Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:00 am

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Re: GT #44, Cavaliers @ Thunder, 15 January 2022, 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:31 am

We definitely look like a team that's been on the road for over a week and played a tight game last night.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:28 am

I don't know if Mobley is tired, or tender from last night and not feeling the physical play, but he's putting very little effort into rebounding this game.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:58 am

Once again, Windler's not getting enough touches given the minutes he's played. Having shooters on the floor and not getting them the ball is just dumb basketball.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:05 am

Huh, the coaching staff must've seen the same thing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#6 » by JonFromVA » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:53 am

Bad teams find ways to lose, good teams find ways to win.

Part of my optimism for the team is we keep finding ways to win and generally playing beyond where we should be on our development curve.

LeBron, Kyrie, and Kevin probably lose this game ...
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#7 » by FranchisePlayer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:47 am

Markkanen playing with confidence - clutch 3 and 4 steals.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#8 » by gflem » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:10 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Bad teams find ways to lose, good teams find ways to win.

Part of my optimism for the team is we keep finding ways to win and generally playing beyond where we should be on our development curve.

We really miss Rubio, however its games like this where it was nice to see Garland take another step towards becoming an all star pg. Good to see the team finding ways to win, this was clearly an easy place for the players to just say "schedule loss" and just be looking forward to getting home. Props to the players and coaching staff for grinding this one out.
OT, I watch the games on League Pass and have seen/heard a lot of opposing teams announcing crews and the Thunder have by far the worst announcing team I have heard all season. There were at least 8-10 times that what they were describing wasn't even close to what was actually happening on the court. I get that they are paid by the team and expect some homerism but it really took away from what was a competitive game. The announcers for Sacramento have been the best I have heard, I actually enjoyed listening to them more that our home announcers. Please, save "the AC makes my ears hurt", I know, but he is a great person and this is his last season I believe, though he should have hung it up a few years back the sad situation with Fred McCloud passing is why I believe he stayed on so there would be some consistency on the crew.
Bullstuff
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#9 » by Bullstuff » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:15 pm

This. It looked like Cavs were just hanging on in the 2nd and then the spread got to 18pts in the 3rd. Offense looked pretty lost in the first half and OKC was winning the boards. Cavs were able to shift gears and started to pretty much dominate (turnovers vs in the second half was not even close) even though the score was close. Cavs were simply the team with the confidence to win in the end.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 pm

We're also beating/out-performing a lot of teams the pundits ranked as having better young cores.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:00 am

gflem wrote:

We really miss Rubio, however its games like this where it was nice to see Garland take another step towards becoming an all star pg. Good to see the team finding ways to win, this was clearly an easy place for the players to just say "schedule loss" and just be looking forward to getting home. Props to the players and coaching staff for grinding this one out.
OT, I watch the games on League Pass and have seen/heard a lot of opposing teams announcing crews and the Thunder have by far the worst announcing team I have heard all season. There were at least 8-10 times that what they were describing wasn't even close to what was actually happening on the court. I get that they are paid by the team and expect some homerism but it really took away from what was a competitive game. The announcers for Sacramento have been the best I have heard, I actually enjoyed listening to them more that our home announcers. Please, save "the AC makes my ears hurt", I know, but he is a great person and this is his last season I believe, though he should have hung it up a few years back the sad situation with Fred McCloud passing is why I believe he stayed on so there would be some consistency on the crew.

One of his gems was stating the Cavs have been losing for years and had collected 8 lottery picks after 5 consecutive trips to the lottery ... apparently can't count or remember we went to the finals in 2018 ... or that Sexton wasn't even our pick.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers