ImageImageImage

Milwaukee-Cleveland trade

Moderator: ijspeelman

Whateva
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#21 » by Whateva » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:03 am

Ilgauskas would be the only interior offense.
Maybe the trade should include Bogut.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,732

Post#22 » by DowJones » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:15 am

I can't believe what some of you guys are saying. Michael Redd would be PERFECT for this team. He is a catch and shoot player. Yeah, it would suck to take back those 2 contracts, but that is the price you have to pay to get a guy like Redd. And like the Detroit fan said, cap-space means nothing to us anyway. Infact it could be a good thing for us because it will give us expiring contracts in 2 years that we could parlay into another good player if need be. Bobby Simmons could also be a quality backup. The ONLY tweak I would make is replace Joe Smith with Damon Jones. I am assuming that the Bucks don't care which expiring contract they get so if they want us to take back those 2 bad contracts then the least they can do is let us keep Smith. Joe Smith is a quality reserve big man while Jones would never see the floor. This would be our lineup...

PG: Delonte West
SG: Michael Redd
SF: LeBron James
PF: Ben Wallace
C: Z

2nd team
PG: Daniel Gibson
SG: Sasha Pavlovic
SF: Bobby Simmons
PF: Joe Smith
C: Anderson Varejao

That 2nd group is pretty darn impressive. We would have to be the favorites in the East. My only problem would be the head coach. I am not a huge Mike Brown fan.

Mike Miller is a good player but he is not at the level of Michael Redd. Redd is a legit All-Star. Miller is just a role player...a good role player but still a role player.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#23 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 am

DowJones wrote:Mike Miller is a good player but he is not at the level of Michael Redd. Redd is a legit All-Star. Miller is just a role player...a good role player but still a role player.

You're right, but it's not that simple. The question isn't would you rather have Redd or Miller the question is would you rather have Redd and 2 bloated contracts and give up 2 first round draft picks, to get a player who's only focus is on offense, or would you rather have Miller without having to give (or take) near as much to get him, and have a more well rounded player that isnt the offensive threat that Redd is, but is tons better on defense?

We are a defense first team, and as long as Coach Brown is here that is what we will always remain. Maybe Redd would try to play defense if he got to a team that valued it, but we already know that Miller can and does play defense and his defensive numbers looked good on a team that itself doesnt care about D.

I would take either for the right price, but to me the right price is more important than picking one player over the other.

Besides we need to add another Olympian on our team to watch during the summer. :wink:
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#24 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:20 am

B Mac wrote:We are a defense first team, and as long as Coach Brown is here that is what we will always remain. Maybe Redd would try to play defense if he got to a team that valued it, but we already know that Miller can and does play defense and his defensive numbers looked good on a team that itself doesnt care about D.

I would take either for the right price, but to me the right price is more important than picking one player over the other.

I agree 100%

In-addition to that, I don't think Miller is a "role-player!" He was a role-player on the Olympic team. But he is not a role-player in the NBA!

That being said, Miller is in our rear-view mirror. I don't see us going for him again. According to some reports Ferry had an altercation with someone in the Memphis FO during the trade-dead-line when talking trade for Miller. I don't have a link about that, and you don't have to believe it, but I HIGHLY doubt that we even attempt to get Miller. That boat has sailed.

As for Redd - He is NOT going anywhere! Why do people keep bringing him up? Redd AND Kohl have both stated this in the past. In-addition, the Bucks have a pretty good core. They are only a player or two from being east contenders! Mo Willams, Charlie V, Yi, Bogut, and Redd. Those are pretty good players. And if Bell wasn't hating Milwaukee, he'd be a good core player for them too!
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,732

Post#25 » by DowJones » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:54 pm

I don't see what the difference is when it comes to bloated contracts. We aren't going to be able to do anything in free agency anyway. Now it would cost Dan Gilbert more money, so I can see why he would hesitate about doing the deal, but you guys aren't Gilbert.Yeah, we would be overpaying for Bobby Simmons, but it isn't like we could use his money in free-agency. Heck, Simmons just has 2 years left on his deal so he becomes a pretty bit expiring contract the following year.

Mike Miller is not a great defensive player. He is just average in that department. He may be a little better than Redd, but the difference in their defensive play doesn't make up for the difference in their offensive play.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers