Drew Dum Dum's +/- for tonight -18
Larry's -11

For comparison
BWall +12
Wally +11
West +11
Smith +7

:)

We feel for you Bull's fans. We've been there, done that.

True - but in all fairness, the Bulls are on their Texas Trip. No one reasonably could have expected the Bulls to actually beat the Rockets (on an 11 game win streak - now 12) at home in Houston. Bulls were close until 4th quarter when new man Jackson and others just kept a bunch of 3's. I also do not expect the Bulls to win in Dallas tonight (Monday)

As I mentioned, we accept these new guys for Ben because they may be of some help - but Gooden will almost certainly be moved as an expiring contract over the summer. Hughes is actually "insurance" in case Ben Gordon's salary demands continue to be outrageous.

I gladly concede the fact that the Cavs got better players. However, I'm happy with the trade because it really benefits the Bulls too.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
babythug23
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#42 » by babythug23 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:48 pm

By getting rid of Wallace/Smith we didn't just get HUGHES/GOODEN we got Hughes/Gooden/Thomas/Noah. Because the coach would play Ben 35mins a game he would not Reb not block and the man he was on would get season highs. But the overall look the Bulls young guys get the play now. The main reason we wanted Wallace gone is to see Thomas and Noah play more getting anything in return is a bonus. We really didn't think anyone would take Wallace b/c how bad he was WITH US.

Wallace will be great for Cavs he just didn't fit here with the BULLS. Trade worked great for both team IMO. Thomas/Noah have been lookin good the past 2 games since they finally get the play.
thabolosha
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by thabolosha » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:10 am

B Mac wrote:For some good fun go read the Bulls game thread from tonight. Some pure gold in there. A small example if I may:

i'm gonna be one of the first to jump on the i hate drew gooden bandwagon for now. i've seen enough in the first game to know that he's gonna be our new ben wallace. i know it was the first game but he just made too many bad stupid mistakes like throwing the ball away or passing the ball at people's feet or shooting beyond his range. if there's anyone that wants to join me please feel free.

Some more fun.

Larry's -11

For comparison
BWall +12
Wally +11
West +11
Smith +7

hahaha thanks for quoting me i feel special dude. anyway i stand by my statement. he can have good games like tonight but then he makes those mind boggling mistakes that can make you wanna punch him. hopefully it was him just getting used to playing with the team.

anyway hughes lit it up tonight. i've seen nothing but good things from him. i think he just needed to get out of cleveland fast. thanks cavs for hughes. we appreciate it. as far as ben wallace goes i really feel bad for you guys. at least gooden is young and has some upside unlike bw. he's gonna cost you guys some nights like tonight he's just garbage.
Art Vandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#44 » by Art Vandelay » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:25 am

B Mac wrote:For some good fun go read the Bulls game thread from tonight. Some pure gold in there. A small example if I may:

i'm gonna be one of the first to jump on the i hate drew gooden bandwagon for now. i've seen enough in the first game to know that he's gonna be our new ben wallace. i know it was the first game but he just made too many bad stupid mistakes like throwing the ball away or passing the ball at people's feet or shooting beyond his range. if there's anyone that wants to join me please feel free.

Some more fun.

Larry's -11

For comparison
BWall +12
Wally +11
West +11
Smith +7

No offense, but Bulls were playing the Rockets with Yao and the Cavs were playing Memphis. Not really the same thing by any means.
babythug23
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#45 » by babythug23 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:34 am

Some more fun.

Larry's -11

For comparison
BWall +12
Wally +11
West +11
Smith +7

Some more fun.

Drew Dum Dum's +/- for tonight +10
Larry's +21

For comparison
BWall -17

We feel for you Cav's fans. We've been there, done that.
:D Just having a lil fun thats all no harm
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#46 » by Gordon Bombay » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:40 am

thats rarified air for larry :lol: ^^^

no but i like larry and hope he does well for you guys. drew is a good guy but kind of dumb (like lloyd in dumb and dumber)
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#47 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:12 am

Props to Larry and Drew for playing well. I was myself having a little fun at Drew Dum Dum's expense. If Larry and Drew both can somehow stay consistant in Chicago more power to them. Their track record goes to show otherwise, but you never know. If those two do manage to maintain their success (and Drew learns to play anything resembling team defense) then you guys got a major steal here.... I remain skeptical however.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#48 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:57 pm

lj4mvp wrote:wow - a whole article where the only positive point is getting rid or Ben Wallace because he can't score. What I want to know is who signs Ben Wallace and expects him to score? His career average is 6.5 ppg.

And I love how the chicago writer completely forgets about the "get" of Dennis Rodman. All that did was produce a 72 win season, a 69 win season, a 62 win season and 3 NBA championships.

What did rodman average scoring that 72 win season - the same 5.5 points Wallace averaged this year. Did they really expect Ben Wallace to be a dominant low post scorer?

Point of fact - Rodman averaged 15rebs per game that season, and played much better defense than Ben can or will.

Also, while getting Rodman certainly helped the cause, Jordan and Pippen are who "produced" 3 championships. I think that is what girlygirl was refering to.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,499

Post#49 » by DuckIII » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:36 pm

B Mac wrote:Props to Larry and Drew for playing well. I was myself having a little fun at Drew Dum Dum's expense. If Larry and Drew both can somehow stay consistant in Chicago more power to them. Their track record goes to show otherwise, but you never know. If those two do manage to maintain their success (and Drew learns to play anything resembling team defense) then you guys got a major steal here.... I remain skeptical however.

The Bulls don't need Gooden or Hughes to be consistent for the trade to be a smashing success for Chicago. All the Bulls need them to do is to continue being Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden instead of Ben Wallace.

I doubt you Cavs fans will ever know or appreciate just how awful Wallace was for Chicago this year and just how badly he weighed down our team. Prior to the trade, the Bulls were the worst offensive team in the league. Since the trade, they are averaging 110 points a game.

He won't have that type of negative impact on you because your roster construction compliments him better and because your organization will be willing to treat him like the limited, aging role player he is. In Chicago, he was a "prized free agent" and they had to play him major minutes this year to convince another team to accept him in trade.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#50 » by Sinistar6 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I think its a great trade for both teams.

Cavs get some firepower to try to get over Detroit and Boston. As much as us bulls fans hate Ben Wallace, he was the face of this trade. He brings the Cavs championship experience and a rebounding, defensive presence at power forward. Cavs also have an identity because of the Chosen One, and that will help Ben. He is not a leader but a good solider. Joe Smith is a wily vet having a flash back season. Seriously he is playing so good this year. If Wally hits a shot a West becomes batman the Cavs are dangerous.

The Bulls get younger, deeper, and a face lift. There is 7 top 10 draft picks on the squad 30 years or less. Seriously, Boylan has some options, we will score more points, and as a Bulls, fan the sun finally came up. We are excited again.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers