ImageImageImage

Interesting Post On Another Forum...

Moderator: ijspeelman

RevMan26
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Interesting Post On Another Forum... 

Post#1 » by RevMan26 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:22 am

This guy, "Wine And Gold" (his name on the forum), supposedly used to work in the Cleveland front office. He still has ties and post news before it happens in reality. On that forum, back when the Wally and Wallace trade happened, he had made posts saying two former all-stars were coming to Cleveland. I think he is legit. What do you guys think? Read this quote and let me know what you think.

Only one team in the NBA, at the time Lebron makes his decision on where he'll play after 2010, will have the base structure of highly talented young personnel, that would be assured of winning multiple titles for him for the remainder of his career, that team is quite easily determined as the Portland Trailblazers, in my opinion.

The young nuleus on the Trailblazers is impressive. The current longterm nuleus consists of: LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless, Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez, Martel Webster, Sergio Rodriguez, Brandon Roy, Ike Diogu....

You add Lebron to that nucleus, and you have a team that could be completely dominating for the next decade, with no other team coming close. But, with Lebron and Chris Bosh added to the Cavalier nucleus, they become the other franchise that would ascend past the potential that the Trailblazers have in place.

So, if I'm Lebron James, and the things I've stated are my criterea for determining where I go, it comes down to Cleveland or Portland.

Cleveland will have a nucleus that will include Anderson Varejao, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Boobie Gibson, JJ Hickson, and now even Darnell Jackson looks like a promising big.

That's a seven player nucleus when including Lebron.

I truly believe that Chris Bosh will be coming in any package with Lebron James when decision time takes place. I think Chris Bosh will be following Lebron wherever he ultimately goes. I can't tell you who or where I got this information, but, it came from someone who I respect that knows Bosh, his intentions, and things that Lebron and he have been talking about.

So, take that for what it's worth.

Now, I also do expect Cleveland to be adding one more key longterm starting piece during this season as well. So, the Cavalier nucleus will only be getting stronger as we move forward toward decision time.

But, I believe that Lebron is being absoluely honest when he says that absolutely no decision has been made by him at this point.

I think he's being honest when he says that the size market that he plays in,is of no consequence.

I believe him when he's said that he loves playing in Cleveland, close to his home, friends, and family.

I believe him , though, when he says that given all that, if the Cavaliers don't seem to be a team that he feels he can reach his goal of garnering multiple championships with..if he's not sure it can happen in CLE, with their owner, front office, and player personnel, he will leave.

But, given all that ...when I look at what the Cavs have working for them in regards to secured young personnel.

A head coach that he respects greatly.

An owner that's proven that he can and will spend whatever it takes to surround him with the needed talent.

The great convenience that having a team practice facility (that just so happens to be the best, most luxurious, team facilities in the NBA) that is just 15 minutes from the home you have recently built to your exact specification.

That staying with the Cavaliers will offer him the chance to stay in Akron fulltime. The city where he grew up and his so fond of. That is the place that he has as the beneficiary of a great percentage of his civicly minded charitable contributions, and that is the hub of and run by personnel that are longterm friends that are all from Akron.

I think weighing all that, it would be very tough for him to ultimately decide to leave all that for maybe the one franchise that could offer him better longterm success ...that being Portland.

If all the criterea he has laid out that embody his decision on where he plays after '10 comes down to longterm team success, and winning multiple championships. I think the two options that stand out clearly are Portland, and Cleveland.

I think if it comes to those two ...it will be Cleveland, ultimately. But, it won't be an easy landslide decision.

I'm probably the only person that puts the deciding factor down to those two teams, but, knowing that the one issue that needs fulfilled for Lebron to become the global icon that he wants and needs to become,is to be associated with a franchise that can bring him multiple championships...it's those two teams that offer him what he needs.

In order to rest on being the greatest player of your generation, you have to have those multiple championships, and in order for his brand to reach it's full potential ...it doesn't matter that he play in New York, Chicago, or Fargo ...HE HAS TO BE LINKED TO CHAMPIONSHIPS.

That's what will have him identified with truly being, without a doubt, the very best ...he has to garner those championships. That's what opens the wallets for the merchandise he puts his label on in China, Japan, New York, LA, or Podunk, IA.

Put him on Portland with the nucleus they have in place ...he will assuredly get that for a long time into the future. Cleveland, doesn't offer better in terms of player personnel, but, they do have alot to offer, and with he and Bosh added to that ...Cleveland would offer those championships that he needs.

In my mind, it's a two horse race, and the Cavaliers ultimately win that race. Edging Portland.
If one team does ultimately win the services of Lebron James not named Cavaliers, I feel that one team would end up being the Trailblazers.
Notorious23
Pro Prospect
And1: 320

Re: Interesting Post On Another Forum... 

Post#2 » by Notorious23 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:48 am

I think he's blowing smoke. Remember what our team looked like in 06/07. That's how long till Lebron is a free agent. Look at other 06/07 teams like the Spurs, Seattle, Lakers, Suns, Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, hell look at Boston. Worst to first over the course of a year. Did you know anyone telling you Boston was gonna get Ray Allen and Kevin Garnet in 06/07? That happened 3 months after the season. A lot can happen in a month let alone 2 years.

Bottom line is anyone telling you what teams will look like, or where players will be in 2 years are so full of it, it must be coming out of their ears.
RevMan26
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by RevMan26 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:01 am

He supposedly has close ties with the office. He said he has heard from people close to Bosh and James that this could happen. He has made key points that Bosh and LeBron are good friends, and I guess I can see it happening. Anyone else got any thoughts?
Notorious23
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Notorious23 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:09 am

RevMan26 wrote:He supposedly has close ties with the office. He said he has heard from people close to Bosh and James that this could happen. He has made key points that Bosh and LeBron are good friends, and I guess I can see it happening. Anyone else got any thoughts?

You can have all the close ties with the office you want. Do you think Danny Ferry and company where planning the Delonte, Wally, Ben Wallace, Joe Smith trade in 05-06?

The front office has the same non existant crystal ball you and I do.
Notorious23
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Notorious23 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:09 am

RevMan26 wrote:He supposedly has close ties with the office. He said he has heard from people close to Bosh and James that this could happen. He has made key points that Bosh and LeBron are good friends, and I guess I can see it happening. Anyone else got any thoughts?

You can have all the close ties with the office you want. Do you think Danny Ferry and company were planning the Delonte, Wally, Ben Wallace, Joe Smith trade in 05-06?

The front office has the same non existant crystal ball you and I do.

His post on William Wesley is a great read though.
RevMan26
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by RevMan26 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:35 am

Well I am not saying this will happen. I just thought it was interesting and would share it with you guys.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Smooth32 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 am

He's legit, there's no need to doubt him.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#8 » by L&H_05 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:44 am

W & G is very legit...
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by bcortell » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 am

You should probably post the response by him after a bunch of people asked about bosh.. he talked about bosh wanting to play with lebron and going to a contender.. whoever that may be.. i would still get the exact quote by him or a link to the thread on RCF.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#10 » by Rise Against » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:58 am

I don't know how to comment on this.. I honestly can't see Bosh coming to Cleveland with LeBron.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:01 am

So what does Portland have that New Jersey doesn't have? They did the salary dump for Lebron (RJ for Bobby's expiring), got the moolah-making China guy, they kicked the snot out of the Hawks, they're moving to Brooklyn AND Lebron's buddy Jay-Z (Brooklyn hats all around) is the owner. I'd say the Nets have the inside track. Oh, and they're the youngest team in the league on top of all that.

Lebron will be a Net.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:31 am

Has Wine and Gold ever said what two deals the Cavs were working on that led to the three-way with the Bucks and Thunder?? Who were the Cavs talking to OK City about? Varejao? He can reject any deal for another week, right? Did W & G ever say?

What was Ferry trying to get out of OK City? - Wilcox or Collison would be my hunch, or is that wrong? I dunno - he couldn't possibly have been after Crazy Luke or Watson was he?
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
HG
Rookie
And1: 118

Post#13 » by HG » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:46 pm

So LeBron is coming to the Raptors???

SWEEET :lol:
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#14 » by Smooth32 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 pm

power4wardjinx wrote:So what does Portland have that New Jersey doesn't have? They did the salary dump for Lebron (RJ for Bobby's expiring), got the moolah-making China guy, they kicked the snot out of the Hawks, they're moving to Brooklyn AND Lebron's buddy Jay-Z (Brooklyn hats all around) is the owner. I'd say the Nets have the inside track. Oh, and they're the youngest team in the league on top of all that.

Lebron will be a Net.

The move to Brooklyn will be delayed until 2011 or 2012 or something.

Aside from Devin Harris and Brook Lopez, the team doesn't really have that much better talent then the Cavs do.

Yi may be from China but he's not really establishing himself as anything more than a decent player.

The Cavs don't have a group full of young stars, but what they do have is a bunch of young, budding role players that work well with LeBron and that really get along with LeBron.

And who freakin' cares about the Jay-Z connection, really. Heck we have Usher so that means we should get some NBA players, right?

Has Wine and Gold ever said what two deals the Cavs were working on that led to the three-way with the Bucks and Thunder?? Who were the Cavs talking to OK City about? Varejao? He can reject any deal for another week, right? Did W & G ever say?

What was Ferry trying to get out of OK City? - Wilcox or Collison would be my hunch, or is that wrong? I dunno - he couldn't possibly have been after Crazy Luke or Watson was he?

He can't really disclose everything that goes on because there are people that actually check up on what he does and what he posts because the Cavs organization is a very tight lipped on... He could be in trouble if he lets too much out.

He says as much as he can without getting in trouble.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#15 » by SashAlex » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi guys ! I'm from the Lakers board.

All i want you to say is that LeBron will most probably resign with the CAVS in 2010. Look, the team you got at the moment is in the top 3 in the entire league, playing some consistent and nice basketball. You're better than last year when you took 7 outstanding games from Boston to beat you, you were the most difficult opponent for the Celtics in the playoffs. Now, the core is even better around LBJ, the team is one collective. Assuming you get better by adding players and improved youngsters, assuming the Celtics are getting older day by day and you can become No. 1 team in the East, LeBron will be in the same situation( OR EVEN A BETTER ONE ! ) as Kobe was in the summer of 2007 when the best for him was to stay in LA, and we see the result.

I'm pretty much sure that he'll stay in Cleveland.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#16 » by Icness » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm

I have a very good idea of who he is, and if I'm right his word is gold. Or wine and gold 8-)

FWIW--I work closely with a fairly prominent agent for several NFL players and we've talked about Lebron. He has ties to Lebron's people, lots of mutual endorsement deals and the like, and he tells me time and again that if everyone expects Lebron to go to New York, that's the last place he'll go, that Lebron truly wants to be a different kind of superstar, on his own terms. That would lend more credibility to any Portland speculation--who in their right mind would move to Portland?? It's kind of an indirect connection but at the same time this is the same guy who told me about the Shaq and Kidd deals long before they happened and he also knew about Monta Ellis' real cause of injury the day after it happened.

For you Browns fans, in that same vein--Derek Anderson will not be back unless Lerner chooses Romeo over Savage, and nobody I know believes that is going to happen. In fact at this point they're both on real thin ice.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Notorious23
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Notorious23 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:00 am

SashAlex wrote:Hi guys ! I'm from the Lakers board.

All i want you to say is that LeBron will most probably resign with the CAVS in 2010. Look, the team you got at the moment is in the top 3 in the entire league, playing some consistent and nice basketball. You're better than last year when you took 7 outstanding games from Boston to beat you, you were the most difficult opponent for the Celtics in the playoffs. Now, the core is even better around LBJ, the team is one collective. Assuming you get better by adding players and improved youngsters, assuming the Celtics are getting older day by day and you can become No. 1 team in the East, LeBron will be in the same situation( OR EVEN A BETTER ONE ! ) as Kobe was in the summer of 2007 when the best for him was to stay in LA, and we see the result.

Thanks for the kind words. Your teams not too shabby either. 8-)
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#18 » by realfung » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 am

Interesting, but this is nothing new.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:57 am

Smooth32 wrote:
power4wardjinx wrote:So what does Portland have that New Jersey doesn't have? They did the salary dump for Lebron (RJ for Bobby's expiring), got the moolah-making China guy, they kicked the snot out of the Hawks, they're moving to Brooklyn AND Lebron's buddy Jay-Z (Brooklyn hats all around) is the owner. I'd say the Nets have the inside track. Oh, and they're the youngest team in the league on top of all that.

Lebron will be a Net.

The move to Brooklyn will be delayed until 2011 or 2012 or something.

Aside from Devin Harris and Brook Lopez, the team doesn't really have that much better talent then the Cavs do.

Yi may be from China but he's not really establishing himself as anything more than a decent player.

The Cavs don't have a group full of young stars, but what they do have is a bunch of young, budding role players that work well with LeBron and that really get along with LeBron.

And who freakin' cares about the Jay-Z connection, really. Heck we have Usher so that means we should get some NBA players, right?

I suppose the question is whether Lebron cares. There is a lot working in Jay-Z's favor on the Nets roster, and that's something to be more concerned about. They may not be more talented than the Cavs roster NOW, but they are younger, the youngest team in the league. I know it's early but they're already setting a course for the playoffs without Josh Boone, their most experienced big man. In two years, Lopez, Boone and Yi will be in a lot better shape than Big Z and Big Ben. And will Varejao stick around?

I watched Yi in Milwaukee last year and he showed flashes, but ... it just wasn't there. He needs to find his game in the NBA. In New Jersey he seems to have settled down - he's been consistent with the 10-11 shots he gets a game and he's hitting the glass, taking care of the ball better. Defense is terrible still, but the guy works hard, according to Andrew Bogut - impressive work ethic. Yi will continue to develop, and next season, his 3rd should be interesting - China doesn't need him next summer, as far as I know. The guy wears down.

There's Lopez, who's looking real good, but they've got another rookie big man, Ryan Anderson, who's a gun with range. Thru 12-13 games he's shooting 50% from downtown and giving them 8 pts and 4 rebs in just 16 mins a game. Lopez, Yi, Anderson and Boone will continue to get better. I can't think of any other team in the league with such a diverse group of big men moving forward. They're all 6'10+. With Garnett, Big Z, Big Ben, Sheed, McDyess, Jermaine O'Neal not getting any younger it'll be up to Howard, Bogut, Dalembert/Brand in the East to figure out how to deal with them all. They're gonna be tough whether they lure Lebron away or not.

I realize with the guards, Mo, Delonte and Boobie are all keepers and they're young, but Devin's looking like the best point guard in the East right now. And Vince plays on a higher strata. I can see Lebron arriving in New Jersey just as Vince is settling into a less spectacular role as an NBA veteran. Lebron may go elsewhere or stay in Cleveland, leaving the Nets to sign one of the other big names. Either way the Nets look to be playoff heavies by 2011. But I think Lebron's road to a few more titles leads to New Jersey/Brooklyn. More titles? I think the Cavs will be playing the Lakers in June and it'll go seven, unless Ray shoots you guys out of the conference finals.

Smooth32 wrote:

He can't really disclose everything that goes on because there are people that actually check up on what he does and what he posts because the Cavs organization is a very tight lipped on... He could be in trouble if he lets too much out.

He says as much as he can without getting in trouble.

Understood. I assumed it was Varejao and the forwards that Ferry was talking to OKCity about, but I recall that he also mentioned Sasha Pavlovic [in an "I'm dropping a hint here" way] as a name that had surfaced in those talks. That makes even more sense than Varejao given Varejao's ability to reject trades until, what Dec. 6 or 7th?

OK City would have been perfect for Pavlovic. There, he'd get playing time and a green light to become a scorer and would probably emerge as the best shooter on the team. In any case, they settled for Dez Mason, who can't shoot, and I wonder if the Thunder wouldn't prefer to step back and look again at that trade. Still makes me wonder who the Cavs were after -- coulda been Luke Ridnour? or I'd say, Collison. Coulda been the draft pick, but I can't see how Ferry would have been able to interest OK City in trading that.
midgman8421
Junior
And1: 33

Post#20 » by midgman8421 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 9:55 pm

SashAlex wrote:Hi guys ! I'm from the Lakers board.

Wow, that's the most unbiased, unhomeristic post I've ever read on these boards.

Thank you, SashAlex. You're my favorite non-Cavs poster on these boards now.

Oh, and by the way, the Celtics don't really scare me... but the Lakers do. I'm not sure how anyone can contend with the team you've got going on over there. (Except for the Pacers, of course :wink: :wink: )

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers