Delonte West... Can we get him?

Moderator: ijspeelman

IGO2XS
Ballboy
And1: 0

Delonte West... Can we get him? 

Post#1 » by IGO2XS » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:33 pm

Anyone interested in Delonte West??

Maybe pick him up on the cheap? I think he would be great playing next to Lebron. Thoughts??

From the Sonics site:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s...nce30.html

[quote]Delonte West isn't planting roots in Seattle, perhaps believing that his tenure as a Sonic could end any day. He said his apartment is practically bare and he still hasn't gotten used to his new surroundings.

"All of my stuff in my apartment in Seattle is still packed up," he said. "I haven't even unpacked my stuff. I still got a month-to-month efficiency here. It's still in bags."

West, who hadn't played in four games before Tuesday's 88-85 victory against San Antonio, hasn't complained about his diminished role and he hasn't asked for a trade. Still he's unsure about his future with the Sonics.

"I haven't necessarily been welcomed with open arms," he said. "I thought they would tell me to go to the D-League with [Mickael] Gelabale. I'm not even getting in the rotation in practice." [/quote]
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Re: Delonte West... Can we get him? 

Post#2 » by heathmalc » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:45 pm

IGO2XS wrote:Anyone interested in Delonte West??

Maybe pick him up on the cheap? I think he would be great playing next to Lebron. Thoughts??

From the Sonics site:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s...nce30.html

Delonte West isn't planting roots in Seattle, perhaps believing that his tenure as a Sonic could end any day. He said his apartment is practically bare and he still hasn't gotten used to his new surroundings.

"All of my stuff in my apartment in Seattle is still packed up," he said. "I haven't even unpacked my stuff. I still got a month-to-month efficiency here. It's still in bags."

West, who hadn't played in four games before Tuesday's 88-85 victory against San Antonio, hasn't complained about his diminished role and he hasn't asked for a trade. Still he's unsure about his future with the Sonics.

"I haven't necessarily been welcomed with open arms," he said. "I thought they would tell me to go to the D-League with [Mickael] Gelabale. I'm not even getting in the rotation in practice."

Seattle like West...but they want him to conform...thus his bench-time. Remember Sasha last year? Same scenario. We wont get Delonte cheap -

BUT, if we could...I would love it.

I still prefer J-Jack or Andre Miller to anyone else.
eyejayem
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by eyejayem » Tue Feb 5, 2008 11:56 pm

I have been saying Delonte's name for awhile now. I think he has been a perfect fit since he was on Boston. He can handle the ball like a point who is a secondary ballhandler(a lot like he did when he was in the backcourt with Jameer Nelson in college and almost went undefeated), but he is not a PG. He makes good decisions with the ball and plays above average D on both guard positions(think about when Boobie is in the game and West can guard 2s but handle the ball on offense). He can play off ball and showed the ability to shoot at a high percentage from the 3 and inside the arc.

Oh and he can be had for cheap but Seattle didnt want it to seem that way but since they are having trouble moving Ridnour or Watson and their chances of taking a guard depending where they end up in the lottery are high. They dont want to lose him for nothing in free agency or make the same mistake they did with Watson.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers