ImageImageImage

THREE WAY TRADE for Marion...That's the deal

Moderator: ijspeelman

fc_dinamo
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#61 » by fc_dinamo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Ok...roughly 40 minutes until the deadline.

Everyone get ready to have your hearts broken when one of the following happens:

1. Nothing happens...the most probable outcome.

2. A minor deal happens. The typical Danny Deal - so a Flip/Marty/Simmons type of deal...the Flip was actually pretty good in the short term but nothing major, nothing that will really change the team/make us that much better.

So what it comes down to is...nothing or almost nothing.

But...next year, we have alot of $$ in expiring contracts. Rather than get an aging star like Kidd, I'd rather wait and get a guy in his prime next year...possibly Redd? I'm sure there will be others who are disgrunted...we don't need to win now. All the big trades that happened - Kidd, Shaq, Gasol...happened with teams who's superstars are in their prime now...Kobe/Dirk/Nash...29/29/34 and thus they have to win a title within the next year or 2.
P2
Banned User

Post#62 » by P2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 pm

heathmalc wrote:Only an hour and a half to go, so the chances of anything actually happening is probably about .05%

Trades are usually reported hours after the deadline, when the paperwork is finished.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,566

Post#63 » by Profound23 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:12 pm

eyejayem wrote:I can only see this as the 2nd trade even though we didnt signify which trade would be the blockbuster and only assuming the blockbuster was 1st but we are probably waiting on the 1st trade which would give us a 1st rd pick. After that trade I see this happening:

Cle

Larry Hughes
Ira Newble
1st rd pick '08

for

Shawn Marion

Memphis

Kwame Brown
Mike Miller

for

Larry Hughes
Ira Newble
1st rd Pick Cle '08
future 1st rd pick Mia or 08 2nd rd

Mia

Shawn Marion
future 1st rd pick or '08 2nd rd

for

Kwame Brown
Mike Miller

So Cleveland soes this to get help for Lebron for a versatile post/wing. But in order to do it he Ferry is trying to move Drew for guard and pick(Sam Cassell- straight up/ Jamal crawford/ or with Pav or Simmons for Hinrich) or even Varrajao for Gordon since Bulls are putting him out there and fear he lose value next year.

Memphis does it for the picks but may have to throw in Lowry or Warrick because the deal looks a little too good for them.

Miami does it for the instant cap relief and the only people as interested in Mike Miller as the Cavs were Miami so they actually make out pretty good and get Haslem back in the starting lineup and pave the way to drafting Deandre Jordan or a PG.

Oh my, I love visiting other boards around this time just to see how people under/over value players.

It's one thing to believe MIA is going to trade Marion for Mike Miller/Kwame, in fact I think it's possible if Memphis was willing to throw in their 1st round pick this year or next year. But why would Miami trade Marion for Mike Miller and throw their 1st round (or even a 2nd round) pick in it? Marion is a far superior player to Mike Miller.

Any team trading Marion for Mike Miller, better get the pick back and not be the team giving it up or they are going to look foolish. Especially with how well Marion compliments Wade.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#64 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 am

L&H_05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Marion was traded less than 30 days ago.. He can't be packaged with another player if my memory serves me correct..

BOGUS :nonono:

For future reference, Marion can absolutely be traded with other players immediately, even other players from Miami.
I don't understand where these "1-for-1" myths and other myths come from.

The restriction is that for two months after being traded, your salary cannot be aggregated with other salaries in order to form a larger simultaneous TPE.

Big difference.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#65 » by L&H_05 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:05 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For future reference, Marion can absolutely be traded with other players immediately, even other players from Miami.
I don't understand where these "1-for-1" myths and other myths come from.

The restriction is that for two months after being traded, your salary cannot be aggregated with other salaries in order to form a larger simultaneous TPE.

Big difference.
Just so you guys know, ^^^ GAD might just be the greatest cap/trade/financial/CBA guy on this site...

When the summer comes, I encourage all of you to go over to the Bucks board, and hassle the hell outta GAD so we can get some answers to our burning questions..
jnester71
Sophomore

Post#66 » by jnester71 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:06 am

L&H_05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Just so you guys know, ^^^ GAD might just be the greatest cap/trade/financial/CBA guy on this site...

When the summer comes, I encourage all of you to go over to the Bucks board, and hassle the hell outta GAD so we can get some answers to our burning questions..

I may take some heat for saying this but I thought my boy Heathmalc was the #1 cap guy..

cut me some slack though I did compliment the guy in my last post..

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers