ImageImageImage

Possibly worst NBA team in near future

Moderator: ijspeelman

celticpride50
Ballboy
And1: 0

Possibly worst NBA team in near future 

Post#1 » by celticpride50 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:30 pm

I am on my buddy's account so don't think I am a Celtics fan (I am a Nuggets fan) although I do not hate the Celtics. If the Cavs don't make a huge splash to acquire a big time PG or another great scorer, they will have no chance to win a championship and will therefore lose LeBron which they might regardless. Without LeBron you guys are just as bad the basement teams in each conference. This post might seem irrelevant but it seems like a lot of boards are filling up with trade boards and i think the Cavs need to go out and acquire a big name no matter what they have to give up.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#2 » by Manny Phresh » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:36 pm

I forsee a possible ban in your future

:roll:
celticpride50
Ballboy

Post#3 » by celticpride50 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:38 pm

No reason for a ban, I said nothing offensive just giving an opinion.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#4 » by Manny Phresh » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:50 pm

celticpride50 wrote:No reason for a ban, I said nothing offensive just giving an opinion.

Your opinion is nothing new. Everyone who is a follower of basketball knows the Cavs need to improve. Now... Goodbye
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#5 » by The Penguin » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:52 pm

What a dumb topic....how good is Orlando minus D-Howard? Toronto minus Bosh? New Orleans minus CP3? The NBA is a superstar league and some superstars are good enough to contend for titles almost by themselves, but if you take any superstar off their team it's a good chance the team will end up significantly worse.
celticpride50
Ballboy

Post#6 » by celticpride50 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:05 pm

The Cavs are by far the team that needs their superstar the most and it was most clear with them that the reason they lost if becuz theyre supporting cast is miserable. The other big stars you mentioned: the magic still have lewis and turkolu, the raptors still have ford and bargnani and the hornets still have an all-star in David West and great shooters in Peja and Mo-Pete. But besides that you gave great examples, nice job bud.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 403

Post#7 » by CzBoobie » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:08 pm

Yeah, The Cavs would be easily the worst team in the league without LeBron and they need to improve their roster, what else is new?
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#8 » by L&H_05 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:21 pm

CzBron wrote:Yeah, The Cavs would be easily the worst team in the league without LeBron and they need to improve their roster, what else is new?
Yeah, Nuggets/Celtics fan here is breaking some serious news...

If the Lakers lose Kobe, Hornets lose CP3, Mavs lose Dirk etc... I'm sure they would suck...

Nuggets fan-

LeBron's had tremendous success and is viewed by virtually everybody as one of the top 2 players in the game... His greatness is virtually unmatched...

Carmelo on the other hand has been a nice scorer, but hasn't done much in his career, and doesn't seem to be destined for greatness

your thoughts ??
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#9 » by B Mac » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:47 pm

Does it really matter how bad we are if we dont have LeBron? We'd have no chance of winning anything either way, the same as any other team without their superstar wouldnt stand a chance, so really whats the point?

Anyway, this thread is completely useless and pointless. Next thing you know someone is going to come in and tell us that Z is tall and Boobie can shoot.
Hydroponic3385
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#10 » by Hydroponic3385 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:59 pm

Cavs made it to the finals last year, and have a very good chance of being the Celtics' toughest competition this year in the playoffs. While it's true Lebron is the superstar with the worst supporting cast, it's at least a good sign that he needs to the least help around him to win it.
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#11 » by calibanPK » Mon Jun 9, 2008 10:08 pm

Wahhhhhhhh :cry:
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#12 » by Icness » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 am

Haven't we seen this before???
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers