ImageImageImage

Sonny Vaccaro: LeBron will not stay in Cleveland.

Moderator: ijspeelman

KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Sonny Vaccaro: LeBron will not stay in Cleveland. 

Post#1 » by KnicksManiac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:16 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/sport ... on.html?em

“LeBron’s relationship with Jay-Z will go on regardless,” Vaccaro said. “He’ll be an international celebrity in New York. If the Nets aren’t in Brooklyn, he’s not going over there for even $200 million. They’re putting pieces together. They’re doing the right things. They’re just living in the wrong building.”

“LeBron is this generation’s personality,” said Vaccaro, not one to shy away from hyperbole. “Even though Cleveland has done everything right, you don’t get to Mount Rushmore from Cleveland. He has to go to New York or Los Angeles. There’s no question. The money will be available anywhere. But this is about his persona.”

I still think that LeBron will stay in Cleveland. I do agree though that LeBron will not want to play in the swamp that is New Jersey.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Re: Sonny Vaccaro: LeBron will not stay in Cleveland. 

Post#2 » by Rise Against » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 am

The time will come.. Who cares what about this fool says.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#3 » by Gordon Bombay » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:37 am

what an original topic :roll:
Da_James_Gang
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Da_James_Gang » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:18 am

Why do people these topics in our fourm like we don't see it on our page? Doesn't make any sense, obviously no one has talked about it because no one cares about all this crap that comes out through the New York media.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#5 » by B Mac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:46 am

Im sorry, maybe Im ignorant, but WHO THE HELL IS SONNY VACCARO????
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:49 am

Ah yes the Cavs go to NY and annihilate another sorry team and they have an article saying that LeBron is leaving (and going to NY of all places). What a shocker and complete idiocy at the same time.

Check please!!!
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Lebron would not hesitate to leave Cavs 

Post#7 » by yungal07 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:42 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... eave_cavs/

If the opportunity is right to win multiple titles with another team, Cavalier superstar LeBron James said on Tuesday that he would not hesitate to sign with another team, the Associated Press is reporting.

"I think you do what is best for you and you do what is best for your career," James said Tuesday night when asked about his sense of loyalty to the Cavaliers before they played the Nets in New Jersey.

"...I go out and I play hard and that's loyalty," James added. "It's hard because it's a business. (The) franchise is going to do what is best for the player, it always comes back on us. I am going to look bad. If a franchise decides to give up on a player, it's OK. So we have to do what is best for us."

James has two years left on his extension, but many teams are trying to clear space to make a push for the 2010 free agent class which will include Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and James amongst others.

"I am focused on the team that I am on right now and winning a championship," he said. "So it gets funny at times, but I don't think about making a change at this point. I am focusing on the team I have here and the relationship I have with the Cavs."
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Re: Lebron would not hesitate to leave Cavs 

Post#8 » by MagicMadness » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:56 pm

The Cavs have been trying (and in ways, succeeding) to put a very good team around LeBron, as evidenced by the deep playoff runs the past couple of years and the great start to the current season.

However, it has been hinted for years now that LeBron might not be in Cleveland past this contract.
the edge
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#9 » by the edge » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Outlaw please lock this thread and lets let the Lebron BS thread get started, so we can put all this crap that will be ongoing for 2 years in it.

By the way, the header on this thread is BS, read the article, not one time is that headline stated. Just an attention getter, to get people to read.
Da_James_Gang
Junior

Post#10 » by Da_James_Gang » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Here we go again, people do not learn. If the other thread got locked why would someone else post more of the crap. We obviously see the article on realgm, plus thats not even the whole article. Realgm and other sites cut out a lot of the parts that were in the original interview out.....
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#11 » by L&H_05 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:04 pm

No reason to leave...

Already the #1 marketed player in the league...

Home and family...

Cavs are about to own the east for years...

A moron would leave this situation to go to the Knicks...
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#12 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Yawn. IBTL
defnite
Senior

Post#13 » by defnite » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 pm

Lebron is good as gone

cleveland is a small market compared to los angeles, new York, and Chicago (if they had not gotten derick rose) So chances are he is probably going to leave. Lebron said it himself he wants to be the first basketball player to reach Billionaire status. Even though teams can't offer as much as the cavs can the endorsements Lebron would get in result to moving to New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles would easily surpass it.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. So the statement that said Lebron has no reason to leave is very much incorrect, he has more to gain leaving than staying.

Also the title "Lebron would not hesitate to leave Cavs" is stated directly in the article.
[quote:73319c0819="HOTCARL_o"]Apparently Kwame can get you Caron Butler and Pau Gasol! WTF!![/quote]
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#14 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Seriously, this is two years down the road we are talking about. LeBron is here right now, we heard he was leaving before and yet he stuck around. It's not news worthy for our board. Lock it up Outtie.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#15 » by yungal07 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 pm

I also don't think he's going to leave, but get a grip Cavs fans. I highly doubt he goes to a team like the Knicks, but you're telling me if a true contender could pry him away, he wouldn't leave? The guy is going to get his money, but I'm sure his legacy is also a top priority, and from what's being reported, it doesn't sound like he's so sure his future is in Cleveland. This is coming from the horse's mouth.

btw, the header of this thread is taken from realgm's wiretap. if you have a problem with it, take it up with realgm or STFU.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#16 » by christian72589 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:02 am

i hope for you all he stays... but judging from HIS comments... LBJ is looking out for number 1... and as far as he's concerned, If Cavs managemnt will give him 100mil and team 2 will give him 101mil, he's going to team two... I am pretty sure his comments point to a clear statement of, "whoever wins the bidding war". It has been done many times before.. shaq, baron davis, boozer...

edit: i just realized that the cavs will offer the most of any team, however i definately agree that a change of scenery will pump up lebron's image a bit

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers