ImageImageImage

I know we are not in the offseason yet...

Moderator: ijspeelman

eyejayem
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

I know we are not in the offseason yet... 

Post#1 » by eyejayem » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:50 am

Yes I know we are not in the offseason yet, let alone playoffs but this is realgm and as a playing "gm" we are always trying to improve the team and since we have months before the draft I'm hoping that these new players added will lure fellow "gms" to get their minds moving and suggest what may happen this offseason, draft, trades, and all. Suggest what you would like to happen, who you'd like to draft,trade,etc.
My suggestions I guess will be first in the gauntlet:

Starting Roster:

Delonte West / Daniel Gibson / Eric Snow
Sasha Pavolovic / Devin Brown / Damon Jones
Lebron James / Wally Szczerbiak / Billy Thomas
Ben Wallace / Joe Smith / Kaniel Dickens
Zydrunas Ilgauskas/ Anderson Varajao / Dwayne Jones

Suggestions:

1.Mike Brown studied from Ettore Messina(known to be an offensive mastermind) coach of Moscow team in the Euroleague and Messina stated he may want to become an assistant coach in the NBA. Hank Egan who is recovering from heart surgery may retire opening up a spot. Ferry needs to make a bid.

2. Resign Daniel Gibson and Delonte West and possibly Dwayne Jones.

3. Follow the Bulls suit when they almost traded Ben Wallace for Andrei Kirilenko. Utah needs to start unloading contracts to sign Deron and Boozer but AK and Okur take up too much money. AK I believe can play PF in the east like Josh Smith. AK's contract is a year longer but with confidence I think he would do exceptionally well next to Lebron.

Ben Wallace for Andrei Kirilenko/ 2nd rd pick '08 (philly)

4.Another draft day trade. We go and get Mike Miller since our expirings are much better than this year. And yes we take Cardinal's contract but we get Kyle Lowry and 2nd rd pick(early to mid).

Aleksander Pavolovic/ Eric Snow/ Damon Jones for
Mike Miller/Kyle Lowry/ Brian Cardinal/ 2nd rd pick'08(mem)

5.Yes this is crazy but one last trade. And I guess this is the questionable one but I think it helps us in the long run. We trade Wally to Portland.

Wally Szczerbiak/ Future 2nd rd pick/ cash for
Darius Miles/Channing Frye/Matrell Webster/ 2nd rd pick '08(best of the 3)

We do this to get better and deeper bench with Matrell and Frye and pick.

6. NBA draft, these are my choices:
1st rd pick: Jason Thompson
2nd rd pick(mem): Richard Roby
2nd rd pick(philly): Goran Dragic ( let him continue developing overseas)
2nd rd pick(por): Trade for next year pick or player to develope overseas

New Roster:

Delonte West / Daniel Gibson / Kyle Lowry
Mike Miller / Matrell Webster / Richard Roby
Lebron James / Darius Miles / Brian Cardinal
Andrei Kirilenko / Channing Frye / Jason Thompson
Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Anderson Varajao / Dwayne Jones

If we end up making trades into the season we still have our MLE. We can try to move players so we can try and sign Varajao to an extension or trade him. We are in Luxury tax hell but when the books come off the next year the resignings,Lebron and Kirilenko are all thats left. Z retires a Cav and hopefully a champion but the other expirings can be used to make sure Lebron stays and we can hopefully restructure AK's contract that last year.

Now I will wait for the bashing but hopefully We get some more suggestings and scenarios in between.
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by GreenDemon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:24 am

I wont bash what you said but I dont really agree with any of your moves other then resigning Gibson and probably West as well. If we are going to trade our expirings for Mike Miller I dont really see us taking on Cardinal as well since the only reason that we were going to take him on is we didnt have enough expirings and/or talent to give them before and now we would have tons of expirings. I would be surprised if Utah would still be willing to take on Wallace even with how big Kirelinko's contract is because atleast so far Andrei brings atleast some production. I think we could definatly get more for Wally and his big expring contract then just a couple bench players at the trade deadline, espesially with the money that Miles is making.

I am not really going to comment on the draft because I havent really looked to much into it and probably wont till after the season is over.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#3 » by Rise Against » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:09 am

I don't particularly agree with any of the trades but I will only state the obvious with Big Ben.. Why should we trade Wallace when we have yet to him perform? He is a 4 time DPOY and had numerous honors of the all defensive 1st team. He could be a defensive warehouse as he was in Detroit but I'm sure he won't be what he was in Chicago.. But let's wait until the end of the season.

Oh and AK47 doesn't play the 4 well.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#4 » by B Mac » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:54 pm

I liked two of your moves. Bringing in that foreign coach, and resiging Boobie and possibly Devin.

Lets wait and see how this team performs before we go and make another huge shakeup. Remember consistancy is key.
shugknight
Senior
And1: 74
Location: starts with a C ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG

Post#5 » by shugknight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:38 pm

I don't think those other teams that you posted trades about would agree to any of those trades.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Cevap » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 pm

trade for maggette, lebron to the bench

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers