Play-In Game 2 : Hawks @ Cavaliers, 15 April, 2022 7:30 PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Re: Play-In Game 2 : Hawks @ Cavaliers, 15 April, 2022 7:30 PM 

Post#2 » by gflem » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:27 pm

Allen saying he will give it a go, who knows if they let him how much he can help? On defense sure, but lobs or even catching passes? I guess we will see. I am a bit torn on whether I want the Cavs to win, I don't know how much a four or five game series against Miami even means this season with all the injuries.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#3 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:43 am

This is the type of dog fight basketball that the Cavs needed experience with.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:00 am

We're rooting for you guys over here in Brooklyn
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 243

Post#5 » by cavs4872 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:56 am

This was a super difficult pill to swallow. The play-in is a problem. Gross. Trae being cocky when he didn't deserve ****... gross.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:06 am

Great game, great season, Cavs fans.

You guys are going to be a problem moving forward.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Lucky 24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,303

Post#7 » by Lucky 24 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:21 am

The play in is not the post season. Stats in the play in do NOT count towards post season stats. Until you make it to an actual series, you are not a playoff team.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#8 » by flow » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:14 pm

Great season, guys. Cavs fans have a lot to look forward to in the very near future.

That being said, I'm not a fan of LeVert on this team. He got waaaay too much run last night. I don't know if he has compromising pics of Bickerstaff or what, but it was ridiculous how much deference he was given. Okoro should have started. He started all season. The offense flows better with him on the floor, he's a better defender, and he's a spark. LeVert has more offense than Okoro, but he's inefficient, stops the ball, and makes poor decisions. He should have been coming off the bench for offense in spurts, like Love, who, by the way, did not get enough run last night. And where was Stevens? He had a nice game against the Nets, and his energy on both ends of the floor would have been helpful in the 2nd half. The players were gassed halfway through the 4th quarter.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#9 » by flow » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Lucky 24 wrote:The play in is not the post season. Stats in the play in do NOT count towards post season stats. Until you make it to an actual series, you are not a playoff team.

1. What's the point of posting this?

2. They finished 8th. Notwithstanding the installation of this covid induced gimmick, finishing 8th means you're a playoff team.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 243

Post#10 » by cavs4872 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:48 pm

flow wrote:Great season, guys. Cavs fans have a lot to look forward to in the very near future.

That being said, I'm not a fan of LeVert on this team. He got waaaay too much run last night. I don't know if he has compromising pics of Bickerstaff or what, but it was ridiculous how much deference he was given. Okoro should have started. He started all season. The offense flows better with him on the floor, he's a better defender, and he's a spark. LeVert has more offense than Okoro, but he's inefficient, stops the ball, and makes poor decisions. He should have been coming off the bench for offense in spurts, like Love, who, by the way, did not get enough run last night. And where was Stevens? He had a nice game against the Nets, and his energy on both ends of the floor would have been helpful in the 2nd half. The players were gassed halfway through the 4th quarter.

100% agree. Was super surprised LeVert started. I was kinda relieved when right out of the gate he drove and kicked it out for a Markkanen three, but this is definitely a "What if?" had Okoro started. We have enough offense in the starting lineup that they definitely should've been switched around and LeVert could just have the green light to do whatever he wants off the bench.

This Cavs team is a huge "What if?". LeVert didn't get enough of a fair shake/sample size and people want to throw him into the ocean. The most important thing about a coach is deciding who is on the floor when, by far. Haven't agreed with some of JB's decision-making in that regard, but I'm not sure I ever would've thought of playing Markkanen at the 3 which pretty much made our season magical. Still convinced Moses Brown should've gotten some burn in Brooklyn... this stuff makes a difference. I remember when Lue was so obsessed with playing Crowder at PF and he would just get dominated by players like LMA.

flow wrote:They finished 8th. Notwithstanding the installation of this covid induced gimmick, finishing 8th means you're a playoff team.

Exactly, but sadly, this isn't reality anymore and we have to get used to it. 7th seed is no longer a playoff team and can get bounced by an undeserving 10 in a small 2-game sample size. Terrible decision by the league. Should've been abolished after the bubble. The Hawks should feel bad; I feel bad for the Cavs and us fans.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:12 pm

LeVert started because the last time Isaac tried to defend Young, he picked up foul after foul. It also gave us some more length to help with the plan to switch the P&R's.

It unfortunately led JBB to wanting to use Isaac off the bench where his lack of offense is an even bigger problem, but hey ... he needed the experience more than Cedi.

Bottom line: Rondo was -18, Okoro was -14, and Love was -8.

Caris has been ok, IMO.

We just needed Garland to go crazy in the 4th rather than Trae, and we'd be moving on.

Hopefully Allen can get his finger right over the Summer, and I'm just hoping he didn't make things worse.

Because the play-in forced teams to care about seeding, we actually got multiple competitive games that mattered. I don't know if the Heat or Celtics would have blown us out, but in general I think it's beneficial for a low seed to get playoff experience against teams closer to their level than to just get blown off the court.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers