Moderator: ijspeelman

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#61 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:12 am

calibanPK wrote:Impressive line so far

23pts 17rbs 7ast 4stl 3blk

Yeah, I guess so if you ignore the ridiculus number of turnovers.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#62 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:14 am

Lebron = best clutch performer in the league right now
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#63 » by calibanPK » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:16 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, I guess so if you ignore the ridiculus number of turnovers.

What are those?? :dontknow:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:18 am

I'm so glad we don't play again for a few days but this game is embarrassing. No way should we have had to go to double overtime against this team. But the Bobcats always play us tough.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#65 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:21 am

Charlotte has talent, they are just inexperienced

Just like Portland at some point, they will start clicking and become a winning team
calibanPK
Pro Prospect

Post#66 » by calibanPK » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:23 am

Argh, never like to see anyone get injured. Poor Felton
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:Charlotte has talent, they are just inexperienced

Just like Portland at some point, they will start clicking and become a winning team

I was way more impressed with Portland last year than I am with this Charlotte team. Of course I am kinda biased in that I'm not at all impressed by Okafor or Wallace. Portland is downright scary and they don't even have their first rounder (who I think will be a beast) playing this year.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:26 am

calibanPK wrote:Argh, never like to see anyone get injured. Poor Felton

What happened to Felton?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:29 am

I am impressed that Hughes while still shooting under 50% (as was preordained at the beginning of time) didn't end up having a terrible shooting game (mainly because he stopped shooting). I consider that a breakthrough.
calibanPK
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by calibanPK » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What happened to Felton?

Went up to block on a fast break and came down hard and awkward on his ankle. Couldn't even put weight on it had to be shouldered off hopping on one foot. Probably high ankle sprain, pretty long to recover from that
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#71 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:33 am

Z seems to play very little in any of these 4th quarters..

A hurt AV played the 4th and both OT's ??

Something is strange..
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:39 am

Varejao always closes out game for the Cavs. He tends to make things happen (and most of them are good things). As I've said before, the only guarantees closing out games tend to be Gibson, LeBron and Varejao. Other than that it depends on who's played best in that game. For some reason it was Jones and Devin today. We almost never see those 2 on the floor to close out the game.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#73 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:43 am

So, Outty, AV or Drew ?? :lol:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:49 am

Right now it AV by a ton. If Gooden was still playing the way he started the season I'd say Gooden had the edge. Varejao is more consistent in that he's going to give max effort all the time. I still think he makes a ton of errors but they are mainly because he's trying to make a play rather than just blowing an assignment. Gooden pisses me off because he seems afraid to try to go up strong. Dude needs to get on a bulking up plan.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#75 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:48 am

Whoa we managed 7 pages for a game thread??? AND I missed it? How did that happen?

Hell of a game I guess.... These are the kinds of games we dont win last year or the year before without our playoff experience. That alone makes me happy about tonight.

Oh and AV is a stud. Playing when he was expected to be out a week is ballsy, let alone when he goes out and plays as well as he did.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#76 » by INKtastic » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:02 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:I'm so glad we don't play again for a few days but this game is embarrassing. No way should we have had to go to double overtime against this team. But the Bobcats always play us tough.

Charlotte did just beat New Jersey and Boston on a back to back.

One thing I noticed at the game that probably wasn't on tv - in the first quarter when richardson was 6-7 and had 15 points and the score was 17-15. Mike Brown wanted to call a time out to make adjustments to slow him down - LeBron tried to waive it off with a look that said he was going to take care of fixing it. Mike Brown still called the time out, but whatever adjustments they made worked - Richardson went 1-19 the rest of the night.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#77 » by gflem » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:13 am

L&H_05 wrote:I dunked on my post man like that earlier today...

you better watch out, he might not bring your mail anymore.

seriously, this team is being held back by coach brown. His clock management and absolute refusal to acknowledge the advantage of going two for one at the end of quarters instead of Lebron dribbling for 16 seconds then forcing a shot and ensuring that the other team gets the last shot borders on retardation.

I just cant fathom an NBA coach earning the salary that they do not being capable of discerning the obvious odds of winning when given 2 posessions to one. AND we have Lebron James for gods sake. Why would anyone give the defense MORE time to prepare for the inevitable Lebron drive? You know, I really didnt appreciate Fratello's style of play, but he did much more with much less than our current coach.

I havent seen the cavs run a good inbounds play since fratello left. His teams always played tough, and overachieved. This team coasts for long stretches and plays below their level more often than not. And if the strategy of not guarding Felton on the inbounds and letting him run uncontested to the three point line was Brown's idea he should be let go right now. I mean he made the three with .3 seconds left. if someone had just faked like they were trying to guard him near halfcourt he wouldnt have had time to get the shot off. What about a foul after he crossed halfcourt?

well, at least we won, but the end of the game and first overtime are shining examples of why this team doesnt excite many of us in terms of having a legit shot of winning a championship any time soon IMO.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by INKtastic » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:04 am

How did Fratello do more with less? He did less with less. Mike Brown did get this team to the NBA finals last year. And earlier this year when we put the emphasis on offense, our defense fell apart. The emphasis changed the day Mike Brown changed the starting lineup.

They put a stat up tonight at the Q - since Christmas day, the cavs are allowing the fewest ppg and defending the 3 point shot the best in the league. This is a major change from where we were defensively before Christmas day.

The message is clear, play defense or sit down. Now even Damon Jones is working hard on defense.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#79 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:21 am

What is it about Mike Brown that you like ??

Cause you're never around during a loss, but always look to pick at someone who is concerned even when the team wins..

I want a couple specific answers at what you saw from Mike Brown last night regarding plays ran that leads you to believe this man is a competent coach..

Don't give me this defensive crap either, and he got us to the Finals ...

Put Mike Brown on the Clippers or Grizzlies bench right now, and see how well his coaching would do...

Look at his coaching when LBJ was out this year..

LeBron took us to the finals... It wasn't Larry Hughes and his presence, and it was not Mike Brown..

Put any real competent coach on our bench, that could recognize mismatches and how to use LeBron and Z properly, and we're much better off for it..

A coach that isn't worrying about kissing LeBron's ass, and would make him work in the post, bark at his ass when he stands around along with the others and watches Z's clank bricks as opposed to cutting to the basket, express the importance of ball and player movement, have plays with smart floor spacing, make sure OUR STAR plays hard and aggressive for 4 quarters of basketball as opposed to just busting his ass in the 4th..

This junk where LBJ is sitting at halftime with 9-11 points on 6 or 7 shots is just flat out stupid...

This Mike Brown finals team just lost to the Hawks, and had to go double OT to beat the Bobcats..

Mike Brown is a poor head coach... A solid defensive assistant ?? Okay, fine I can live that... But the Head man ??? No, he's a moron..

Could it be covered with a bunch of talent (a la Doc Rivers ???) Yeah probably.. But since we don't have such a luxury, his lack of experience and knowledge on the offensive end is exposed big time..
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by INKtastic » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Tell me, what did mike brown have to work with the last two years that Phil Jackson didn't?

What has mike Brown had to work with this year that Pat Riley doesn't?

Aren't you the one who always insists that Kobe and Wade have been better than LeBron?

It is pretty much impossible for LeBron to play for 48 minutes/game for 82 games the way he plays the last 5 minutes of close games. Have you even looked at just how efficient he and the team are to close out games?

62.8 points and 8.2 assists per 48 minutes while shooting eFG% of .539 overall and .461 on jumpers, an assist to bad pass ratio of 17 to 1. The result, we outscore the opponent's by 32.8 points per 48 minutes.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07CLE10E.HTM

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers