Pre-Draft Summit

Moderator: ijspeelman

APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Pre-Draft Summit 

Post#1 » by APerna » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:33 am

Hey posters,

First of all, I'm sorry that your team wasn't able to make it to the ECF of the playoffs. I definitely identify with you, since my Pacers weren't even able to make it that far. I am looking to put together NBA Summits for each team as the Draft draws closer.

I put together a ton of these on the NFL forums heading into the draft and they were wildly successful. I hope for the same here, and I know the population of these boards will lend itself to many responses.

Editor Chris Reina and I have put together these seven questions for you all to answer, with the best answers making it into posted pieces on our main page. The only thing that I ask is that you please limit your responses to two sentences per question. Please try your best to heed that request, it makes the Summits easier to read and quicker to put together.

Thanks gang, and best of luck in the Draft.

1. What could the team have done differently to advance in the playoffs?
2. Where were the team
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Re: Pre-Draft Summit 

Post#2 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:46 am

Gibson not getting injured would have helped. The other guys lack of shooting touch hurt as well.
[color=red]2. Where were the team
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Smooth32 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:04 am

A better offensive philosophy. But most of all, a #2 option.

2. Where were the team
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#4 » by heathmalc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:06 am

PacerPerspective wrote:
    *1. What could the team have done differently to advance in the playoffs?

Not much. The Cavaliers just didn't have the personnel to take their game to another level. They would have needed some luck.

PacerPerspective wrote:

*2. Where were the team
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by A.J. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Get more help for LeBron.

2. Where were the team
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#6 » by Icness » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:28 am

Better health and cohesion with the newcomers, and a better offensive gameplan

2. Where were the team
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
midgman8421
Junior
And1: 33

Post#7 » by midgman8421 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:11 am

1. There was not much we could have done better with the current roster. The only thing the Cavaliers could have improved on would be our offensive system-- LeBron dribbling at the top of the key just doesn't cut it.

2. Our biggest strengths were rebounding, defense (especially in the fourth quarter), and LeBron James.

3. Joe Smith played surprisingly well. I knew he was a solid big when we got him, but I had no idea that he could play at the level he did, both offensively and, more surprisingly, defensively.

4. Anderson Varejao went from being a major piece of this franchise's future to being completely ineffective. He went from drawing 99 offensive fouls last year to just 33 this year-- enough said.

5. I am very confident that the front office will use our wealth of expriring contracts to bring in at least one major upgrade this offseason.

6. Our two biggest needs are youth up front, and an offensive threat on the wing. With Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Joe Smith being a combined 100 years old, and the Cavs having the worst net PER at the SG position in the NBA at -5.5, I'd be happy to address either need.

7. I'd love to get a second first round draft pick so we could address both needs, but with only the #19 pick, I'd like the Cavs to select Brandon Rush. He's got a high ceiling, fits right in with our defensive mindset, and is ready to contribute right away.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers