ImageImageImage

trade lebron now...

Moderator: ijspeelman

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,261

trade lebron now... 

Post#1 » by djsunyc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:50 pm

with his total disrespect for the cavs organization, and a high probability of him leaving in 2 years, i would really consider trading this season. since he's under contract for another season after this one, you can get more in return now than waiting till after the season.

if you can get roy/oden for him, i would have to pull the trigger and look to sign someone in 2010 to play with those guys.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Re: trade lebron now... 

Post#2 » by L&H_05 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:06 pm

You don't trade LeBron James, dude...Even if he walks, you don't trade LeBron James....

Now go away....
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,261

Post#3 » by djsunyc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:09 pm

L&H_05 wrote:You don't trade LeBron James, dude...Even if he walks, you don't trade LeBron James....

Now go away....

you don't trade kareem abdul jabbar. you don't trade him.

i understand what you're saying. and it won't happen. but for the BEST interest in the cavs organization, it's an avenue that should be explored.
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#4 » by boshjonesford » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:18 pm

you guys are clearly thinking of trading Lebron because you think he will leave in 2012 but why would any other team take him if this is the case (unless you want to trade him to the Knicks)

I dont think he will leave the cavs in 2012 because, the cavs have provided him with a lot of help and no one seems to realize that just like Bosh if Lebron stays in Cleavland he can make the most money.
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#5 » by prekazi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:22 pm

If your rest 8944 posts are like this one: get a life dude!
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#6 » by Rise Against » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:46 pm

Just another Knicks fan, I'm assuming.
luhbron
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by luhbron » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:06 am

I know the idea is stupid but at least try to understand what the guy is saying. If I were a Cleveland fan, I'd be so pissed to even read a thread like this. I, however, am not a cleveland fan. I am a LeBron fan. I have discussed this with a lot of people and if you look at this objectively, you would understand that LeBron is out in 2 years. I'm sorry...really.

I have been a LeBron fan since he was 16. I met him at that age at an AAU tournament when I was 14 and I have been a hardcore fan ever since. I can't imagine him leaving my city but you have to face reality. He supports NY in everything he does so his loyalty to Cleveland is already suspect. Not only does he want to go to NY, but everyone not in Ohio wants him to go to NY as well. All his endorsing comps want him to go and will surely pay him to do so. He's gone in 2 years.

The guy who posted this clearly sees that and in a way, hes right. Now is the time to trade him and get value. No one will trade for him next year as a one year rental knowing that he is going to bolt for NY. I doubt Portland trades their core and disrupts their chemistry for LbJ though. So who would take him on knowing that he will leave for NY? A team in "win now" mode.

I live in Houston so this is going to be biased but I can make a case.
We have been in win now mode for years. You'll never get equal value for LeBron..not even close..but if he was traded for say, T-Mac, Battier and pieces, Houston would win one of the next 2 championships guaranteed...then they would lose him in 2010 but the return on that investment would be well worth it. I know you guys would hate that trade but you're going to hate any LeBron trade. You'll hate it even more if he leaves and you get nothing though.

I really did not mean to piss you guys off. This is just the general non- cleveland, non-NY point of view.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#8 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:53 am

There is no deal to be had here. 2 years is 2 years. Thats plenty of time to get a team around him to win. When you have the best player in the league, and yea I don't even care what the LA fans or any other fanbase thinks of that. The Cavs have never won a NBA title, you go with it and hope you get it right. I fear LeBron leaving, but I'm not convinced of it. I think LeBron cares about winning more than money and if the Cavs can do that. He'll stay. I'd take trying for two years(with him leaving for nothing) over trading him away(for a deal that will never satisfy me or any other Cavs fan) and not sniffing the Finals every time.
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#9 » by rjgraca » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:06 am

The CAVs are not trading Lebron in the next two years.

Bringing up Jabbar is like comparing apples and oranges since Jabbar wasn't from Milwaukee and Lebron is from Northeast Ohio.

I am not sure why some fans need to take their fantasies to this board.

The fact remains that right now nobody knows where James will end up in 2010 and that may include Lebron himself. James has waffled back and forth on this issue. He has professed his love for his home state and the Cavalier organization, but these comments are ignored by ESPN and the likes.

Instead, quotes like "I'll do what's best for me and my family" are being interpreted as a signal that James has all but packed his bags enroute to bigger and better things that he couldn't possibly find in little piss-ant Cleveland.

Cavalier fans have been accused of being paranoid on this issue. That couldn't be more wrong. Cavalier fans are not paranoid...They are insulted! This team has been one of the best teams in the NBA so far this season and will only get better in my opinion. But, what I've been reading and hearing of late is that this organization may not be the best equipped to give Lebron the multiple Championships that he so strongly desires.

Yea, the New York Knicks or the New Jersey Nets are the teams that will take him to the promised land...Right? Please, give me a break!

And if I hear the name JAY-Z one more time.....Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/sfd258/175593

I am assuming this brain child thread was started by Charles Barkley quote:

Charles Barkley says LeBron James should stop talking about where he will sign in two years. Barkley thinks James shouldn't be talking about going to other teams while he's playing for Cleveland.

"If I was LeBron James, I would shut the hell up," Barkley said. "I'm a big LeBron fan. He's a stud. You gotta give him his props. I'm getting so annoyed he's talking about what he's going to do in two years. I think it's disrespectful to the game. I think it's disrespectful to the Cavliers."

Barkley compared James' actions to him going on TNT and saying he can't wait to go to ESPN in two years.

Barkley says going to New York won't even make a difference for LeBron. He'll be LeBron James whether he's in Cleveland, Sacramento or Tokyo. He has the same amount of marketing appeal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpat ... ref=fromSI

PLease don't post any myths like the Lebron getting more money from Nike for a bigger market either.

LeBron James Has No New York Nike Bonus

For the millionth time, LeBron James has no bonus in his current contract with Nike—still his original contract—that pays him more if he plays in New York or any other big city for that matter.

I find myself writing this because with speculation that James will be headed to New York in 2010, as the Knicks have cleared out cap space for that season with the rumored express purpose of landing LeBron, people have started to talk again about this mythical bonus. As James played at the Garden and questions about 2010 and New York reached its greatest height, we started hearing about this bonus again.

Here are the facts.

The $100 million number is LeBron's total contract that includes a $10 million signing bonus. There are other bonuses, royalties and incentives, but there is no New York, Chicago or L.A. market incentive.

A couple more final points to make here. All this talk is a moot point. Even if LeBron did have the New York clause in his contract it would be done by the time his contract expired. James' original deal is a seven year deal, meaning it ends at the end of the 2009-10 season, before he would have a chance to go to New York.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27925375

Lebron has repeatedly made the following criteria known for his impending free agency and the
CAVs are very much on track to meet them by 2010.

He repeated what he said last year in New Jersey that the prospect of winning multiple championships would be a huge factor in where he would play.

James said the fact Cleveland is a small-market team doesn't really matter.

"San Antonio isn't a big market," he said. "To me, it's all about winning."

He said Spurs forward/center Tim Duncan took less than a maximum contract in San Antonio to allow them to sign Manu Ginobili. James said he wouldn't consider following suit.

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/200 ... 162177.txt

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers