ImageImageImage

Game 41 - Wizards @ Cavaliers 7:00 FSNOHIO

Moderator: ijspeelman

CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 401

Post#21 » by CzBoobie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:35 am

lol, this is gonna be pretty funny game thread...
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by yungal07 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:52 am

[quote="B Mac"][/quote]

No you'd better check your history pal. The Cavs beat the Wiz the past two season, not 3. I'm not talking about the freakin 70's either chump, and even if i were, you probably forgot the Bullets beat the Cavs the next season.

Oh btw did you enjoy the game where the Wiz beat yall to keep the Cavs out of the playoffs? That one had to sting almost as badly as MJ's buzzer beater over Ehlo. :laugh:
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#23 » by Gordon Bombay » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 am

here is the playoff history both teams
Cleveland Cavaliers

2007 -- defeated Washington, 4-0, first round
defeated New Jersey, 4-2, conference semifinals
defeated Detroit, 4-2, conference finals
lost to San Antonio, 4-0, NBA Finals

2006 -- defeated Washington, 4-2, first round
lost to Detroit, 4-3, second round

1998 -- lost to Indiana, 3-1, first round

1996 -- lost to New York, 3-0, first round

1995 -- lost to New York, 3-1, first round

1994 -- lost to Chicago, 3-0, first round

1993 -- defeated New Jersey, 3-2, first round
lost to Chicago, 4-0, conference semifinals

1992 -- defeated New Jersey, 3-1, first round
defeated Boston, 4-3, conference semifinals
lost to Chicago, 4-2, conference finals

1990 -- lost to Philadelphia, 3-2, first round

1989 -- lost to Chicago, 3-2, first round

1988 -- lost to Chicago, 3-2, first round

1985 -- lost to Boston, 3-1, first round

1978 -- lost to New York, 2-0, first round

1977 -- lost to Washington, 2-1, first round

1976 -- defeated Washington, 4-3, conference semifinals
lost to Boston, 4-2, conference finals

Washington Wizards

2007 -- lost to Cleveland, 4-0, first round

2006 -- lost to Cleveland, 4-2, first round

2005 -- defeated Chicago, 4-2, first round
lost to Miami, 4-0, conference semifinals

1997 -- lost to Chicago, 3-0, first round

1988 -- lost to Detroit, 3-2, first round

1987 -- lost to Detroit, 3-0, first round

1986 -- lost to Philadelphia, 3-2, first round

1985 -- lost to Philadelphia, 3-1, first round

1984 -- lost to Boston, 3-1, first round

1982 -- defeated New Jersey, 2-0, first round
lost to Boston, 4-1, conference semifinals

1980 -- lost to Philadelphia, 2-0, first round

1979 -- defeated Atlanta, 4-3, conference semifinals
defeated San Antonio, 4-3, conference finals
lost to Seattle, 4-1, NBA Finals

1978 -- defeated Atlanta, 2-0, first round
defeated San Antonio, 4-2, conference semifinals
defeated Philadelphia, 4-2, conference finals
defeated Seattle, 4-3, NBA Finals
WON NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

1977 -- defeated Cleveland, 2-1, first round
lost to Houston, 4-2, conference semifinals

1976 -- lost to Cleveland, 4-3, conference semifinals

1975 -- defeated Buffalo, 4-3, conference semifinals
defeated Boston, 4-2, conference finals
lost to Golden State, 4-0, NBA Finals

(AS CAPITAL BULLETS)

1974 -- lost to New York, 4-3, conference semifinals

(AS BALTIMORE BULLETS)

1973 -- lost to New York, 4-1, conference semifinals

1972 -- lost to New York, 4-2, conference semifinals

1971 -- defeated Philadelphia, 4-3, conference semifinals
defeated New York, 4-3, conference finals
lost to Milwaukee, 4-0, NBA Finals

1970 -- lost to New York, 4-3, division semifinals

1969 -- lost to New York, 4-0, division semifinals

1966 -- lost to St. Louis, 3-0, division semifinals

1965 -- defeated St. Louis, 3-1, division semifinals
lost to LA Lakers, 4-2, division finals

so the cavs record against the wiz in the playoffs is 3-1 and are currently on a two series winning streak.

the wiz have also been one and done in eight of their last nine playoffs
yungal07
Banned User

Post#24 » by yungal07 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:41 am

1978 -- defeated Atlanta, 2-0, first round
defeated San Antonio, 4-2, conference semifinals
defeated Philadelphia, 4-2, conference finals
defeated Seattle, 4-3, NBA Finals
WON NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

Take this over anything the Cavs have won... :D
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#25 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:30 am

yungal07 wrote:Actually the Wiz have lost to the Cavs twice in the playoffs, you non counting gumps. The first time you needed the refs to win because everyone knows King LeTravel can't win a playoff game without the help of the refs. Last season, our big 2 was hurt.

We already owned the Cavs like the excellent basketball team they are once this year already. Time to do it again. :nod:

You have to love it when people come over and try to correct you without knowing what they are talking about. That's 3 and counting there buddy.

The whole LeTravel thing is almost an automatic warning, but I'll give you a pass because you've already looked silly enough with this post. What's even worse is the constant whining about the playoff loss. Let it go, there were bad calls both ways that not only helped us win the one game but also kept you in a couple of the games.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
the edge
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#26 » by the edge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:39 pm

The funny thing about this kid, guy, gal? is all this stuff he is ranting on is in the past.
I was always complaining about Jordan and the calls and the Cavs being the better team back in the day, but just like now, how the Cavaliers have owned Wash., the Bulls owned the Cavaliers and everyone else.

So I guess he is saying that the Wiz were the better team sometime in the past, who cares! I always remind football fans that the Browns dominated the 1950's.
The Cavs have taken all the games that have counted over the last 2-3 years, and the future don't look so great on your end either Wiz fan.
JCav06
Junior
And1: 0

Post#27 » by JCav06 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:07 pm

It's very strange hearing how the Cavs have owned the Wiz in the past couple of years. There was the 2006 series where nearly every game went to the wire, and last years' sweep with our two best players on the bench. How much pride can you take in "owning" a team w/o their all stars? It's like being proud that you beat up a person in a wheelchair. If "ownage" is narrowly beating a team in a 6 game series, congrats. The Cavs own the Wizards.

Looking forward to a good game.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Gordon Bombay » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:26 pm

JCav06 wrote:It's very strange hearing how the Cavs have owned the Wiz in the past couple of years. There was the 2006 series where nearly every game went to the wire, and last years' sweep with our two best players on the bench. How much pride can you take in "owning" a team w/o their all stars? It's like being proud that you beat up a person in a wheelchair. If "ownage" is narrowly beating a team in a 6 game series, congrats. The Cavs own the Wizards.

Looking forward to a good game.

ehh, it must have sucked to see your team lose three games by a point...especially since they fell apart in each one of those games

and you have a player whose nickname is "tough juice"...that immediately takes any win (even by the slighest of margins) over you guys into ownage level just because thats the dumbest nickname in all of sports
FlightNo.23
Senior

Post#29 » by FlightNo.23 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Cavs win and we're the #4 seed in the East :nod:
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Gordon Bombay » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:44 pm

wow you know we hate wizards fans when we already have a three page game thread 7 hours before the game has even begun
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#31 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 pm

L&H_05 wrote:
And just so we know.... Donkeys still suck...

Mules are where it's at...

Keep telling yourself that :kissmybutt:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#32 » by B Mac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks for posting the stats fellas. Like Ive been saying all along, the Cavs have beaten the Wizards 3 times in the playoffs. Enough said there.

Also, at what point can Wizard fans admit that we were the better team? It was 4-2. It didnt even come down to a seventh game for crying out loud. I love how its still completely ignored how many calls the Wiz got in their favor, but yet it is perfectly acceptable to blame the refs for the Cavs winning.

Whatever, thats in the past. I am truly sorry I brought it up, I didnt know it was still such a touchy subject.

Im a big fan of that smiley you have there Donk. Good to see you are still an innovator.
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#33 » by Bamboozled » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:26 pm

I wouldn't sleep on the Wizards, as they're really well coached. I noticed that in both playoff series against the Cavs, the Wizards run a pretty efficient offense, especially compared to the baby steps that the Cavs are taking with the development of their offense. The Wiz are also defending now, which appeared to be their downfall (injuries aside) in years past.

Cleveland and Washington fans can argue all they want about some of the late game baskets that LeBron made on them in the 2006 playoffs, but the fact of the matter is they couldn't keep LeBron out of the paint. I've seen the guy take a ton of late game shots, but that 2006 Washington defense gave him more high percentage late-game shots than I've ever seen.

So I guess my main point is that Wizards fans can't legitimately complain about Lebron's late game shots if they're paving a road straight to the basket every time.
Go Cavs!
yungal07
Banned User

Post#34 » by yungal07 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:55 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You have to love it when people come over and try to correct you without knowing what they are talking about. That's 3 and counting there buddy.

The whole LeTravel thing is almost an automatic warning, but I'll give you a pass because you've already looked silly enough with this post. What's even worse is the constant whining about the playoff loss. Let it go, there were bad calls both ways that not only helped us win the one game but also kept you in a couple of the games.

Relax mod. Just reviving some new year trash talking. That's what's being a fan is about. :D
GilArenas88
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by GilArenas88 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Okay, okay you beat us the last two times in the playoffs. Last year you played us without both of our All-Stars and we still hung around, granted you won, but common the Bobcats probably would have defeated us in that series. Two years ago we were both at full strength and it was a great series, you guys won. Im not going to even gripe about how bad the refs were in that series, because it a mute point. Oh but I would love face you guys in the first round this year when Arenas returns, LOVE TOO, I hope it turns out that way, we'll see whos talking after that matchup.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#36 » by Cevap » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:37 pm

GilArenas88 wrote:Okay, okay you beat us the last two times in the playoffs. Last year you played us without both of our All-Stars and we still hung around, granted you won, but common the Bobcats probably would have defeated us in that series. Two years ago we were both at full strength and it was a great series, you guys won. Im not going to even gripe about how bad the refs were in that series, because it a mute point. Oh but I would love face you guys in the first round this year when Arenas returns, LOVE TOO, I hope it turns out that way, we'll see whos talking after that matchup.

i'm pretty sure y'all would still be talkin' even if we beat you again
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by B Mac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 pm

Cevap my man you are killing it on the General Board. I find myself either laughing or agreeing with almost all of your posts on there. Hilarious.... and once again I completely agree that it wouldnt matter how many times we beat them in the playoffs when it matters there would still be excuses.
gizzardsfan
Junior

Post#38 » by gizzardsfan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 pm

B Mac wrote:Thanks for posting the stats fellas. Like Ive been saying all along, the Cavs have beaten the Wizards 3 times in the playoffs. Enough said there.

Also, at what point can Wizard fans admit that we were the better team? It was 4-2. It didnt even come down to a seventh game for crying out loud. I love how its still completely ignored how many calls the Wiz got in their favor, but yet it is perfectly acceptable to blame the refs for the Cavs winning.

Yes, yes. I do understand calls went both ways in the series. However, decisions like whether a player was fouled or not are, really, subjective decisions that anyone, on either side, can dispute.

What is there to say in defense of this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lhbM6uuCt74

On a game-deciding shot, no less. It is probably true that a) the Cavs have been the superior team of late, but also that b) the Wizards fans have reason (see above) to feel somewhat bitter about the playoff losses (losing to a rival team in the playoffs because two All-Star starters are injured is relevant here, as well).

But, um, good luck to both sides tonight :lol:
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#39 » by L&H_05 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Since there is no O-FACE on the Wiz anymore, LBJ just runs freely...

^^^His flopping at mid court was the only chance the Wiz had at stopping LBJ...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by B Mac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm

My favorite Wizards playoff highlight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NO58NRNxQ4Y

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers