ImageImageImage

No longer matters because players been traded

Moderator: ijspeelman

KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

No longer matters because players been traded 

Post#1 » by KnicksManiac » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:04 pm

It was 4:00 AM. I was tired and bored. I posted this on the Knicks board and it got mixed reactions so I assume that most of you will be against it.

Eric Snow
Wally Szczerbiak
Anderson Varejao or Aleksandar Pavlovic

FOR

Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Mardy Collins

The three players we get expire before 2010. Getting rid of Randolph and Curry immediately puts us in position to be under the cap for the big FA year. We lose out on Lee and Nate but if we were to sign them to big extensions, that would put us out of contention for the big FAs in 2010.

As for the Cavs, this gives them a much better team now and for the future. Curry has been worthless but Randolph, Lee, and Nate have actually looked pretty damn good so far. They have been the three bright spots so far for the Knicks. Randolph is actually passing the ball. Nate is THRIVING in the D'Antoni system and Lee is Lee. Hard, hard worker who actually can shoot the ball now (he worked on it the entire offseason).

So would you guys be totally opposed to something like this or do you at least think about it?
Baseline Runner
Analyst
And1: 1,067

Re: Curiosity at 4:00 AM -Would you make this trade w/ NY? 

Post#2 » by Baseline Runner » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:47 pm

So you're basically trading us your whole team to clear cap space. With all of those players along with our current depth I don't know how everyone gets playing time. For bigs we'd have Z, Ben Wallace, Curry, Randolph, and Lee. Then we have 4 PGs with Mo, Delonte, Nate, and Boobie.
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#3 » by calibanPK » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:58 pm

Joke thread or soemthing?
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#4 » by rjgraca » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:25 pm

Too much dead wood (salary cap anchors) coming back to the CAVs.

David Lee will be getting a significant salary increase by 2010.

Randolph and Curry are just day dreams of a trade to the CAVs by Knick fans.

I would rather the CAVs keep their cap space than to take on Randolph and Curry even with the Lee sweetener which isn't enough IMO. Nate Robinson isn't a need for the CAVs and thus isn't much of a sweetener to accept this salary cap bomb.

Fun Facts: Let's talk numbers, shall we? The Knicks have averaged 16.4 Turnovers per game for the past three seasons, which is (not surprisingly) worst in the NBA. When Eddy Curry was in the game last season, New York committed 4.4 more turnovers per 100 possessions - which was the worst one-player impact in the league. (Curry averaged 2.1 turnovers in 25.9 minutes per game Isiah let him play.) "Big man" Zach Randolph averaged 0.2 blocked shots per game. His total of 16 blocks was two fewer than Fred Jones (who's a guard) and one fewer than Jamal Crawford (who is also a guard).

http://deadspin.com/5065820/30-previews ... ork-knicks
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,739

Post#5 » by DowJones » Wed Nov 5, 2008 4:57 pm

LMAO. This is like that commercial where the robber asks the home owner when he is going to leave because he is planning on robbing the house later on. Yeah, like Cleveland is going to help you take our franchise away from us. LMAO.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#6 » by L&H_05 » Wed Nov 5, 2008 5:49 pm

And they say NEW YORK is the mecca of basketball and have the most intelligent fans ?? Image

I wouldn't take that garbage if it didn't affect the payroll...

Bottom line, you're just not going to improve your team be taking Knicks.. They suck... They've sucked for awhile, which is why there's been a NO KNICKS policy on this board for 2 years now...

Go away New York.....
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 403

Post#7 » by CzBoobie » Wed Nov 5, 2008 6:40 pm

Curiosity indeed...
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#8 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 am

L&H_05 wrote:And they say NEW YORK is the mecca of basketball and have the most intelligent fans ?? Image

Bottom line, you're just not going to improve your team be taking Knicks.. They suck... They've sucked for awhile, which is why there's been a NO KNICKS policy on this board for 2 years now...

Go away New York.....

Knicks are a half game behind the Cavs in the standings at 4-2 and they have won 3 games in a row. The Knicks were horrible under Thomas because he didn't know how to build a team, he undermined his coaches, and he was a horrible coach himself. However, that doesn't mean that we don't have any players that would help the Cavs. To make blanket statements like "no Knicks" or all Knicks suck is small-minded and ignorant. To diss all Knick fans is equally idiotic. Like Cavs' fans or any other team's fans, there is a range in terms of intelligence. For example, I would bet that I'm much smarter than you, and you strike me as not very bright, but it wouldn't lead me to say that all Cavs' fans are idiots.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#9 » by L&H_05 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:23 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
L&H_05 wrote:And they say NEW YORK is the mecca of basketball and have the most intelligent fans ?? Image

Go away New York.....

Knicks are a half game behind the Cavs in the standings at 4-2 and they have won 3 games in a row. The Knicks were horrible under Thomas because he didn't know how to build a team, he undermined his coaches, and he was a horrible coach himself. However, that doesn't mean that we don't have any players that would help the Cavs. To make blanket statements like "no Knicks" or all Knicks suck is small-minded and ignorant. To diss all Knick fans is equally idiotic. Like Cavs' fans or any other team's fans, there is a range in terms of intelligence. For example, I would bet that I'm much smarter than you, and you strike me as not very bright, but it wouldn't lead me to say that all Cavs' fans or idiots.
Senator. May I call you Senator ?

You're a Knicks fan. Your team and it's players suck ass. You can go ahead, jump back in your ride, cruise on I-80, find your way back to the New York board, marinate within that mecca of basketball, and absorb the greatness that is the 2008-2009 New York Knicks..

Those boys are 4-2, while taking the court nightly with a bunch of talented 1on1 street-ball rejects.. I would enjoy that if I were you as opposed to worrying about the value those players have in regards to the Cavs..

As it stands.. NO KNICKS...

It's kinda like saying: "Hey, look, I might have aids, sweetie-- but, they haven't acted up in weeks..So it would appear I have it under control.. Lets hit the sheets"

That smooth little analogy is basically Knicks basketball in a nutshell... :-?
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#10 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 am

^Pretty much the response I suspected- devoid of substance and full of grammatical/logical errors.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#11 » by L&H_05 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:48 am

Senator-

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood ???

Your thoughts ??
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#12 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:59 am

L&H_05 wrote:Senator-

Your thoughts ??

lol

i love the people that get all upset over your posts
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#13 » by L&H_05 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:14 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:
L&H_05 wrote:Senator-

Your thoughts ??

lol

i love the people that get all upset over your posts
As do I.. And it would appear that Senator Bradley got a little worked up over there in the Bronx..
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#14 » by Rise Against » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 am

L&H is on a roll. Great laugh.
midgman8421
Junior
And1: 33

Post#15 » by midgman8421 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:21 pm

That trade is awful. It would drive Dan Gilbert bankrupt :P

But seriously, the Knicks that, to me, have positive value for the Cavs are:

David Lee
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler

That's it. Plus, they don't even hold that much value to the Cavs that we'd be willing to take on one of your albatross contracts.

The Knicks and Cavs just aren't good trading partners.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,770

Post#16 » by shrink » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 pm

I've always respected Senator Bradley.

However, this trade is extremely bad for the Cavs. Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Bradley?
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#17 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 pm

shrink wrote:I've always respected Senator Bradley.

However, this trade is extremely bad for the Cavs. Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Bradley?

Thank you sir. I wouldn't make the trade if I were the Cavs for salary reasons, and I'm sure your management wouldn't be willing to take on that salary. However, I do see why the OP suggested it. I think that trade would give your team a supporting cast that might get you over the hump. Randolph, Lee, and Nate could all be important role players on your team and upgrade your overall talent level. Curry is straight up garbage though.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#18 » by L&H_05 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:56 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:Curry is straight up garbage though.
Now that's what I'm talking about, Senator...Preach it !!!!!! :rock:
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#19 » by gflem » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:23 am

Look guys, you have to speak s l o w l y when you are addressing a senator. For the record the "no Knicks policy" is imo more about the Knick fans trying to unload all of isiah's trash on us so they can get out of cap hell and actually field a competitive team than it is a reflection on all of the Knick players.

So to the Senator and all of the other Knick fans who are so graciously trying to help us midwestern hicks field a competitive team: we would not like them with a fox, or in a box, or on a train, or on a plane, we do not want your overpaid, underperforming (historically), me first, no defense playing, overweight, mal-content, legend in their own mind players anywhere near this team (David Lee excluded). GOT IT?........GOOD!
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#20 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:48 am

gflem wrote:Look guys, you have to speak s l o w l y when you are addressing a senator. For the record the "no Knicks policy" is imo more about the Knick fans trying to unload all of isiah's trash on us so they can get out of cap hell and actually field a competitive team than it is a reflection on all of the Knick players.

So to the Senator and all of the other Knick fans who are so graciously trying to help us midwestern hicks field a competitive team: we would not like them with a fox, or in a box, or on a train, or on a plane, we do not want your overpaid, underperforming (historically), me first, no defense playing, overweight, mal-content, legend in their own mind players anywhere near this team (David Lee excluded). GOT IT?........GOOD!

You know, I would laugh right along with you guys if you would say something witty or funny, but all I see here are childish attempts at humor and lame one-liners. "You have to speak slowly when you are addressing a senator"? What the hell does that even mean? You are an idiot and the fact that you even attempted to insult my intelligence is the irony of ironies.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers