GT #23, Cavaliers @ Wizards, 3rd December 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Dec 3, 2021 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Re: GT #23, Cavaliers @ Wizards, 3rd December 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by gflem » Sat Dec 4, 2021 12:12 am

Tough game, it would be a real quality win if we can get it.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#3 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Dec 4, 2021 1:14 am

I’m loving JFro & Mobley, 5 years of this is something to look forward to…

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#4 » by dlts20 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 1:14 am

Kyrie may be the fanciest player in history but I trust garland way more to take you further. Great young player. You will be a hard out in the playoffs and may be the ec team to beat in a few years
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#5 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Dec 4, 2021 1:36 am

I was expecting another Montrollzel show off but never happened (so far).

BicCristal didn't adjust... he just expected Mari Karmen and Amor's addition to the rotation would suffice to help Afro Samurai and Moble to deal with Harrell and it's working.

Bit of a shame... I was expecting some La Mar/Montrollzel Clash Of Titans odd stuff but we're nailing it so no complaints.

Addendum: Funny story.
Some guy at Spanish Forum Knicks thread wrote a brick about Mitchell Robinson and he ended up saying
Mitch is in the Looney, Capela, Allen range of players... discreet Centers, no having any prominence but making aports on a secondary role.

My answer was
You haven't watched Afro Samurai play in a loooong time and that's not an opinion.
Those are facts
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#6 » by TheLand13 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 2:28 am

El Hespiritu wrote:I was expecting another Montrollzel show off but never happened (so far).

BicCristal didn't adjust... he just expected Mari Karmen and Amor's addition to the rotation would suffice to help Afro Samurai and Moble to deal with Harrell and it's working.

Bit of a shame... I was expecting some La Mar/Montrollzel Clash Of Titans odd stuff but we're nailing it so no complaints.

Harrell is going up against both Mobley and Allen. There's simply no way he was going to be able to dominate that duo.

And also, something that just came up in my mind. How realistic would it be for Cleveland to get their hands on Robert Covington in the off season?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#7 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Dec 4, 2021 2:42 am

Montrollzel ate AfroMoble couple alive last time they met without even sweating.
Amor and Lauri back to lineups allowed our starting Bigs to rest and that made a hell of a difference tonight.

I never care trade market unless some player wants out or something meaningful (including locker-room health) isn't working.
I don't take any other player of the League over any of ours right now.

If it works, don't fix it.

Of course, if you tell me we can get RoCo in exchange of Pangos, Rembrandt and a 2nd round I'd do it but at his regular market cost, it's too of a mess into the current rotation and locker-room balance.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,507

Post#8 » by afarmenian » Sat Dec 4, 2021 4:52 am

TheLand13 wrote:
El Hespiritu wrote:I was expecting another Montrollzel show off but never happened (so far).

Harrell is going up against both Mobley and Allen. There's simply no way he was going to be able to dominate that duo.

And also, something that just came up in my mind. How realistic would it be for Cleveland to get their hands on Robert Covington in the off season?

I think Covington has looked pretty washed if you ask blazers fans....and this is a contract year so thats alarming.
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#9 » by Jorgeglez7 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 8:19 am

This is not just about win or lose (gimme the wins), but it's been a real pleasure to watch this team play at both ends of the floor. Is also wonderful to see JBB rotations to deny other players, to control tempo, to score more... Real basketball having on of the youngest teams in the NBA and after the TOUGHEST schedule so far...
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,417

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 4, 2021 9:09 am

Garland and Allen continue to run a clinic. It got so bad for the Wiz, I think Drew Gooden wanted to step on the floor and give them some defensive help. He wanted to see them put more pressure on Garland and cheat earlier to help against Allen. Maybe play a zone.

Of course our bigs can pass and knocking down open 3s is the only thing more deadly ... but hey trying something is better than doing nothing.

Garland is picking up on the counters quickly. I can only imagine how much it helps him to have experienced vets to help him understand what to do on the sideline and execute it on the floor.

On one play DG drove and had 3 open players at the 3pt line, fortunately one of them was Lauri and Darius found him. I suppose in a playoff series we might expect teams to bother to read the scouting report and cheat off the right people?
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#11 » by Jorgeglez7 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 11:59 am

JonFromVA wrote:Garland and Allen continue to run a clinic. It got so bad for the Wiz, I think Drew Gooden wanted to step on the floor and give them some defensive help. He wanted to see them put more pressure on Garland and cheat earlier to help against Allen. Maybe play a zone.

Of course our bigs can pass and knocking down open 3s is the only thing more deadly ... but hey trying something is better than doing nothing.

Garland is picking up on the counters quickly. I can only imagine how much it helps him to have experienced vets to help him understand what to do on the sideline and execute it on the floor.

On one play DG drove and had 3 open players at the 3pt line, fortunately one of them was Lauri and Darius found him. I suppose in a playoff series we might expect teams to bother to read the scouting report and cheat off the right people?

The question then is: Who IS the right Guy to cheat off from?? Rubio scoring better 3pt% of his Career, Allen presumably Will be rolling inside, Markkannen is actually a three Point shooter, Mobley has proven that he also can bury them easily. Even Okoro is knocking them down with his feet set in catch and shoot situations.

I'm really hyped Up with this team because even in some nights when the shots won't drop, we are the second best defense in the NBA and que know how to play with the tempo, and that pays off.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,816

Post#12 » by yoyoboy » Sat Dec 4, 2021 12:11 pm

Three straight games in which we were up 30+ on >.500 teams on the road.

This team is good folks.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,685

Post#13 » by toooskies » Sat Dec 4, 2021 1:32 pm

I was hoping for two wins in the six game stretch after Orlando and we're 3-0? Even after resetting expectations this team is defying expectations.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#14 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 4, 2021 4:03 pm

Jorgeglez7 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:Garland and Allen continue to run a clinic. It got so bad for the Wiz, I think Drew Gooden wanted to step on the floor and give them some defensive help. He wanted to see them put more pressure on Garland and cheat earlier to help against Allen. Maybe play a zone.

The question then is: Who IS the right Guy to cheat off from?? Rubio scoring better 3pt% of his Career, Allen presumably Will be rolling inside, Markkannen is actually a three Point shooter, Mobley has proven that he also can bury them easily. Even Okoro is knocking them down with his feet set in catch and shoot situations.

I'm really hyped Up with this team because even in some nights when the shots won't drop, we are the second best defense in the NBA and que know how to play with the tempo, and that pays off.

Well for starters anything is better than an Allen lob dunk, so just letting Garland practice his layup and floaters would be a small improvement, but I suspect we will see teams start to trap Garland more and just get the ball out of his hands.

Fortunately our bigs can pass or set a screen and get it back to him. So ultimately cheat a lot off Okoro and/or Mobley seems the obvious answer.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#15 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 4, 2021 6:26 pm

One question that's been raised is how are we holding down opponent's 3pt%? It's not like we're contesting every 3pter. Are we lucky? Are we getting teams out of sorts due to our length?

I don't expect our offense to always run smoothly, but our defense that can drag opponents down to our level ... unless 3pt shooting gets out of control.

I read the Washington Post this morning to see whether they referred to the Cavs as "lowly" .. and old-time go to of the paper, but this columnist passed on that. But wow, the Wizards sure had a lot of excuses for their performance ... going with just about anything short of giving the Cavs credit for creating problems they failed to solve.

I mean, my first thought was ... maybe they could use a PG? And how could they come in to this game without a scheme to deal with the Garland-Allen P&R?
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#16 » by FranchisePlayer » Sat Dec 4, 2021 6:39 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Three straight games in which we were up 30+ on >.500 teams on the road.

This team is good folks.

Preach!
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,685

Post#17 » by toooskies » Sat Dec 4, 2021 7:20 pm

JonFromVA wrote:One question that's been raised is how are we holding down opponent's 3pt%? It's not like we're contesting every 3pter. Are we lucky? Are we getting teams out of sorts due to our length?

I don't expect our offense to always run smoothly, but our defense that can drag opponents down to our level ... unless 3pt shooting gets out of control.

I read the Washington Post this morning to see whether they referred to the Cavs as "lowly" .. and old-time go to of the paper, but this columnist passed on that. But wow, the Wizards sure had a lot of excuses for their performance ... going with just about anything short of giving the Cavs credit for creating problems they failed to solve.

I mean, my first thought was ... maybe they could use a PG? And how could they come in to this game without a scheme to deal with the Garland-Allen P&R?

A lot of shooters like to get in rhythm by making some easier shots inside the arc before launching 3s. By not allowing a lot of easy 2s, the outside shooters have to start there.
Bullstuff
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#18 » by Bullstuff » Sat Dec 4, 2021 7:34 pm

Total rebounds 54 vs 33 for the Cavs. Wizards starters had a grand total of 1 offensive board. The Cavs are certainly doing something right.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#19 » by JonFromVA » Sun Dec 5, 2021 5:19 pm

Bullstuff wrote:Total rebounds 54 vs 33 for the Cavs. Wizards starters had a grand total of 1 offensive board. The Cavs are certainly doing something right.

That's definitely something we turned around from the first game when we were missing Kevin and Lauri and let Harrell go crazy.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers