ImageImageImage

Game 36 - Bobcats @ Cavaliers 7:30 FSNOHIO

Moderator: ijspeelman

gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#81 » by gflem » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:36 pm

That is a Lebron stat, not a Mike Brown stat. And I know Fratello never made the finals, but who was his best player?Tyrone Hill, Bobby Phills, Terell Brandon? good players and good guys, BUT not anywhere near Lebron's caliber.

Fratello's teams here played hard EVERY NIGHT without exception. When Fratello called a TO and drew up a play it usually was effective, and didnt end up with an Erick Snow clanked jumper, or Hughes, or another turnover as many of the plays M Brown comes up with.

This team comes out after halftime and just plain sucks on most nights. WHY? This team plays down to the level of inferior opponents on a nightly basis, losing games to the hawks and knicks. Take off the rose colored glasses and see the forest through the trees.

This team should be much better offensively. I do applaud the defense lately and the second half of last season, but a one dimensional team like this doesnt have a legit shot at winning a title and that was the point I made in my original post, which I think you missed. And for the record I am and have been a Cavs fan for a loooong time. I want them to succeed and I dont enjoy bashing the team or coach Brown. But imo the reality is that this team isnt a legit contender right now.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#82 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:38 pm

While I agree that having LeBron is a huge advantage for Brown, he's also a tremendous challenge as well. The fact that LeBron coasting tends to make the rest of the team coast is a problem that a new coach is not necessarily going to help. That stuff tends to annoy very very quickly. That is why Chicago fired their coach.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#83 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm

it just seems like the cavs are trying to fast-forward to march and april as quickly as possible. the last six or seven games or so should not have been close and the cavs turned them into dogfights by not caring for three quarters of the game

a wins a win, but i just wish the cavs would handedly beat a team they were supposed to beat and not just squeak by
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#84 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 pm

lj4mvp wrote:Tell me, what did mike brown have to work with the last two years that Phil Jackson didn't?

What has mike Brown had to work with this year that Pat Riley doesn't?

Aren't you the one who always insists that Kobe and Wade have been better than LeBron?

It is pretty much impossible for LeBron to play for 48 minutes/game for 82 games the way he plays the last 5 minutes of close games. Have you even looked at just how efficient he and the team are to close out games?

62.8 points and 8.2 assists per 48 minutes while shooting eFG% of .539 overall and .461 on jumpers, an assist to bad pass ratio of 17 to 1. The result, we outscore the opponent's by 32.8 points per 48 minutes.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07CLE10E.HTM
So in other words you won't answer my question because you can't.. You'll just proceed to echo your decimal points, numerical and pointless stats that carry little to no weight on any future progress...

Which is what I thought you would do when I asked for a specific answer from you...

You don't know basketball...You know math...
FlightNo.23
Senior
And1: 0

Post#85 » by FlightNo.23 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Average game for Larry, but for him that's great! :rolleyes:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers