ImageImageImage

Nuggets @ Cavs

Moderator: ijspeelman

L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#21 » by L&H_05 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 am

We're not beating Orlando nor SAS with this roster, so you might as well sacrifice these games for health purposes going into the break..

Hell, give LBJ 2 games off as well...
LiquidFire
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by LiquidFire » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:37 am

our lineup for orlando could be...

c: dwayne jones / noone
pf: donyell / ced simmons
sf: lebron / noone
sg: hughes / deving brown
pg: snow / shannon brown
jnester71
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by jnester71 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:48 am

so if the general consensus is that we are a very bad team other than LBJ and Z...
does it really make sense to give up a starter or a pick to acquire just one more player.. one who hurts us bad financially on top of that?

i don't want to hear about having expirings even after acquiring another $10-14 million dollar player.. playing in Cleveland pretty much gaurantees they aren't going to spend $80-90 million on the roster

in the shape we're in right now one guy isn't going to put us over the top.. shouldn't we just wait until next season and acquire several useful players? players who can contribute in the $5-8 range.. we need more than 1.. truthfully we need more than 2

trading now pretty much limits the choices to the expensive players on the few teams with no chance of even making the playoffs

in the offseason every team will be looking to improve and pretty much all team's players are available..
even if they just won the championship

not to mention, the longer we wait next season the more and more valuable our players get.. as their contracts expire at the end of next season..

one or two solid moves in the off season.. one or two more during the season or even after next season we can compete for 10 years in East

Boston and Detroit aren't built for the long haul..
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#24 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:54 am

I think that's my view. The only thing people want from us is 1st expirings and Gooden/Varejao. We can't afford that for a player of the stature that we'd be getting back and it hurts us for next year when we should actually be in a position to do some trading. The Cavs have just got to be patient.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#25 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:01 am

jn, thats my thinking as well. dont trade just to trade, trade to better the team

unless the grizz suddenly try to actively trade mike miller for expirings, i dont want too many drastic changes until the offseason
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:08 am

Bombay, you might need to keep that view to yourself. People don't seem to agree with my hold on til offseason view. To be honest, I would have preferred that this team actually be worse than it is. We need an influx of talent in the worst way, but LeBron is just too good to let that happen.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#27 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:20 am

well the reason i dont want to trade now would be because the only thing teams want are gibson, multiple first rounders, ira and gooden

while i hate gooden, he still has value to the team as someone who can rebound and get points on that little baby hook. i like the pf combo of av and drew and i dont just want to trade that away right now

gibson is obviously the best chance we have to spread the floor and open up lanes for lebron. plus he is young...i dont want to trade him period

and i dont want to part with two firsts because the team is kind of long in the tooth in some areas and i would like to see them get younger, no matter how late in the first round we select

in the offseason, we can pawn off the expirings of snow, marshall, dj and gooden for something off substance not just trade for whatever crap is out there and have to give up one of the aforementioned parties
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#28 » by B Mac » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 am

Here's to Drew Gooden coming back tomorrow night.... to face Dwight Howard. :o

I might skip the next couple of games. Injuries suck.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:49 am

Damon18Fan wrote:But theOUTLAW said that the Cavs are soooooooooooo good against any Western Conference team!!!!!!

Then when you make that post saying that the Cavs are not, theOUTLAW gets all sensitive and then locks your thread, etc, etc, etc.

I am watching this game to see theOUTLAW's points coming into play, I'm waiting for that OH SO AWESOMENESS over the Western Conference!

Hold on there Mr Man. If you are going to call me out it'd be more effective if you actually found the comment where I said that "The Cavs are so good against any Western Conference team". I know that is at best a exageration of something I might have said. It is however fact that the Cavs are better against the Western Conference than they are against he Eastern Conference and that can be proven just by looking at the record against both conferences.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#30 » by B Mac » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:12 am

Its just funny to me that this guy comes in here when we are missing HALF OUR FREAKING TEAM and tries to kick us while we're down. Im sure he's just trying to get his licks in now because he knows we will be a force when games actually matter again. That to me is the ultimate sign of respect. So thank you sir Troll, your post was flattering!!! :)
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:36 am

To be honest, I make enough ridiculus comments that it should be very easy to find one that'd fit this situation. To just make one up offends me however. At least give it a shot at being a legit post.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#32 » by INKtastic » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:so we could have the possibility of having 6 guys hurt for the magic game?

just incredible at this point

6? I'm hearing 7 (not counting LeBron and Larry playing injured).

Sasha/Andy/Drew/Gibson heading into the Denver game

Z (back spasms)/Ira (foot)/Damon (ankle) added to the list
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers