ImageImageImage

Do we really have a shot at Mike Miller??

Moderator: ijspeelman

LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Tue Feb 5, 2008 2:00 am

B Mac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Im not doubting you, but I havent seen that listed anywhere? Where did you find that?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=601~2172~558&teams=29~29~5&te=&cash=

His salary is more than double of last year's IIRC, so that makes him BYC.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#22 » by B Mac » Tue Feb 5, 2008 2:09 am

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=601~2172~558&teams=29~29~5&te=&cash=

His salary is more than double of last year's IIRC, so that makes him BYC.

Makes sense. Just is strange that neither Hoopshype or RealGM tradechecker had him listed as BYC.
jnester71
Sophomore

Post#23 » by jnester71 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:40 am

Has anyone EVER seen anything go down that was similar to what Heathmalc proposes?

just curious

either he's on crack or I am and I wanted to know so one of us could seek help
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,959

Post#24 » by INKtastic » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:19 am

jnester71 wrote:Has anyone EVER seen anything go down that was similar to what Heathmalc proposes?

just curious

either he's on crack or I am and I wanted to know so one of us could seek help

That post by Heathmalc may be the best trade proposal I've seen for the cavs. I'd pull the trigger on that and there are some very good reasons for Memphis to do it as well.

That trade would do for us what the Gasol trade will do for the Lakers. And unlike the PG trades people keep coming up with, this trade would upgrade our front court, not diminish it, while also significantly upgrading our backcourt.

Put me on the Miller bandwagon.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Sardonic
Rookie

Post#25 » by Sardonic » Tue Feb 5, 2008 10:12 am

heathmalc wrote:Sasha+Ira+Shannon doesn't work for miller ($14,000 too much for Cavs)

Try something like this:

Trade#1: Cedric Simmons, Sasha,Ira, 2008 1st rounder, $3million cash for Miller. (MUST do both trades for Cavs to agree to deal)

Trade#2(contingent on Memphis doing trade #1) : Donyell Marshall, Eric Snow, 2009 2nd round pick, $3Million Cash for Darko and Cardinal.

Why Memphis does this: Getting rid of Darko,Miller and Cardinal moves all their long-term contracts that are high$. They get back Sasha, who they covet, plus a first and second rounder.

Some may think that Memphis taking Snow and Donyell is a dream...but it is helping Memphis, not the Cavs.

The Cavs send 6-Million in cash over the two trades, paying for Snow's final year. Donyell makes less than Cardinal and his contract is shorter....PLUS they receive a second round pick.

The Cavaliers do this to get room on the bench and to get Miller + a 3rd big. Darko is a disappointment, but he will be able to play 15-20 minutes rotating with Z and sometimes at PF. Cardinal will take Snow's place rotting on the bench....unless he gets healthy again.

Finally, the Cavs are willing to take on the contract of Darko because Big-Z and him are both from Lithuania and are friends....and management believes that Darko will improve under Z.

The draft picks mean nothing. Every year teams sell their picks to the highest bidder. Look for the Cavs to be part of that game as well.

So to answer the thread's original question: Yes, the Cavaliers have a VERY good shot at Miller. VERY GOOD!!!

(Extra bonus: LeBron and Miller are friends since playing for the USA last summer....probably have some timing,etc already worked-out too.)

Darko is not Lithuanian and Z is not a teacher. He went as far as saying as much when asked if he planned on working with Andriuskevicius who is from his own hometown. So I doubt he would be willing to work with a kid who is from Yugoslavia. As far as I know those two have very little history together.

Other then that its a good trade idea.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#26 » by heathmalc » Tue Feb 5, 2008 1:28 pm

Sardonic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Darko is not Lithuanian and Z is not a teacher. He went as far as saying as much when asked if he planned on working with Andriuskevicius who is from his own hometown. So I doubt he would be willing to work with a kid who is from Yugoslavia. As far as I know those two have very little history together.

Other then that its a good trade idea.

My bad... On the Yugoslav part. Hopwever, Z and Darko were occasional friends while Darko was in Detroit. They went out to eat a lot.

Cleveland also tried to lure Darko for the mid-level this past summer....

...It definitely wont surprise me to see Darko and Miller come to Cleveland.
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#27 » by Bamboozled » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:16 pm

I think Darko would be a pretty good frontline guy to add to the team. The Cavs don't really have a shotblocker, and Darko would at least be able to offer that. Cardinal's no good, but he might actually be better than Marshall in some situations....
Go Cavs!
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#28 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:28 pm

I don't think you can do 3m plus 3m in separate trades with the same team. That will surely red-flag at league HQ.
shakeandbake
Junior

Post#29 » by shakeandbake » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:57 pm

Being a Memphis fan, any deal involving Miller would have to bring back expirings and a draft pick. Any deals involving JCN and Lowry would also require a 1st round pick. It is obvious, we want to rebuild around Rudy Gay and Mike Conley and our main resource is the upcoming draft. Our GM has already said that we will not use our newly acquired cap space until the 2009-2010 season at the earliest. So 2008 draft...here we come!
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#30 » by heathmalc » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:30 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:I don't think you can do 3m plus 3m in separate trades with the same team. That will surely red-flag at league HQ.

Yup, they can....been done a bunch of times.
bgassassin
Starter

Post#31 » by bgassassin » Tue Feb 5, 2008 11:11 pm

I think it's safe to say Darko isn't going anywhere in a trade.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by B Mac » Tue Feb 5, 2008 11:27 pm

eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by eyejayem » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:08 am

According to some on the Memphis he could possibly be had for cheap, something like Pavs,Newble, and Simmons/Brown. But I am wondering if no moves have been made because Cavs are trying to see what else they can get from Memphis or Memphis from Cavs.

I think it is worth a shot to see if we can get Warrick or Lowry who may well have met his day with Conley and Navarro(who is untradable) showing up. But I'd rather Warrick who seemed to be in the doghouse the last year after the good year he put up with Gasol injured.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#34 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:10 am

eyejayem wrote:According to some on the Memphis he could possibly be had for cheap, something like Pavs,Newble, and Simmons/Brown. But I am wondering if no moves have been made because Cavs are trying to see what else they can get from Memphis or Memphis from Cavs.

I think it is worth a shot to see if we can get Warrick or Lowry who may well have met his day with Conley and Navarro(who is untradable) showing up. But I'd rather Warrick who seemed to be in the doghouse the last year after the good year he put up with Gasol injured.

Screw that if Memphis has him on the table for for some scrub players (yes Pav is a scrub relative to Mike Miller) then Ferry needs to take it immediately.

Get it done Ferry! :pray: :banghead:
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#35 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:14 pm

A few points from a Grizz fan's perspective:

*I believe that Miller for Pavs, Newble and Simmons would be an offer that the Grizz would have to consider.

*I don't see the Grizz taking back Gooden, Snow, or Hughes in an expanded deal.

*Warrick, Navarro and/or Lowry could be had, but they are by no means "throw ins" or part of the purge.

*Darko was a signing of the new idiot -err- GM, so I certainly do see him being moved.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by B Mac » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks for the input GGF. I honestly havent found one Cavs fan who wouldnt want Miller in here.

Its been pretty interesting to see because Bibby, Kidd, and A. Miller all had plenty of people against getting each of them to go along with those for them. With M. Miller, we are all for him.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#37 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:31 pm

Most Grizz fans don't want to see Mike move. He's essentially the face of the franchise now. Sure, there are holes in his game, but he can light it up and generally brings it every night. If he is moved I hope it's to the East and a contender - Cleveland would be an awesome fit for him.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#38 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:40 pm

B Mac wrote:Thanks for the input GGF. I honestly havent found one Cavs fan who wouldnt want Miller in here.

Its been pretty interesting to see because Bibby, Kidd, and A. Miller all had plenty of people against getting each of them to go along with those for them. With M. Miller, we are all for him.

Yeah, I'm a big time fan of Miller and his game. He would be a tremendous fit for the Cavs especially if Memphis is having a fire sale.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#39 » by kiwibrindle » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:43 pm

Anyone think Newble and Brown's expiring moneys as enough for him?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by B Mac » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:47 pm

Would probably have to give up at least Sasha as well. Memphis would also probably want a draft pick, but maybe we could trade our 1st and get back their second in the deal, since it would be basically dropping about 10 or so slots down.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers