Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Draft Day Trade: Bucks/Grizzlies/Cavs 

Post#1 » by RevMan26 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:25 pm

To Milwaukee:
Sasha Pavlovic [2 yrs @ $9.45M]
Eric Snow [1 yr @ $7.31M]
Total: $16.76M [+ $3.72M]

Why? The Bucks cut Bobby Simmons' contract in half by dealing him and receiving back Sasha Pavlovic. The #8 pick is dealt along with Simmons. The Cavaliers actually receive the pick since they took on Simmons, but pass it to Memphis with all the talent they get from them. Eric Snow is an ending contract and will probably be bought out.

In the draft, they take PF Jason Thompson of Rider at #37. If they want a lottery pick, they could always buy or trade for the #13 from the Blazers.

Their lineup could look like this at the beginning of next season…

C: Andrew Bogut, Dan Gadzuric
PF: Yi Jianlian, Charlie Villanueva
SF: Sasha Pavlovic, Desmond Mason
SG: Michael Redd, Charlie Bell
PG: Mo Williams, Ramon Sessions

To Memphis:
Anderson Varejao [2 yrs @ $11.99M]
Wally Szczerbiak [1 yr @ $13.00M]
#8 pick [from Milwaukee]
#19 pick [from Cleveland]
Total: $24.99M [+ $18.12M]

Why? The Grizzlies are in a rebuilding mode. The rid salary and players they no longer want for cap relief [Wally Szczerbiak], a player they've wanted for a while [Anderson Varejao] and another top 10 pick to pair with their #5 [the Bucks' #8 pick].

In the draft, I see them taking PF Kevin Love of UCLA at #5. They take SG Eric Gordon of Indiana at #8. And they take C JaVale McGee of Nevada at #19.

C: Darko Milicic, JaVale McGee
PF: Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao
SF: Rudy Gay, Casey Jacobsen
SG: Eric Gordon, Juan Carlos Navarro
PG: Mike Conley, Javaris Crittenton

To Cleveland:
Mike Miller [2 yrs @ $18.75M]
Hakim Warrick [2 yrs @ $5.14M]
Kyle Lowry [3 yrs @ $6.17M]
Bobby Simmons [2 yrs @ $20.48M]
Brian Cardinal [2 yrs @ $13.05M]
#28 pick [from Memphis]
Total: $63.59M [- $21.84M]

Why? This deal obviously makes sense at all angles for the Cavaliers, even though they take back a lot more salary, while the other two teams gain a little bit of salary. This seems like the most realistic deal the Cavaliers could do that would put them in contention in the East. We keep hearing Michael Redd and Jermaine O'Neal, but now that I look at it, I can't see it happening. One reason, they are the star players on teams in THEIR own division. Second reason, they are getting up there in age and have had injury riddled seasons the past few years.

In the draft, they would go with a guy that could eventually replace Zydrunas Ilgauskas in a few years. They take C Alexis Ajinca of France at #28. I can also see them using the MLE on a player like Robert Swift and let Ajinca sit and learn for a year or two because he is far away from seeing the floor early on in the NBA.

C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Robert Swift
PF: Hakim Warrick, Ben Wallace
SF: LeBron James, Bobby Simmons
SG: Mike Miller, Daniel Gibson
PG: Delonte West, Kyle Lowry
eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Re: Draft Day Trade: Bucks/Grizzlies/Cavs 

Post#2 » by eyejayem » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:40 am

I think that Memphis does it even though they may want to try and get rid of Darko more than Hakim (Bigger contract/2yr/Hakim started most games due to the small lineup while Darko came off the bench).

Milwaukee on the other hand turns this down very easily. One or two of the following would have to happen:

1.They get a pick back(1st rder) even if it is a future pick back.(our 19 while Mem keeps 28)
2.They give away another bad contract(gadzuric)
or
3.They get back more talent(Hakim Warrick,Lowry)

but I like the idea.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by bcortell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:16 am

Not a bad start but eyejayem is correct. it should look something more like this

Milwaukee out: simmons, #8
Mikwaukee in: sasha, Lowry, #19

Memphis out: Mike Miller, Hakim Warrick, Kyle Lowry, Brian Cardinal
Memphis in: Anderson Varejao, Wally Szczerbiak, #8, Future Cleveland 1st

Cleveland out: Sasha, Anderson Varejao, Wally, #19
Cleveland in: Mike Miller, Hakim Warrick, Brian Cardinal, Simmons, #28

I wasn't going to include the 28 and Future first but i thought it was a steep price for the CAVS to take on two bad contracts while giving up the 19 and AV for mostly Miller.

p.s. i'm going to post this version to the trade board just to see what they say.
eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by eyejayem » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:17 am

I totally second that notion but would Memphis take 09'Chi 2nd rderd and cash instead of the 1st? Either way I may still do it but I hope we can just do for the one 1st.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by bcortell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:43 am

that's what i would hope also.

west/boobie
miller/wally
lebron/wally
warrick/joe smith
Z/ben wallace

+#28 and our second round pick

we're still left with wally's expiring's and the pick so maybe we could swing that for another contributor.

that's not a bad line up at all though..
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#6 » by old skool » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:07 pm

The Bucks don't trade the #8 pick just to save $3.72-million over two years. They will have to spend that much in added salary to replace the #8 pick over the balance of that player's rookie contract. The numbers don't add up, and the strategy is flawed.

oLd sKool

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers