Post#421 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:02 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Ben can wear a headband again. He will be more motivated. LOL

He was wearing it all year.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#422 » by Wingy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:06 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:I take Wallace over Hughes any day of the week because he's an iron man and he plays hard every night.

:rofl:

good luck Cavs on that. I like the other pieces you got...Joe Smith is solid. I think this was good for both of us.
Dearth
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#423 » by Dearth » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Ben can wear a headband again. He will be more motivated. LOL

FYI the team voted to allow Ben to wear a headband starting this year.

He can play any worse then he has. I think having a dominant offensive personality like Lebron will help. Ben can still have great games where he is very active and tipping balls and hustling it is just fewer and far between.

Maybe he helps you guys in the playoffs.

A change of circumstances should help him refocus and hopefully play better for you guys. I think getting Wally and West is more helpful.

He certainly had half of Chicago willing to pack his bags and drive him to Cleveland.

I would have taken hot garbage for Wallace but Gooden is better than hot garbage most nights. Heck if he can get 10 and 8 for us that's twice the points and all the rebounds Ben gave us.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#424 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 am

Just from reading around the realgm boards. Its safe to say most everyone thinks the Cavs did well except the Pistons, Celtics and Magic forums. I wonder why that is. I like our team as it is now. We're not favorites, but I'd line our team up against them and not fear them at all.
thabolosha
Banned User

Post#425 » by thabolosha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 am

question for cavs fans? why is it that you don't like drew gooden? i would consider him to be a nice double double guy. was there something that hindered him? i think he'll do fine in chicago and take away pressure from our perimeter guys.

also do you think hughes is more effetive as a slasher? is he a spot up shooter or a drive and shoot guy.

just a few questions to figure out how these guys will fit in our system. itz gonna be krazy trying to find time to play hughes tho.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#426 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:16 am

To the Bulls fans, telling us how trashy Ben Wallace is going to be here. We pretty much know what we're getting into with him. I don't expect some all world type thing to occur overnight. I think the best thing is the pieces involved Hughes, Gooden, Wallace, Szczerbiak, West. Those guys get a much needed change of scenery. Thats whats the best part of this deal. Good luck to you guys with Hughes/Gooden. I think you'll get back in the playoffs now.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#427 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:20 am

thabolosha wrote:question for cavs fans? why is it that you don't like drew gooden? i would consider him to be a nice double double guy. was there something that hindered him? i think he'll do fine in chicago and take away pressure from our perimeter guys.

also do you think hughes is more effetive as a slasher? is he a spot up shooter or a drive and shoot guy.

just a few questions to figure out how these guys will fit in our system. itz gonna be krazy trying to find time to play hughes tho.

Drew is what you said a double-double guy. I think what irritated us most, was his poor shot selection.. He has a sweet hook shot on the low block and mid range game. He for some reason thinks he's a guard sometimes handling the rock on the perimeter doing crossover dribbles into fadaway jumpers. He really does have a low bball IQ. He's got game though, just I don't get him sometimes. Hughes just didnt fit here, he's still his old self. He has played his best basketball since coming to Cleveland over this past month. Which ulitmately is probably why you took him off our hands(along with us taking Ben for you).
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#428 » by yungal07 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:23 am

Gooden is a flat out better player than Ben. I don't see the point.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#429 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:26 am

yungal07 wrote:Gooden is a flat out better player than Ben. I don't see the point.

This deal isn't Gooden for Wallace straight up. So I don't see your point.
Dearth
Sophomore

Post#430 » by Dearth » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:27 am

You'll love Joe Smith he's been our most consistent player all year and steps up and hits some big shots when you need to get something going. He's a lot better on the boards then I ever remember before seeing him play here in Chicago.

I think and hope what we have here is a trade that helps both clubs. Obviously Chicago is further away from ECF contention then we all thought to start the year and this frees up playing time to see if Tyrus and Noah can develop quickly so we get back into the hunt.

For the Cavs it props up that window of opportunity for a Championship and give you guys some hope of pulling it off before Lebron leaves town. If that happens maybe he stays.

I don't know what Seattle was doing but good luck with AG :)
thabolosha
Banned User

Post#431 » by thabolosha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 am

yungal07 wrote:Gooden is a flat out better player than Ben. I don't see the point.

yea i don't understand why cleveland would let gooden go for aging bw and joe smooth. it makes no sense at all. bw is a big pain in the butt and won't get any better. he'll suck it up in the paint big time and he won't guard anyone trust me.

i like our deal b/c it frees up space for 2010 so we can sign lebron hehehe.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#432 » by Wingy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:To the Bulls fans, telling us how trashy Ben Wallace is going to be here. We pretty much know what we're getting into with him. I don't expect some all world type thing to occur overnight. I think the best thing is the pieces involved Hughes, Gooden, Wallace, Szczerbiak, West. Those guys get a much needed change of scenery. Thats whats the best part of this deal. Good luck to you guys with Hughes/Gooden. I think you'll get back in the playoffs now.

that's why i for one said I like the other pieces you received.

Joe will replace Gooden's offense...he did a great job for us this year and was probably our most consistent player.

Wally will thrive off Lebron and I'm a big West fan. I'm a Bulls fan that lives in a Celtics market and really liked Delonte.

Funny thing is...depending on how seeds shake out...maybe it'll be us in the ECF instead of Boston/Detroit like all the experts probably think.
thabolosha
Banned User

Post#433 » by thabolosha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:32 am

[quote="Wingy"][/quote]

wouldn't that be somethin. imagine if garnett/allen/pierce got injured. detroit really isn't that good anymore. everyone else is average except for toronto... i like them.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#434 » by B Mac » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:36 am

thabolosha wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yea i don't understand why cleveland would let gooden go for aging bw and joe smooth. it makes no sense at all.

This alone should tell you all you need to know about Drew. Cavs managment was so sick of him that they took back two old guys for him.

As Ive been saying for a while now... There is a reason he has been traded 3 times now and is playing for his 4th team.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#435 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:39 am

It seems the Bulls fans have no inbetween.. Some real great fans and some real *notsuchaniceword* fans coming over here. With the wiretap sayin Boobie is out 4-6 weeks.. Delonte West is now the most important part of this deal for us, IMO.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#436 » by L&H_05 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 am

thabolosha wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yea i don't understand why cleveland would let gooden go for aging bw and joe smooth.
Joe Smooth as you call him is a better player right now at his age than Drew Gooden..

You look at Drew's numbers and see a "double-double"--But it's the most hollow double-double you will ever see a player get... His B-BALL-IQ is extremely poor... You have no idea..

Here's what a prominent member on another Cavs board, who works with the team/players had to say regarding it..

I think we ended up accomplishing what we needed to do ...this gives us the
versatility that we need in the low post, and allows us to play small much more effectively.

Let me lay out the facts ...this team couldn't stand Drew Gooden's game, not in the least. His lack of consistency and the one thing he is consistent with is his complete lack of understanding of how to play any form of team defense. He contributes nothing to this team. And I'll point out, Lebron had had his fill of the Drew show ...he's just not a winning player ...he's a guy that should never be on the roster of any team looking to compete and win at playoff time ...all the guys we got back are WINNERS.

I can say this, Ben Wallace knows how to play a defensive game, one we need desperately next to Z. I think Wallace is a godsend for Z ...he is the EXACT type power forward that Z has needed next to him since he's been here.

Plus, the type center that gives Z fits on the defensive end, os the exact type that Wallace is dominant against. We don't need offense from our power forwards much ..we've needed a polished defensive stalwart at the power forward position. Joe Smith is another local guy that is kind of like Wally ...his deal ends and we have a good shot at keeping them both longer term at much reduced salaries ....plus decent defense and offense when we need it.

WE ARE SO DRAMATICALLY IMPROVED DEFENSIVELY I CAN'T PUT IT IN WORDS RIGHT NOW.

Lebron will be very happy PRIVATELY, that Drew Gooden is gone ....Lebron wants players that he knows will bring it every day ...people he can depend on.

What he'll see is a floor that is spaced better for him offensively, and a couple players that are more dependable from the outside shooting ... on the defensive side he will se MEASURABLE IMPROVEMENTS ...

Lebron will love the results that come from this trade ...Mike Brown will know what to do with Ben Wallace and Joe Smith, that much I know for sure ...and Ben will not have to worry about anything but what he does best ...

Chicago was a horrid fit for Ben Wallace ....horrid. Couldn't have been a worse fit for his game ...
LarBrd33
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#437 » by LarBrd33 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:38 am

I didn't bother reading all 37 pages of this thread... so I'm not sure if you guys have collectively talked yourselves into this deal by now... but I really don't get this trade for Cleveland at all. Wally is horrible and Wallace is washed up. Really don't get it for you guys.

I only see two positives from the trade. #1 - Wally's expiring contract will be the Theo Ratliff/Kwame Brown of the offseason. THey should be able to get someone at some point. #2 - I think Delonte will be a pleasant surprise in limited minutes.

Other than that... I think it's a step back.
for·mi·da·ble /ˈfɔrmɪdəbəl/ Pronunciation[fawr-mi-duh-buhl]
–adjective
1. to be youthier: That younger youthier player adds to the formidable frontline.
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Post#438 » by KnicksManiac » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:39 am

LOVE this trade for you guys. I see you in the WCF.

Better learn how to spell Szczerbiak. He is gonna get so many open shots now that he has LeBron on his team. I think he's gonna help your team big time.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#439 » by That Nicka » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:43 am

So who starts?
TylerB
Analyst
And1: 98

Post#440 » by TylerB » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:50 am

I think Szczerbiak will be the difference maker for the Cavs in this trade. He should be very efficient offensively.... 15 ppg or better.

Unfortunately you now have the problem the Bulls used to have. Ben Wallace will be playing 30+ minutes a game for you no matter how badly he performs.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers