Cavs at Raptors

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,366

Cavs at Raptors 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:09 am

Not feeling JBB's rotations. Also, these officials clearly haven't decided just how physical they want this game to get.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,259

Re: Cavs at Raptors 

Post#2 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:12 am

I don't like the rotations either. JB was talking about not just the 1st unit being good but the 2nd and 3rd unit rotations too, odd mix of guys.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 870

Post#3 » by ijspeelman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:22 am

enjoying the half-court defense so far, but too many TOs leading to easy buckets
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 248

Post#4 » by cavs4872 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:52 am

I don't know if this is just a colorblind thing but I can't stand when both teams wear away colors.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:00 am

Cavs have to get Allen some touches on offense. He's starting to get pissed.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,259

Post#6 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:03 am

Sucks Garland is gonna miss the entire 2nd half, hopefully not a serious eye injury.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#7 » by ijspeelman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:15 am

Surprised it took Garland going down for Neto to get minutes
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#8 » by ijspeelman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:23 am

jbk1234 wrote:Cavs have to get Allen some touches on offense. He's starting to get pissed.

Mitchell (and others, but I've noticed him more) have missed him a few times when he has a small in the post
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:28 am

ijspeelman wrote:Surprised it took Garland going down for Neto to get minutes

Against a good team, and with all of Garland, Mitchell, and LeVert as options, I'm not.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:34 am

Bickerstaff needs to get Allen back in. We're getting killed on the boards.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#11 » by ijspeelman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:35 am

jbk1234 wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:Surprised it took Garland going down for Neto to get minutes

Against a good team, and with all of Garland, Mitchell, and LeVert as options, I'm not.

That's fair. I just assumed he'd be one of our bench players getting minutes
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#12 » by ijspeelman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:37 am

jbk1234 wrote:Bickerstaff needs to get Allen back in. We're getting killed on the boards.

Right on cue
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:41 am

Cavs need an answer to 4 lengthy defenders all in the paint before the playoffs. They've got 81 games to figure it out, but losing both Lauri and Agbaji hurt.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:52 am

Raptors gonna foul out a lot this season. Especially on the road.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#15 » by ijspeelman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:05 am

Great game. Sucks we lost Garland.

Mitchell has insane handles. He gets in the lane at will. Going to fun af to watch this season
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,913

Post#16 » by Duffman100 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:08 am

Man Jarret Allen is such a force. Good game, you probably win that with Garland.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:18 am

There are going to be some bumps in the road early on. Our schedule is brutal and Garland/Mitchell need time to gel. Cavs need to do a better job of getting the ball to Allen early on when there's an undersized guy guarding him. He has to get better at passing the ball back out when he's getting double/triple teamed.

But we're a lot better after game one this season and that's without Rubio and with Garland missing the entire half.

I'm not convinced that the Raptors approach scales over an 82 game season. Their starters, especially FVV, just play way, way too many minutes. They foul all the time, and on the road, or with the wrong crew, that's not going to fly. Teams will start chirping about it, or get physical right back at them.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#18 » by Duffman100 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:23 am

jbk1234 wrote:There are going to be some bumps in the road early on. Our schedule is brutal and Garland/Mitchell need time to gel. Cavs need to do a better job of getting the ball to Allen early on when there's an undersized guy guarding him. He has to get better at passing the ball back out when he's getting double/triple teamed.

But we're a lot better after game one this season and that's without Rubio and with Garland missing the entire half.

I'm not convinced that the Raptors approach scales over an 82 game season. Their starters, especially FVV, just play way, way too many minutes. The foul all the time, and on the road, or with the wrong crew, that's not going to fly. Teams will start chirping about it, or get physical right back at them.

You're spot on, it's not sustainable and it was proven last year. Fred was on one leg in the first round and it cost us.

Tonight was the same problem as last year, our bench was a huge negative. Yeah, we're missing Porter and Boucher...but still. There was no pop off the bench.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:27 am

Duffman100 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:There are going to be some bumps in the road early on. Our schedule is brutal and Garland/Mitchell need time to gel. Cavs need to do a better job of getting the ball to Allen early on when there's an undersized guy guarding him. He has to get better at passing the ball back out when he's getting double/triple teamed.

I'm not convinced that the Raptors approach scales over an 82 game season. Their starters, especially FVV, just play way, way too many minutes. The foul all the time, and on the road, or with the wrong crew, that's not going to fly. Teams will start chirping about it, or get physical right back at them.

You're spot on, it's not sustainable and it was proven last year. Fred was on one leg in the first round and it cost us.

Tonight was the same problem as last year, our bench was a huge negative. Yeah, we're missing Porter and Boucher...but still. There was no pop off the bench.

Tell GTJ to cut his fingernails. Garland has a laceration inside his eyelid.

We did get lucky with good Cedi tonight.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#20 » by Duffman100 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:28 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Tell GTJ to cut his fingernails. Garland has a laceration inside his eyelid.

We did get lucky with good Cedi tonight.

Jesus. INSIDE the eyelid.

It's either his coke nail or his guitar pick nail. He can't lose either.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers