Simien Invited To Summer League

Moderator: ijspeelman

RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Simien Invited To Summer League 

Post#1 » by RJM » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... er_league/

The Cavaliers have invited forward Wayne Simien to the summer league, according to The Akron Beacon Journal.

He played only eight games over the last two seasons because of knee injuries. He was released by Minnesota after being traded by Miami last season.

Correction: He had only ONE knee injury. He got no playing time because of a bout with Salmonella.

Well anyways, I heard about the invite and it brought up old memories of an old thread I made on the Laker Board a few months ago.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=751370

I remember seeing this guy in Kansas just tearing up the middle...and then he gets drafted by the Heat and disappears. I know he was traded to Minnesota but holy crap...after watching that video and seeing clips of him in Miami, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened in between draft night and when he suited up for the Heat. Once his rehab completes I think we should go for him.

The way I see it, signing him would be a low-risk deal, and if he does finally blossom, he would be awesome alongside Andrew Bynum. The kid was a beast in college and can still reach his potential as a Laker. I'd give this guy a chance being as he's still young and healthy (after the rehab). Draft express had this guy compared to Carlos Boozer coming out, so that has to mean something.

Here's some info on his recent injury from before the season started...

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/dec/2 ... se/?sports

He was unwanted by the Heat, however. The team let him go via trade after the 6-foot-9, 250-pounder missed all but eight games last year because of a bout with Salmonella and most of the preseason following offseason knee surgery.

LiquidFire
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#2 » by LiquidFire » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 am

How many bigmen are we trying to pick up?

we got big z, verajou, wallace, smith, dwayne, now tracter traylor and seamen in training camp, and eyeing up jermain oneil (some big men back though).
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#3 » by Rise Against » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:10 am

We are not looking for Jermaine O'Neal anymore.
massey1992
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by massey1992 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm

I really do like this invite. Simien when healthy could be a very solid bench player. Good job for Cleveland to give it a shot.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by A.J. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:29 pm

massey1992 wrote:I really do like this invite. Simien when healthy could be a very solid bench player. Good job for Cleveland to give it a shot.

Yeah I agree. Simien, when healthy is a good player. Nice pickup for us.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers