Jason Kidd coming to the Cavaliers???

Moderator: ijspeelman

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#41 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:27 am

I read where you said manlove, but I didn't expect this

''No. Because that means if I were traded I would have to leave LeBron,'' Gibson said. ''I don't ever want to do that. Wherever he is, that's where I want to be.

The only reason that Gibson isn't spoken of even more highly is that he won't shoot the ball. To be honest he reminds me a bit of Boozer in that people didn't respect his game while Cavs fans knew that he could get it done. Unfortunately I think LeBron might actually make Gibson more reticent to take shots. He's quick as just about any guard in the league and he's got a better jump shot than most as well. He could be unguardable if he decided to be more agressive offensively (and he worked on his handle).
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#42 » by Gordon Bombay » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 am

is there some sort of idiot clause that everyone outside of the cavs board signs before they post on here?
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:02 pm

lol @ this thread
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#44 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Kidd is already in Dallas now.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 401

Post#45 » by CzBoobie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Texas Longhorns wrote:Kidd is already in Dallas now.

Thanks for the news.
jnester71
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#46 » by jnester71 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:08 am

[/quote]
The only reason that Gibson isn't spoken of even more highly is that he won't shoot the ball. To be honest he reminds me a bit of Boozer in that people didn't respect his game while Cavs fans knew that he could get it done. Unfortunately I think LeBron might actually make Gibson more reticent to take shots. He's quick as just about any guard in the league and he's got a better jump shot than most as well. He could be unguardable if he decided to be more agressive offensively (and he worked on his handle).[/quote]

Unguardable? I don't know about that one..
but he's shown he can shoot the ball REALLY well.

IMO he could improve on his handle, driving to the hoop and his defense but MOST IMPORTANTLY he hasn't shown me the ability to be the floor general I like out of a PG. I love that he can pop the three, especially in the clutch and if left open like a Mr Big Shot can, but I'm just not crazy about the guy as a two guard. I don't think he'll ever be able to match up against a much bigger two like a Joe Johnson and Gibson racks up less assists than E Snow used to.
I don't see a lot of driving to the basket out of him - not saying that has to be his role with the team we have now - but on offense he's almost like a more active Damon Jones to me (just one who hits the shots).
I concede he is infinitely better than Jones at getting up and down the floor on the breaks and doesn't just stand around in the half court but works to get open. I think it's just that I rarely see him inside the arc.

I guess I just don't have as much man love for the guy as most Cavs fans. I love the three ball but I appreciate the passing and the working for high percentage shots more. I like the throw back PG who makes the players around them better but makes the other team pay when they don't respect him - which means driving to the hole as well as nailing that big three.

I think he's good.. but I feel like a lot of the people outside Cleveland.. I wonder why he isn't good enough to start. And/or it's harder to respect a "tweener".

I think the fact that he doesn't start is why he isn't getting respect.
i also know that he didn't hit the college three as well as he's hitting the NBA three.. so I wonder if maybe he'll come back down someday.

I hope not.. I just wonder..

It does do wonders going from being one the guys who got double teamed on his Texas squad (with Aldridge) to never being doubled on LeBrons team though doesn't it.

I don't get any Boozer comparisons. I always thought Boozer got too much respect when he was here because I would watch him play zero defense live and all the people who watched on TV would just see him dunk the ball and rebound ferociously and they'd tell me he appeared to playing with another level of intensity.

I felt pretty cool when Jerry Sloan referred to him as about the worst defender he ever saw during Boozers first year in Utah..

but Carlos has absolutely impressed me and turned his game up a couple of notches the last year and a half.. even though he still isn't the best of defenders.. he is a beast offensively and on the boards
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#47 » by L&H_05 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:12 am

According to my sources, Kidd will probably land in Dallas..

I can't confirm it, but my dude knows what he's talking about, so take my word for it..

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers