 6 seconds on the shot clock when Sexton decided to try to drive but with his own man, JA's that was brought due to the pick, Mobley's due to him sitting in the corner on that side, and then what appears to be Garland's man that had started sneaking into the paint once the shot clock was getting low it was hard for him to do anything except try to make a play.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
Posts: 2,174
And1: 64
Joined: Jun 29, 2002

Re: GT #9, Trail Blazers @ Cavaliers, 3rd November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#13 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:47 pm

toooskies wrote:While Rubio might be deserving, 6MOY almost always goes to a scorer, and Herro is a lock for the award if he keeps things up.


Yeah, it always seems to go to some dude that puts up garbage counting stats like Lou Williams or Trezz

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers