ImageImageImage

Cleveland/Houston trade??? This could actually happen

Moderator: ijspeelman

batkins182
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Cleveland/Houston trade??? This could actually happen 

Post#21 » by batkins182 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 am

That has to be the worst trade I've ever seen. Just let me point out all of your flaws...

- You must think the Rockets are rebuilding or something.

- You said Rafer Alston and Rick Adelman don't get along? Are you kidding me? What in the world made you think that? Than you said he didn't get much time at the beginning of the season. He's played 30+ minutes in every month of the season (except in Oct/Nov he played 29 MPG).

- Than you say Houston doesn't have a problem scoring but a huge whole on the defensive front line. If I'm not mistake I'm pretty sure Houston was top 5 in the league in defense. Oh, and we do have a problem scoring. Taking McGrady away and adding Szczerbiak is not going to help.

- Also, why would we even want Varejao? We already have Scola and Landry. We don't want anymore power forwards.

- You act like you know what Houston wants, like you say our GM was entertaining offers for him last year. As if you even know that's true, there will always be rumors. You're also taking this Houston/Detroit trade rumor too serious. That trade will never happen.

- Now you have this 3-team trade. Where you have us pretty much giving away McGrady and Scola for pretty much Mike Miller and Anderson Varejao, as we don't need the other players. Yea, we also get some first round picks, but we're trying to win now. If you think McGrady/Scola < Miller/Varejao, you have a serious, serious problem.

- You say the Rockets inquired into Varejao last summer, you don't know that.

- You say Houston has badly been wanting Damon Jones? For one you don't know that, I have no idea why you even get the idea of that, and if we're going to get a bench shooter, it's not going to be Jones.

- Then you act like getting Mike Miller is some kind of upgrade over McGrady. Saying the only thing better about McGrady is his "slashing" ability. Give me a break. You also say Miller plays better D, I doubt it.

- Again you say Houston really likes Varejao, you don't know that.

- You think Houston pulls of the greatest robbery of the century. That right there, must of been the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

Re: Cleveland/Houston trade??? This could actually happen 

Post#22 » by Crackfool » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 am

FYI, the rumored offer Detroit is making for McGrady is Billups and Prince. I highly doubt how Cleveland could top that with their limited assets.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers