ImageImageImage

Game 55: Wizards @ Cavaliers (8pm on ESPN)

Moderator: ijspeelman

LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#61 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 am

I bet BMac had a rockin time at the Q watching that one. Whew, I'm glad we got out of it with a win. I can't wait to see the new guys in the next game. Toronto lost, Cavs win.. We're back in the 4 spot.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#62 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:47 am

LOL @ Washington!

How do you lose to Lebron and a team of NBDL scrubs.

LOL...they're fans can permanently never talk trash ever again
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#63 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:48 am

By the way the Wiz were handed the game on a platter with like a 17-2 FT advantage late in the game.

Also their pathetic defense of trapping Lebron at halfcourt is a joke. We've burned them for years when they try that trash and will continue to do

Gimmick defense doesn't work
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#64 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:50 am

They are in a tough spot without Arenas and Butler. I do however think our position tonight was equally bad.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:52 am

LeBron is a difficult guy to guard. But man, if you are doubling him all over the floor you better keep him under 33 pts especially when you are opening the floor up enough for Jones to put up 27 and Devin to get really close to a triple double.
Sardonic
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#66 » by Sardonic » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 am

Wow... Washington has got to fire their entire coaching staff. Their offensive sets are straight out of high school and I didn't even see anything resembling team defense.

The Cavs could have played 4 on 5 offensively... damn near did with Eric Snow on the floor and still have beat this team. How do you let Damon Jones spit hot fire in your eye time after time when Snow is on the court?

Did they think the first five 3pters he made were just flukes?
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 369

Post#67 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:33 am

Sardonic wrote:Wow... Washington has got to fire their entire coaching staff. Their offensive sets are straight out of high school and I didn't even see anything resembling team defense.

I think the majority of fans on the Wizards board share similar sentiments.

Good game btw; I kind of think that was a charge on LeBron at the end (but I'm biased!) but we didn't deserve to win that game anyway.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:44 am

You are clearly biased if you view that as a charge since Haywood was moving laterally the entire time up until contact.
cavshats
Senior

Post#69 » by cavshats » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:57 am

whewwwww man we need to sign these dleague guys they make the players around them better i dont think damon jones scores 27 tonight without the threat of wild bill on the floor and devin brown benefited from thomas too. He sure is a big lift off of lebrons shoulders
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#70 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 am

This has got to be a record for the least action our game thread has gotten from the Wiz fans. To Donkey, good game.. He's a cool cat. Most of the others though, I just gotta laugh at them. Even at full strength, I fear them none. I agree with Sardonic, it's mostly coaching with them. They need to change the whole coaching staff. They could(honestly) be so much better.
Uncooked
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by Uncooked » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:04 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:LOL @ Washington!

No doubt, Washington is just a bad team with bad players. That was a fun game to watch, and I am pumped we were able to beat a second tier team with a bunch of NBDL players.

I have always shown Damon some love, and he came through HUGE tonight!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#72 » by B Mac » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:25 am

Natural light wrote:D Jones is showing up tonight, who says that we needed west to be our point guard when we have D Jones.
Yo Bmac your boy I have been looking at realgm post for the past year, and you make the most sense, ALWAYS

I've got a fan? :o Well thanks for the compliment. Welcome aboard, and hopefully we'll see a lot more out of you.

LoveThemCavs wrote:I bet BMac had a rockin time at the Q watching that one. Whew, I'm glad we got out of it with a win. I can't wait to see the new guys in the next game. Toronto lost, Cavs win.. We're back in the 4 spot.

I really did. I actually think I sat right behind Eric Snow's parents. I didnt realize it until about the second quarter and by that point I had made quite an ass out of myself by yelling at Eric pretty much the entire game up until that point. The rest of the game I went out of my way to compliment Eric outloud to my buddy on everything I could possibly find. They both at least gave me a smile as we left.

Speaking of sitting by players families, did I ever tell you guys the story of sitting next to Anderson's girlfriend a couple of years ago at a game? She was smokin, and spoke in Portugese. Quite a combo.

The crowd went nuts when they showed the new guys in the suite, chilling. They ran a very nice clip about each of them, followed by MoonDog coming out wearing an afro and then finally a shot of all of them sitting there. Standing O, which was followed by LeBron doing a pretty funny dance while sitting on the bench. Im not sure how to describe it other than to say it was a mixture of the safety dance and the macarana with a few other never before seen moves (for a reason) thrown in. It literally had the arena rolling, but I guarentee it wont be seen in any rap videos.

I do kinda wish I had dvr'd the game so that I could see more of the new guys and their interviews and such. I feel like I missed out there.

Didnt really expect to win this one walking in, but when I found out Caron was out too I knew we had it in the bag. My boy Damon showed up and after the game said that although they didnt really think they'd have enough to win tonight that they really owed the crowd because the fans energy was what got them through the game, and honestly the crowd was pretty loud and pretty packed for what most people expected to be a blowout.

One of my favorite things of the night was a guy wearing a Gooden jersey that taped over the "n" in Gooden and wrote an "R?" so that it read "Gooder?" I said to him, "Yes, absolutely."

Im officially completely excited about the rest of the season. Its gonna be a fun ride once again.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm surprised that Wiz fans are so quiet, they generally have an excuse for every loss. I'm just so shocked that we won it's hard to articulate. The Cavs started Damon and Eric Snow (which is never a good thing). They signed 2 D Leaguers to play as 6th and 7th men (heck one ever got off 11 shots. And they won? Are you kidding me?

But I'm sure someone is out there saying it's because the Wiz are short handed, or that the play at the end of the game was a charge and not a foul or that the refs were calling the game one sided in favor of the Cavs (talk about having things inverted). So I'm comfortable that they are whining, they just aren't doing it here.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#74 » by cedric76 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:17 pm

so do u see damon getting more PT now?
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:32 pm

I really think that was a special situation where the Wiz didn't really have anyone that could punish Jones on the defensive end so the Cavs could play him without penalty. So no, I really don't see Damons minutes increasing. He is clearly one of the last players off the bench for the Cavs. Sure he'll get some time since he can hit the 3, but he's a speciallist and will only play at times needed.
circushots
Rookie

Post#76 » by circushots » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:04 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:LOL @ Washington!

Regardless of how shorthanded the Cavs were, to overlook how equally, if not more shorthanded the Wiz more is being ignorant. I'd probably be inclined to give the Wiz the edge in bench and role players, but being a league governed by star power and guys who can create their own shots, don't you think that having Lebron trumps Antawn Jamison? Not to mention the fact that they were missing the guy who would normally guard Lebron...
GreenDemon
Sophomore

Post#77 » by GreenDemon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 am

Nobody is going to argue that the Wiz werent short handed but the Cavs only had 2 starter and 8 players overall with 2 d league players of those 8. Of the 6 players out thier I would say only 4 would play under normal circumstances. I know most of us Cavs fans were saying this was a throw away game so to win it is just that much better to us.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers