ImageImageImage

Lowry

Moderator: ijspeelman

jnester71
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#21 » by jnester71 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:16 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:That's enough of the namecalling etc between the two of you. If you can't post in a civil manner don't post here. That is the only warning I am going to give you without some type of penalty. If you must argue do in in PM but not on this board.

did i call a name anywhere??

i said his POSTS were stupid and unrealistic

and I was correct in saying so
RevMan26
Pro Prospect

Post#22 » by RevMan26 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:08 pm

jnester71 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

did i call a name anywhere??

i said his POSTS were stupid and unrealistic

and I was correct in saying so

Your posts are so annoying. If you have a problem with him or his posts, then send him a private message. Don't ruin the topic of the thread just so you can have a piss match with a guy you obviously dislike. It saves all of us who doesn't want to see this unfolding drama. Thanks and have a good day. :D
shakeandbake
Junior

Post#23 » by shakeandbake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Just a couple of quick notes from a Grizz fan. One, Pau was traded for expirings and draft picks because he was becoming a disruption in the locker room and he was our largest salary. The Grizz finally came to the realization that Pau was not going to lead us anywhere except to maybe a 1st round loss. The expirings help b/c being a small market, we will be better off trying to get lucky in the draft a maybe convince a young up and coming FA to join the Grizz. Two, yes Lowry is being shopped, but that doesn't mean he has to be dealt. Our GM has already stated that Critt is better suited for SG in which case, Lowry and Conley can continue to be our 2-headed PG (and by the way, Lowry is definitely worth a late 1st rounder). And third, now that cap space has been cleared with the Pau trade, the owner and the GM, as they have said, will want either young players or draft picks for Miller. Nothing against the Cavs, but I think Miller will end up elsewhere for a young player (like Cook in Miami) or for draft pick(s) (like New Jersey).
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#24 » by heathmalc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:16 pm

According to ESPN.COM the Cavaliers and Grizz are negotiating an 8-player blockbuster trade.

The Cavaliers get: Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Brian Cardinal

Memphis gets: 2008 1st round pick, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown, Cedric Simmons and Dwayne Jones.
We the People...
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Bamboozled » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 pm

One thing that is being overlooked is that PGs take longer than any other position to develop. Assuming that Kyle Lowry is actually as talented as we all think he is (Good defender/work ethic/penetrator), then the year and a half of NBA coaching should put him farther along the developmental curve than if we kept our first rounder and took a Kyle Lowry-style PG in the 2008 draft.

Maybe all it would take is a draft pick, some cash, and 1 expiring contract. That would make Memphis better off than keeping Lowry and stunting his growth (no pun intended).
Go Cavs!
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#26 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:38 pm

That'll never go through, it's too much of a steal by us.

There is little bad that can come out of us making that trade, and a crapload of good that can occur.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers