ImageImageImage

NO KNICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: ijspeelman

LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: NO KNICKS !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#81 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Wed Jul 2, 2008 10:24 pm

L&H_05 wrote:I don't see what is so special about Donnie Walsh ??
He's not Isiah Thomas.

And tlifeset - I 100% agree.
imahustla
Senior

Post#82 » by imahustla » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:06 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:
#1knickfan wrote:Wow, so all the biased a$$holes in Cleveland have their own sticked topic in this forum. :noway:

we're sorry you have sucky players that no one else wants

We're also sorry that those clowns think that there's actually a chance in hell that they're getting LeBron in 2010. And what's funnier is that LeBron's playing them for fools - just TEASING them and torturing their souls and twisting their brains - and they're completely buying it.

Instead of moving the Sonics to OKC, they should move the Knicks there instead so they can just rot away in obscurity with nobody giving a damn.
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#83 » by tlifeset » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:21 pm

Oklahoma City Knicks. That has a nice ring. The city knicks.

But in all seriousness ... whether LeBron opts out and chooses to sign with the Nets or Knicks is debatable although I'm hard-pressed to find a reason he won't unless this team gets significantly better. The truth is that there are many players to sign from that draft class: Bron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, etc. Not to mention all the other players that are slated to become free agents: Kobe, etc. The Knicks HAVE to clear cap space because they are a very alluring place to play for NBA players and they can sign stars.

So, even if you keep LeBron ... the Knicks will get someone (My guess ... Melo).

Anyway, I'm happy to see that myself LBJMVP are on the same page. Because the biggest thing the Cavs are missing are sweeteners. You've got the expiring contracts but just nothing to package them with. Right now, you pretty much have one sweetener ... JJ Hickson, who is inarguably a pick that should have been packaged. And you have future picks. You really can't afford to package West in a deal because he's one of your better players. Atleast teams like the Lakers and Celtics had promising players with potential still on their side ... Javaris Crittenden and Gerald Green (even though Green turned out to be awful).

That's my piece. Now go back to fighting over who would win in a UFC fight ... Curry or Varejo.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#84 » by bcortell » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:03 pm

Melo's deal is a little different. He has an extra year for '11-12 but there is an ETO. So there's really no guarantee that melo will even be a free agent (unless he said differently somewhere)
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#85 » by Bamboozled » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:51 pm

If Lebron resigns with the Cavs, he gets a bigger contract and the chance to play with one of the 2010 superstar free agents, providing they can be coaxed into living in Cleveland. Plus, believe it or not, but the 2010 Knicks roster won't be as enticing as people think, because they'll have to give away the store just to free up enough space to make a max offer to Lebron.

Also, Eddy Curry vs. Anderson Varejao would be a close one, until 20 minutes into the fight when Curry collapses from exhaustion, and Andy flops on top of him with a flying elbow.
Go Cavs!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,137

Post#86 » by cgf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Actually If LeBron leaves, which'll probably be the most financially beneficial option for him, he'll be leaving for the Brooklyn Nets, not the Knicks. But that's besides the point. The reason we (the knicks)have been terrible isn't a lack of talent but a lack of direction, Cleveland has a strong management team and a superstar leader who gives everyone else on that team direction. Randolph wouldn't be the no defense ball stopping stat machine he is in NY with someone on the court who makes his skills seem like garbage and is extremely driven. But that's just speculation based off of watching him with the knicks disfunctional crew last season. People say all of our pieces are garbage because the puzzle they made in NY was garbage but that's simply foolish, the pieces aren't garbage, isiah just sucks at putting pieces together and coaching, and he doesn't realize that just because he adds more talent doesn't mean he's making a better team when that talent isn't complimentary or is redundant, a la Jeffries with Balkman, ZBo with Curry, Marbs with craw, etc.

I completely understand not wanting Randolph on your team if your rebuilding or have no established leader to galvanize the team but cleveland is neither of those two, they're a team trying to win now with arguably the leagues best player leading them onto the court each game. I just think that this is a scenario where Randolph wouldn't try and do everything himself on O and would be willing to just be a piece and not be the centerfold, like he has been his whole career. Plus trading him for a completely worthless, on the court, Ben Wallace is going to bring you guys closer to winning a championship.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#87 » by Bamboozled » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:20 pm

I honestly don't have a huge problem with Randolph. I hear about the character issues, but I agree that he'd be good alongside Lebron and a defensive minded big to grab rebounds and guard the other team's best frontcourt player. Plus young guys who can score as well as he can always pan out in the NBA, barring some Derrick Coleman-esque total mental breakdown or something...
Go Cavs!
cgf
RealGM

Post#88 » by cgf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Baseline Runner wrote:Honestly, the Knicks did nothing to deserve the purgatory they are stuck in. This is a storied franchise with a great basketball tradition in the largest basketball market in the world.

We did let Isiah ru(i)n our team for 4 years.

As for LBJ he won't be coming to NY, although I do think we'll get one big time FA in 2010, i'm thinking it's Bosh or Amare.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Post#89 » by eyejayem » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:51 pm

I actually came to the realization that I would possibly take a chance on accepting Zach Randolf. I'm thinking back on all the years of JailBlazer history and this is not the first time a player has had issues after leaving. There is also Rasheed Wallace and Jermaine Oneal. Those two guys were said to have extreme baggage but the moment they landed on a well structured team with leadership as in Detroit and Indiana(Reggie Miller years) they righted their ship and were big parts of their teams success.

Now I know that Wallace and Oneal were on the Blazers which at the time wasnt known for great defense and they are both better than Randolf on defense but Indiana and Detroit were great teams that had proven systems on defense.

Maybe that is what Randolf needs, a team with structure,leadership, and a great defensive system he can catch on too. He wont feel like he has to do everything himself and he is part of a winning team just like ONeal and Wallace.

Now I'm not saying just go get him for expirings, I still want an incentive like a young player or pick. I just wouldnt be as opposed to it. But that is this week, maybe I'll change my mind again.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#90 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 pm

I completely disagree with you assessment of Wallace. The only real issues that Wallace had was that he's a hothead and he's not a leader. That is it. You really didn't hear about anything he'd done off the court. O'Neal just didn't play when he was with Portland. I really wanted the Cavs to pursue Rasheed because he's an incredibly talented player. he'd be top 10 if he actually wanted to be. He's still a good player as long as he's not expected to lead the squad. Randolph on the other hand is a pure lazy cancerous player. He very well might turn it around but he's been a loser his entire career
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
cgf
RealGM

Post#91 » by cgf » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:50 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:I completely disagree with you assessment of Wallace. The only real issues that Wallace had was that he's a hothead and he's not a leader. That is it. You really didn't hear about anything he'd done off the court. O'Neal just didn't play when he was with Portland. I really wanted the Cavs to pursue Rasheed because he's an incredibly talented player. he'd be top 10 if he actually wanted to be. He's still a good player as long as he's not expected to lead the squad. Randolph on the other hand is a pure lazy cancerous player. He very well might turn it around but he's been a loser his entire career

I'm sorry but Zach's a lazy cancer? Seriously? The dude's a gym rat and if he's not in the gym he's playing ball, eating or sleeping, so calling him lazy is just wrong, he's not McCurry who really doesn't want to play basketball for the knicks but instead just wants his damn money. And as for the cancer part he's well liked in the lockerroom and is really only destructive to a team by stopping ball movement, which LeBron and co. would kick his ass for in cleveland, that and his big contract, but if exchanged for Ben Wallace that contract isn't that bad.

ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#92 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:51 pm

I just want to clarify something here...

This board is in agreement that if Donnie Walsh offered David Lee for a 2nd round pick, the Cavs would be smart to reject it?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#93 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 pm

I'd love to have David Lee, but nobody is offering him to us for a second, so I think that would be a moot point.

Lee is about the only Knick that I'd want except at greatly reduced salaries. However, I'm not quite as against Knicks as some other posters might be.
LBusiness
Sophomore

Post#94 » by LBusiness » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:24 pm

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
New York Knicks

Incoming Players
Photo: Anderson Varejao
Anderson Varejao
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 1

Offer Matched When a team exercises the right of first refusal to keep a Restricted Free Agent cannot trade the player for 1 year without the player's consent. The player cannot be traded to the team that gave the offer sheet. (Bobcats).
Photo: Wally Szczerbiak
Wally Szczerbiak
Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
Photo: Eric Snow
Eric Snow
Salary: $7,312,500 Years Remaining: 1
Photo: Sasha Pavlovic
Sasha Pavlovic
Salary: $4,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
Photo: Damon Jones
Damon Jones
Salary: $4,460,186 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Jerome James, Jamal Crawford
Cleveland Cavaliers

Incoming Players
Photo: Zach Randolph
Zach Randolph
Salary: $14,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
Photo: Jerome James
Jerome James
Salary: $6,200,000 Years Remaining: 1
Photo: Jamal Crawford
Jamal Crawford
Salary: $8,640,000 Years Remaining: 3

Outgoing Players: Anderson Varejao, Wally Szczerbiak, Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic, Damon Jones

Search Arrow

ESPN Logo
ESPN.com: Help | PR Media Kit | Sales Media Kit | Report a Bug | Contact Us | News Archive | Site Map | ESPN Shop | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information
©2008 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#95 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Add in Lee, and I'd do it. We may have to take Jeffries intead of James, however.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#96 » by Paeds » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 am

If a trade doesnt go through we will just wait patiently for him in 2010:)
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#97 » by rjgraca » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:43 pm

^ Why, New York fans can buy any of his merchandise before 2010 which is about as close as they will get to him before he retires.

As for the trade, Randolph is enough salary cap baggage and we are not taking into account his off the court baggage which dwarfs almost everything else.
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#98 » by NYKBaller » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:46 pm

looks like ya management wants a knick, hardy har har
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#99 » by bcortell » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:55 pm

They're just rumors. (some speculate they have been started because of a poster on RCF- so it's not saying much)
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,318

Post#100 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:19 pm

I just want to say that, as a fan, it's fun trying to guess what GM's are discussion. I'm sorry that this thread wasn't more about that and less about trashing the other guys team.

Probably, if a trade is being discussed it's not a 5 player trade. It's obvious that the Knicks want to move Zach, but at the same time, Walsh isn't in a rush to move him.

One possible trade is a very small one, Malik for Eric Snow or something like that. Gives you guys forward depth and the salaries are about even. Maybe NY does this if snow retires to get extra cash, or maybe NY asks for a 2nd round pick.

Another option could be around Delonte West who might be tradable. Not sure who you'd want from us. Mardy would certainly be available, and Mardy wouldn't object to limited minutes at the PG spot where Delonte Might. West & Snow for Mardy & Malik & in this scenario, we might throw you a 2nd round pick.

NY would probably give up Jeffries, though Walsh likes him. He's versitile as he can play 3 positions and play defense OK and occasionally shoot from 3, but he's remarkably average. Jeffries has a trade kicker and a big salary, so I don't know if that'll happen.

Zach is probably the most trashed on player in the NBA, but he's a talent. That's part of why Walsh doesn't want to pay to give him away. He thinks Zach's value can only go up. I can tell you as a knick fan that I have seen Zach contribute. Early last season, prior to teh Marbury AWOL incident when our team blew up, Zach was a valuable member of the team. He might help your team a lot and it's possible that NY would do it for expiring deal(s).

Lee would cost more than West. I think Lee's unlikely cause he's a fan favorite, and there were rumors of trading Lee for the #5 pick this off season. NY would ask for a lot in return.

Curry - y'know, I think Bron would love to play with a guy like Curry. Curry has good hands, he's great at putting the ball in the basket. Bron's assist numbers would go up to 9 a game if he had an Eddy Curry to feed in the post. I don't think NY would give Curry to Cleveland - too dangerous a combo.

Jerome James - absolutely the worst player in the NBA. While everything people say about Zach isn't true, everything people say about Jerome is. Lazy, stupid, slow and ineffective, but he is big. If I wanted to have a guy on the court to foul somebody, Jerome is a good choice - except taht his heart isn't into it, so he's not even good at that.

Jerome is absolutely worthless. He's not even worth discussing. No team in the NBA is stupid enough to trade for Jerome.

But,
Malik, Jeffries, Lee, Zach, Curry, or maybe the rumor is BS. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this works out.

OK, you can to back to trashing our players now.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers