ImageImageImage

My offseason idea...

Moderator: ijspeelman

cavsfan1023
Ballboy
And1: 0

My offseason idea... 

Post#1 » by cavsfan1023 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:24 am

Hey, I am new to the boards and I am a big Cavs fan and I thought id give my opinion on what i think we should do with this team in the offseason. This doesn't involve any huge player, just a few decent young players that can help now and in the future possibly. I think we should keep Wally this season and start him at the beginning to see how he does. And with his contract expiring next year, we could get some more young bigs and build for the future.

1. Re-sign Dan Gibson, Deonte West, Dwyane Jones, and Devin Brown.

2. Trade Joe Smith, Damon Jones, Lance Allred, future picks for Charlie Villanueva, Ramon Sessions, and Dan Gadzuric.(CLE gets talented young big, and talented young guard with a bad contract)(MIL gets a few expiring contracts, and a young center with draft picks)

3. Trade Eric Snow, Anderson Varejao, Devin Brown, #19 pick for John Salmons, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, #11 pick.(CLE gets a good wing player, a high pick, and a bad contract)(SAC gets talented young big man and wing player, a pick, and an expiring contract)

4. Draft DeAndre Jordan.(This guy has a great future.)
http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/deandrejordan.html

This leaves a good blend of veterans and youth for us. I think this lineup could get us deep into the playoffs. This is a very deep team with some good bench players. The parenthesis represent the minutes that player would get.

C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas(35)/DeAndre Jordan(13)/Dan Gadzuric(0)
PF- Ben Wallace(30)/Charlie Villanueva(18)/Shareef Abdur-Rahim(0)
SF- LeBron James(40)/John Salmons(8)/Sasha Pavlovic(0)
SG- Wally Szczerbiak(30)/Daniel Gibson(12)/John Salmons(6)/Billy Thomas(0)
PG- Delonte West(30)/Ramon Sessions(15)/Daniel Gibson(3)

Our future lineup down the road could look like this:

C- DeAndre Jordan/FA or Draft
PF- Charlie Villanueva/FA or Draft
SF- LeBron James/John Salmons
SG- Delonte West/Daniel Gibson
PG- Ramon Sessions/Daniel Gibson
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Re: My offseason idea... 

Post#2 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:30 am

I'm a big believer that consistenly good teams don't trade away picks (especially future picks). This is not a bad offseason at all (contingent on your future picks(s).) The Cavs go from having not enough bigs to having way too many
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers