ImageImageImage

Simple Idea to ensure LeBron stays with us in 2010

Moderator: ijspeelman

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Simple Idea to ensure LeBron stays with us in 2010 

Post#21 » by old rem » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:22 am

skipdadon wrote:sorry to bust your bubble Clevland fans, who would you rather play with if you was Lebron, Bosh and Amarie or boobie and mo pete.......................hahahahahahhha! they are done

So.....the Suns and Raps plan to merge rosters? That does change everything.

There's another e in Cleveland.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#22 » by old rem » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:29 am

DowJones wrote:Maybe offering to play 2 or 3 regular season games at the JAR in Akron? LeBron LOVES the city of Akron (hometown) and that would be a good gesture to him.

Actually...a real good idea.
CENSORED... No comment.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#23 » by MAQ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:47 pm

i got 3 words for this idea

Air
Canada
Centre...

NEXT!
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#24 » by INKtastic » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:43 pm

a better solution is to win the championship in 2009 and 2010 with a core that, with LeBron, are favorites to repeat in 2011 and beyond. That would give us as many championships as the so called mecca of basketball. LeBron ultimately makes more money winning lots of championships than having a larger local market. The market is the world, not cleveland or new york.

Michael Jordan still makes a fortune from endorsements, not because he played in Chicago, but because he won 6 championships and is considered the GOAT. That's the kind of legacy LeBron wants to create and you don't create that kind of legacy walking away from championships.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#25 » by rjgraca » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 pm

I like the ideal of offering Lebron partial future ownership of the CAVs.

The best incentive is the CAVs winning a championship before Lebron becomes a free agent.

5 Ways Cleveland Can Keep LeBron James

5) Fear the Unknown …

James has a competitive squad in Cleveland, while there is no guarantee New York signs Bosh or Wade. And change can backfire. Last summer, lesser star Baron Davis left Golden State for Los Angeles partly because he assumed Elton Brand would be his teammate. Brand then departed for Philadelphia and Davis is stuck with Hollywood’s dysfunctional team.

4) Play the Loyalty Card …

James is from Ohio. His crew, the infamous four horsemen posse, grew up in nearby Akron. Winning an NBA Title in his home state and championship-starved Cleveland hopefully counts for something. The key word is hopefully. Pro sports are big business leaving little room for the sentimental.

3) Chase a True Second Star …

I’ll give Ferry credit. He has been active, constantly reshuffling the line-up and trading for complementary players. The organization hasn’t found their Robin, a legit number two guy to mesh with James.

Cleveland must convince a superstar to accept second banana status. Clearly, Larry Hughes didn’t work. And newly acquired Mo Williams won’t cut it either. Recently, there have been rumblings about bringing-in Vince Carter. I don’t think ‘VC’ is the answer, but the Cavaliers have the right idea. They must think big and provide James with the NBA’s best co-pilot.

2) Tell James to Pick a Free Agent (if option 3 fails) …

Trading for a superstar is tough, so Cleveland could instead play the free agent game in 2010. After all, the club only has 35 million dollars on the books, which means they have the cap space to keep James and chase ‘D-Wade’, Chris Bosh, or Steve Nash. Ferry and the Cavaliers must use this carrot to sign their all-world All-Star.

1) Offer Franchise Equity (The best option) …

Gilbert should consider giving James a small ownership stake (fiver percent), which could be held in-trust until he retires. There is precedence for this arrangement. Michael Jordan was a minority owner in Washington before suiting up for the Wizards. And I’ll bet Magic Johnson and David Robinson had a handshake agreement in place to join the Lakers and Spurs’ brass when they retired.

Cleveland’s best ‘max’ deal (complete with trade kickers, up-front annual salary, and a massive signing bonus) will fall short in comparison to the sponsorship dollars available in New York?

James is a businessman. He may recognize the value in having franchise equity.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/5-way ... 49524.html
Da_James_Gang
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Da_James_Gang » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Well some of you already know about this. But for whoever doesn't, Cavs fans already started this on RCF if any wanted to donate. This site was actually featured on 19 action news i believe a few days ago...

http://www.lebron2010.com/
HyetOtHeSky
Ballboy

Post#27 » by HyetOtHeSky » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Niko23 wrote:By now, I am sure we are all sick to our stomachs about reading how LeBron is leaving us because NY made two trades. I actually just got done reading ESPN and thats all they are talking about. So to put this whole thing to an end, I have an idea for Dan Gilbert that is 100% guaranteed to keep LB here. Its simply this:

Name the arena after him. Thats right. The beginning of LB's "last season", role out as HUGE marketing plan by naming the arena after him. I have come up with the following names:

LBJ Arena
King James Coliseum
The LeBron Center

Honestly, how could he walk away from that? Especially if we are continuing to win?

you sir are pathetic...if he went to a indians game with a new york cap what does that tell you fagit.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#28 » by Niko23 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:04 am

LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remove head from ass......move out of your mom's basement.......and go get life.

1st post and thats what you bring?? W E A K!!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#29 » by L&H_05 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:11 am

Just make sure LBJ watches the Knicks on a nightly basis... That team sells itself... Ferry Gilbert have an easy job..
zol2332
Sophomore

Post#30 » by zol2332 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:14 am

I'm kind of partial to "The King's Coliseum"

Anyway, simple way to keep him. Just keep beating the piss out of the Knicks every time we play them, like tonight.
CBNS--Cleveland Basketball Never Stops
RevMan26
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by RevMan26 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

The Knicks are sorry. LeBron would never when a championship there.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#32 » by bruno sundov » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:36 pm

This why ihate ESPN. I'm a celtics fan by the way. When the pats got caught cheating in Spygate they had nothing else to talk about for 5 months so that is what they did. They were fined and penalized by the league and stopped doing it. THe way ESPN told the story is was if the spygate just happened yesterday in JAN.

LBJ is going no where. People are going to come to CLE to play with him. He is the nastiest since MJ handsdown. He just needs a little more offensive help . CLE D is nasty as we all know. I share your frustration w/ the media.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers