ImageImage

2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Villar on DL, Phillips Called Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,612
And1: 5,652
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#381 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Dozier has been kind of gross this year - .225/.309/.409 splits are a downgrade from what we've been getting from Miller and Saladino.

Escobar is more intriguing.

Not sure what I'd be willing to give up, but it ain't much.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 25,352
And1: 1,090
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#382 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Villar/Miller is a hard platoon to beat at 2B with the giveway options. I'd take Dozier as another depth option there.

Escobar is pretty good. He's another launch angle guy that has turned into a good hitter with it. Agree I'm not giving up a ton for him.
User avatar
Gianstoppable
Analyst
Posts: 3,262
And1: 924
Joined: Jan 07, 2015
     

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#383 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Hell yeah I want some second half Dozier, I think the last few seasons Dozier has gone off for a .900+ OPS. Shouldn't take a ton too. Would be awesome if they got Dozier and Lowrie but I'd think it's one or the other almost
User avatar
dbrodz7
Pro Prospect
Posts: 881
And1: 386
Joined: Apr 15, 2008
       

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#384 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:Hell yeah I want some second half Dozier, I think the last few seasons Dozier has gone off for a .900+ OPS. Shouldn't take a ton too. Would be awesome if they got Dozier and Lowrie but I'd think it's one or the other almost


Thanks for this post I didn't realize it, here are the numbers.

2017 Pre all-star game .242 average .328 OBP 13 HR 41 RBI
2017 Post all-star game .301 average .391 OBP 21 HR 52 RBI

2016 Pre all-star game .246 average .335 OBP 14 HR 43 RBI
2016 Post all-star game .291 average .344 OBP 28 HR 56 RBI

Wow, would he be a great addition if that continued. He would make an even greater impact than Machado probably.
Winning.
User avatar
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 16,396
And1: 911
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#385 » by wichmae » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Escobar we would have for one more season after this one and Dozier is a rental. Escobar is also coming off 80 game PED susp.


ETA that was Polanco
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 25,352
And1: 1,090
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#386 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 pm

wichmae wrote:Escobar we would have for one more season after this one and Dozier is a rental. Escobar is also coming off 80 game PED susp.


No, that's Jorge Polanco that got suspended.
User avatar
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 16,396
And1: 911
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#387 » by wichmae » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
wichmae wrote:Escobar we would have for one more season after this one and Dozier is a rental. Escobar is also coming off 80 game PED susp.


No, that's Jorge Polanco that got suspended.

Yeah already caught it. THX though!
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 23,356
And1: 1,293
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#388 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:10 pm

wichmae wrote:Escobar we would have for one more season after this one and Dozier is a rental. Escobar is also coming off 80 game PED susp.


ETA that was Polanco


Are you sure? I read he was a FA this upcoming offseason.
User avatar
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 16,396
And1: 911
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#390 » by wichmae » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
wichmae wrote:Escobar we would have for one more season after this one and Dozier is a rental. Escobar is also coming off 80 game PED susp.


ETA that was Polanco


Are you sure? I read he was a FA this upcoming offseason.

BBREF has his as FA 2019
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/escobed01.shtml
User avatar
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 16,396
And1: 911
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#391 » by wichmae » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 pm

JFC thats the 2nd time today Ive thought it was 2017 (sorry guys I graduate next semester. Have massive graduate project and a baby due in a week.)
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 25,352
And1: 1,090
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#392 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm

wichmae wrote:JFC thats the 2nd time today Ive thought it was 2017 (sorry guys I graduate next semester. Have massive graduate project and a baby due in a week.)


No excuse!

(Congrats on the sex)
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 23,356
And1: 1,293
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#393 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

wichmae wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
wichmae wrote:Escobar we would have for one more season after this one and Dozier is a rental. Escobar is also coming off 80 game PED susp.


ETA that was Polanco


Are you sure? I read he was a FA this upcoming offseason.

BBREF has his as FA 2019
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/escobed01.shtml


Right, that's when it has Dozier too. And Machado. I think it's just confusing.

ETA: Just read your next post :lol:
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Veteran
Posts: 2,569
And1: 740
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Cain, Burnes, Nottingham Active, Braun, Pina on DL 

Post#394 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
rarjake wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Stearns got a 3 year deal when he was hired in September 2015. Has he received any type of extension? If not he's free to leave after this season. I can't find anything about an extension. They extended Counsell through 2020 last year because they didn't want a lame duck manager. So either I missed a Stearns extension or I'm scared he's going to leave.


That would be terrible, but where would sterns go, why would he want to leave. :-?


I'll just say, I don't think he's going anywhere, but if he were to leave, I think most GM's would love to go to a situation where they can get more money and also maximize a team with a bigger payroll. Could you imagine what Stearns could do with even a middle of the road payroll?


Hopefully he stays Billy Beane style. The A’s can’t compete with NY or BOS based on payroll. Although there is a draw to being in the Bay Area.

All MKE can offer is $ and control. But so can everyone else. He has to love something intangible. Like have a great relationship with Attanasio or the city. Otherwise I can see him bailing unfortunately.

At least that would be my thought process.
User avatar
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 16,396
And1: 911
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#395 » by wichmae » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
wichmae wrote:JFC thats the 2nd time today Ive thought it was 2017 (sorry guys I graduate next semester. Have massive graduate project and a baby due in a week.)


No excuse!

(Congrats on the sex)

Thanks KH. Baby #2... Cronus is working on #4 now (he gets way more than me)
El Duderino
RealGM
Posts: 20,272
And1: 1,182
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Cain, Burnes, Nottingham Active, Braun, Pina on DL 

Post#396 » by El Duderino » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
Hopefully he stays Billy Beane style. The A’s can’t compete with NY or BOS based on payroll. Although there is a draw to being in the Bay Area.

All MKE can offer is $ and control. But so can everyone else. He has to love something intangible. Like have a great relationship with Attanasio or the city. Otherwise I can see him bailing unfortunately.

At least that would be my thought process.


I doubt Stearns leaves so long as he is compensated fairly and Attanasio certainly has the money to do so.

He strikes me as someone who would like to see through what he's been building. Plus, unlike Oakland, Brewers fans show up and bring in enough revenues for the team to have a more respectable payroll than the A's typically will carry.

In fact, when you consider market size, Brewers attendance over the last 7-8 years is as good or better than the vast majority of teams in the league. I'd guess that this doesn't go unnoticed by him that the city loves Brewers baseball and his efforts are appreciated.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Veteran
Posts: 2,569
And1: 740
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#397 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Hopefully he stays Billy Beane style. The A’s can’t compete with NY or BOS based on payroll. Although there is a draw to being in the Bay Area.

All MKE can offer is $ and control. But so can everyone else. He has to love something intangible. Like have a great relationship with Attanasio or the city. Otherwise I can see him bailing unfortunately.

At least that would be my thought process.


I doubt Stearns leaves so long as he is compensated fairly and Attanasio certainly has the money to do so.

He strikes me as someone who would like to see through what he's been building. Plus, unlike Oakland, Brewers fans show up and bring in enough revenues for the team to have a more respectable payroll than the A's typically will carry.

In fact, when you consider market size, Brewers attendance over the last 7-8 years is as good or better than the vast majority of teams in the league. I'd guess that this doesn't go unnoticed by him that the city loves Brewers baseball and his efforts are appreciated.


That’s a fair view and mentions some intangibles I was speaking of. Not everyone is sold based allure of the opportunity alone.

I certainly hope you’re correct though. I love Stearns. He’s great for the state not just the team.
"Oh, you're Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So -- look at you."
- #45
User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 25,378
And1: 3,983
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#398 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 am

A little nudge to the Brewers front office?

Read on Twitter
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 101,648
And1: 15,003
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#399 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 am

He probably would've gotten an opportunity if he managed better than a .723 OPS in Colorado Springs.
Image
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,612
And1: 5,652
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: 2018 Brewers Trades & Trans - Brewers/Twins Discussing Trade (pg 19) 

Post#400 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:18 am

He'll get plenty of opportunities as an Oriole in the near future.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers