ImageImageImage

Game 75: Cavs @ Wizards - Thu, Apr 2, 8pm [TNT]

Moderator: ijspeelman

prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: Game 75: Cavs @ Wizards - Thu, Apr 2, 8pm [TNT] 

Post#101 » by prekazi » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:08 am

Wizards outplayed us for the 3rd time this season. Is it safe to say that they own us?
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#102 » by Benedict_Boozer » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:10 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Well to be honest, it's about time that the Cavs lost one of these games. They've been counting on being able to come back against anyone and we have lately even away. But the Wizards didn't fold like most teams.

We def deserved the loss. Wiz outplayed us for all but like 3 mins of this game.

Actually, if you really think about it, the Wiz have outplayed us all but like 1 qtr the entire season. They beat us in WAS before, were up in CLE most of the game, and killed us again tonight.

Embarassing.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#103 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:12 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:Well to be honest, it's about time that the Cavs lost one of these games. They've been counting on being able to come back against anyone and we have lately even away. But the Wizards didn't fold like most teams.

We def deserved the loss. Wiz outplayed us for all but like 3 mins of this game.

Actually, if you really think about it, the Wiz have outplayed us all but like 1 qtr the entire season. They beat us in WAS before, were up in CLE most of the game, and killed us again tonight.

Embarassing.

Good thing we won't be seeing them in the playoffs.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#104 » by WizBiz » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:22 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Last damn thing in the world the Wizard fans need to do is talk smack.

Yeah I was just thinking that. Wiz fans are cheering this win but....doesn't this do nothing but reduce their odds of getting the #1 pick?

There is nothing gained by going all out in this game against CLE really. Songaila is screaming, Arenas talking about how they were pumped up...Jamison playing through a jammed ankle late? Seems kind backward logic.

That's never a good thing. :lol:
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#105 » by Gordon Bombay » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:23 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:

Embarassing.

you would think knowing that going in that lebron wouldnt be hosting an april fools day party going and actually focus on an opponent that has had our number this season? but thats just not how lebron and this team go about their business - it was vitally important to get drunk last night

wiz deserved this because they actually cared about the game - we were looking forward to the orlando nightlife
Notorious23
Pro Prospect
And1: 320

Post#106 » by Notorious23 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:29 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:But at least I spelled it correctly. LOL

Ok this made my night I feel much better now. LOL :lol:
prekazi
General Manager

Post#107 » by prekazi » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:44 am

ok my anger is gone. come on guys this team won 61 games let them coast a little bit. I can live with a 2 game losing streak.

Notorious23
Pro Prospect

Post#108 » by Notorious23 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:49 am

prekazi wrote:ok my anger is gone. come on guys this team won 61 games let them coast a little bit. I can live with a 2 game losing streak.

I can't, if we lose 1 more the Lakers are 1 game back from HCA. No point to come this far and give up HCA. We could have coasted earlier if that was the case.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#109 » by fishercob » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:11 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Last damn thing in the world the Wizard fans need to do is talk smack.

Yeah I was just thinking that. Wiz fans are cheering this win but....doesn't this do nothing but reduce their odds of getting the #1 pick?

There is nothing gained by going all out in this game against CLE really. Songaila is screaming, Arenas talking about how they were pumped up...Jamison playing through a jammed ankle late? Seems kind backward logic.

It's about giving the team and the fanbase some hope -- which is something you Clevelanders can certainly appreciate. It would be another thing if the lottery was heavily enough weighted to the worst teams that tanking really made sense. But history shows that the team with the worst record almost never gets the top pick. So if anything this win might incur some favor with the basketball gods, who seem to frown so heavily on tanking. And heck, if those gods would just reward us with good health for a few years, I'd happily take that over Blake Griffin. A fully healthy Wizards squad is a tough out in the playoffs for anyone in the East.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#110 » by keynote » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:19 am

Do Cavs fans really think that last night's party was an anomaly, and therefore somehow the cause of a lackluster showing tonight? Last time I checked, these guys are NBA players. Most of 'em are nocturnal, and party accordingly. They're going out the night before games, the night of a game, and the night after a game. You'll even hear quotes from some players complaining about "early" games on Sundays at 1 PM.

Besides: the Cavs didn't come out flat at all. They started off looking sharp, then took their foot off the gas pedal. The guards weren't getting back on defense, and I didn't see your bigs hand out any tough fouls on the Wizards in the paint. L****n tried to turn it on towards the end, but by then it was too late.

The Wizards, on the other hand, clearly felt like they wanted to send a message to the fans and the league that they expect to be back in the playoff hunt next year. This team, when healthy, is a lot deeper than last year's squad. McGuire has developed into a solid role player, and McGee gives them a nice 3rd option at C to groom. Crittenton has upside, and by next year should be an upgrade over Antonio Daniels. Sure, it'd be nice to have a savvy, freshly bought-out vet like Smith or Gooden fall into your lap after the trading deadline, but those guys only go to the contenders*. Still, if the Wizards can pick up a banging PF, or a solid SG who can play D and create a little offense, I think they'll be back in the hunt. If we've learned anything from the Cs, we can see that an aggressive GM with a high lottery pick and young talent can build a contender on the fly. The Wizards don't have a young Al Jeffe, but they don't need a KG and Allen to challenge for a ring, either.

Anyway, as a loyal Wizards fan, I'll be doing my duty to root against the Cavs during the playoffs this year. ;) But I look forward to picking this rivalry up again next year, when the games will mean more.

rant
I hate that practice, by the way: even though I like Smith as a player, it's not fair to middle of the pack teams like the Hawks or Jazz to have to compete with contenders who get to supplement their bench with playoff-ready vets at little or no cost to their cap. To make it worse, it happens after the trading deadline, so it's impossible for Hawks/Jazz of the world to make any roster moves to counter. And every year, a Marbury, or a Finley, or a Smith, or a Gooden forces a buyout at $.80 on the dollar, and lists a "short list" of basically the top 2-3 seeds from either conference as possible destinations. If this weren't such a cost-saving opportunity for owners of bad teams (who save that $.20), I'm sure Stern would've closed this loophole long ago. Instead, it continues, and mid-level teams get the shaft.
/rant
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#111 » by Icness » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:33 am

Bad loss, but at least I made some $$$ off it. The key will be the bounceback game tomorrow. Win that and it's still all good. I'm hoping this was one of those dreaded "trap" games.

As for the Wiz, they sure are different with their full complement of talent. I caution their fans though about these nice late-season surges--history has shown they don't carry over very often. Nice to have hope though, and I kinda miss the rivalry we had a couple years back. Good times in those playoff series yapping back and forth :beer:
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,036

Post#112 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:29 am

Parting thoughts til the next time these teams meet on April 8th:

The last two playoffs there's been no Gilbert (well, actually injured Arenas came back and really hurt the Wizards last playoffs). And two seasons ago Eddie Jordan saw fit to leave Haywood on the bench the entire playoffs. So, that playoffs no Haywood or Arenas. (Moronic). The season before that in the playoffs there was no Caron Butler.

Finally, the Wizards are full strength and have a guy rebounding at SG instead of having DeShawn Stevenson hoisting up bricks and getting the media to really hate the Wiz. In his two games back, bad shooting aside, Gilbert Arenas has 20 assists and only 1 turnover and two double doubles. Haywood had a double double and defended well in only his second game back.

I'm looking forward to the next time these teams meet.

With Haywood Washington doesn't suck at all.
Bye bye Beal.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#113 » by Benedict_Boozer » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:56 am

^What would offend me as a Wizard fan is, if the team can play with that kind of heart against the Cavs, where is it against Memphis last night or the other 50+ or whatever it is losses? These bad teams get up to play the top squads and lay eggs against everyone else, we saw it with the Clippers, SAC, the last couple scrub teams we faced.

Also in regards to the injury excuses, how many years in a row can the Wiz use that crutch. OBVIOUSLY these guys are injury prone and won't be healthy, time to mix it up no and change up the roster?
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,720

Post#114 » by infinite11285 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:09 am

This is Dante Hall's fault!
RevMan26
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#115 » by RevMan26 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:15 am

keynote wrote:Do Cavs fans really think that last night's party was an anomaly, and therefore somehow the cause of a lackluster showing tonight? Last time I checked, these guys are NBA players. Most of 'em are nocturnal, and party accordingly. They're going out the night before games, the night of a game, and the night after a game. You'll even hear quotes from some players complaining about "early" games on Sundays at 1 PM.

I think we can fully blame this on the party. Every time LeBron throws a huge party, we lose. He had a huge party in Miami for his birthday and we played like **** the next day. Same thing here tonight, the night after a huge party, we came out strong, but fatigue set in way too early with little rest and too much booze the night before.
RevMan26
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#116 » by RevMan26 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:18 am

Just look at the Washington board. It is just hilarious how much they hate LeBron.
prekazi
General Manager

Post#117 » by prekazi » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:13 am

Kid ruined their last 4 years! Hate is understandable. :)

Btw the game in the Q will be ugly. There'll be a huge blowout.

DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#118 » by DaRealHibachi » Fri Apr 3, 2009 10:45 am

prekazi wrote:Kid ruined their last 4 years! Hate is understandable. :)

Btw the game in the Q will be ugly. There'll be a huge blowout.

I would say injuries did it more than LeBron did...
:beer: Magnumt
Notorious23
Pro Prospect

Post#119 » by Notorious23 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 11:25 am

prekazi wrote:I would say injuries did it more than LeBron did...

They were completely healthy the first year, and young, and fresh and we were garbage. Oh whatever I'll let you have your 3 years ago we shoulda, woulda, coulda. Lord knows that's about all you have at this point. I know how "there's always next year goes" when fill in the blank happens.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#120 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Apr 3, 2009 11:34 am

These guys are flat out idiots. Injuries count, they are unfortunate but they happen. It's a fact for all teams. And yet it's a huge excuse for Wiz fans. You can't say that you'd have won any of the series if, because there is no way of knowing. There has never been a time that the Wiz have manhandled the Cavs.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers