ImageImageImage

Kings / Cavs: Trade Possibilities?

Moderator: ijspeelman

vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Kings / Cavs: Trade Possibilities? 

Post#1 » by vct33 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:02 am

Is there any chance that the Cavs could deal with the Kings this off-season? I keep hearing Artest's name in trade scenarios with other teams. Also, I've read that the Kings are unlikely to offer Udrih their entire MLE so they could lose him for nothing. I'd like to find a scenario that would land Artest and Udrih in Cleveland via sign-and-trades. How could that happen? and would you be interested?
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#2 » by ICMTM » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:59 am

Book this...Artest isn't going to be traded to Cleveland unless there is a 3rd team. Cleveland didn't have the pieces to get Bibby, which we ended up salary dumping. Udrih isn't the guy you think he is. He's way too erratic. One day he looks brilliant and the next he looks like a scrub.

Unless you are taking on the contract of Kenny Thomas or SAR then no deal. Artest is an expiring deal for us if he opts out, and if he stays he's still an expiring deal. His value IMO will rise during the season provided he stays out of trouble and he's playing good basketball.
KANGZZZZZ!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#3 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:13 am

another delusional Kings fan. They got crap for Bibby and it was still less than the Cavs had offered. You guys just thought he was worth more than he actually was. Not to mention, you were wrong about what he had left in the tank (as we'd been telling you all along).
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#4 » by B Mac » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:53 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:another delusional Kings fan. They got crap for Bibby and it was still less than the Cavs had offered. You guys just thought he was worth more than he actually was. Not to mention, you were wrong about what he had left in the tank (as we'd been telling you all along).

:nod: :nod:

Summed up perfectly.

Im still laughing at how much crow most of the Sacromento board had to eat after that return they got for Bibby. One of the funniest days on RGM.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ICMTM » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:34 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:another delusional Kings fan. They got crap for Bibby and it was still less than the Cavs had offered. You guys just thought he was worth more than he actually was. Not to mention, you were wrong about what he had left in the tank (as we'd been telling you all along).

That doesn't make sense. We passed on your deal to take a worse deal? In all honesty Bibby got traded because the Kings do not want to pay luxury taxes. If you'd like to search my posts I made a thread stating Bibby was going to be traded BEFORE Cleveland was hot for him. If he was so worthless then why was Danny Ferry trying so hard to get him in the 1st place?

Now lets talk in real basketball sense and not this fan that fan. Artest won't become a Cavalier because you don't have any attractive trade options. You don't have a young player that will play along side any of the Kings young players nor do you have any veterans the Kings would covet. If you did the original poster wouldn't be so perplexed for solutions to net Ron Artest. I was using the Bibby trade as an example. You kind of proved my point. In your eyes we took back less quality, so in reality the Kings front office doesn't feel the Cavs have anyone that would mesh with the Kings roster. Am I saying that your team is bad or worthless, NO. I'm saying that a straight trade between the two teams isn't going to work.

So next time focus in on what's being discussed. Find a third team was the message and you took the opportunity you swing and miss badly by calling me delusional.

Way to go.
KANGZZZZZ!
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,033

Post#6 » by mg » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:35 am

Considering Mike Brown was an assistant head coach for the Pacers when the brawl broke out at the Palace, I highly doubt the Cavs even pursue Artest.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#7 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:46 am

You can say it doesn't make sense. But the Kings got bupkis for Bibby. The Cavs offer, which was earlier was more. By the time the Kings traded Bibby, the Cavs were no longer in the running. They'd moved on (thank God). So the Kings ended up with an offer that was inferior to the one that had been previously made by the Cavs. It was Bibby's agent that was lobbying for the Cavs to make a move for Bibby (along with the fact that they needed a PG). But I'm alot happier that the Cavs went for Delonte instead of the overpaid non defense playing bibby.

And, no, I don't think the Cavs will pursue Artest. I don't think they have enough to get him nor do I think they'd take on his flaky demeanor.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#8 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:51 am

I don't even want Artest.. We don't need another ball stopper...

Outside of Martin and Salmons, there's not another King I would even want on this squad.. And due to Martin's lack of defensive capabilities, I'm hesitant about him as well despite his offensive talents..

Which is the same problems I have with Redd..
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ICMTM » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:14 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:You can say it doesn't make sense. But the Kings got bupkis for Bibby. The Cavs offer, which was earlier was more. By the time the Kings traded Bibby, the Cavs were no longer in the running. They'd moved on (thank God). So the Kings ended up with an offer that was inferior to the one that had been previously made by the Cavs. It was Bibby's agent that was lobbying for the Cavs to make a move for Bibby (along with the fact that they needed a PG). But I'm alot happier that the Cavs went for Delonte instead of the overpaid non defense playing bibby.

And, no, I don't think the Cavs will pursue Artest. I don't think they have enough to get him nor do I think they'd take on his flaky demeanor.

I don't think Ron Artest will get you over the hump as Cleveland is one of the better teams defensively already. A Kevin Martin type (low shot attempts high scoring output) would be better for you as someone pointed out.

Bibby was traded for salary reasons as only one player is still on the Kings roster (Sheldon Williams) from that deal so it's an obvious sign the Kings aren't going to take back any salary in a deal. The fact that the Kings didn't get players of value in return isn't (and never was) the point. If this were the NFL Bibby would have been waived. The point is the Kings/Cavs have been down this road of trade talks and nothing came out of it. The Kings needs are still similar, either get cap room or mega talent, and I don't think the Cavs offer either in a fair trade.

I could see something like a Ron Artest + Kenny Thomas for Wally Szczrrbiak at the deadline. If you think that is fair then IMO that's all it would take. I just don't see anyone in the league that is desperate to take what is considered to be a head case and a bad contract for an expiring.

I know a lot of Kings fans that would do this deal.
KANGZZZZZ!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers