ImageImage

Brewers @ Reds Series Thread (9/24-9/26) - PLAYOFFS

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Re: Brewers @ Reds Series Thread (9/24-9/26) - PLAYOFFS 

Post#61 » by jimmybones » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Pina isn’t hitting 4th intentionally, came in on Thames injury.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 10,344

Post#62 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I wonder what kind of contract Pomeranz is going to command after this 2nd half?
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#63 » by MAC1987 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Bernman wrote:Error by Hiura. You gotta think he'll eventually be moved to the corner OF/1B like Braun. His bat should still make him of high value.
With how terrible he is at 2nd base i am not sure how you think 1B or OF will be better.

My understanding is he doesn't have great arm strength. He just whiffed on an easy pop fly moving back. He actually took the wrong route. OF = nope.

1B is not easy either to scoop up poorly thrown balls. Hes kind of shorter to. So close plays he wont be able to stretch out to grab the ball.

I think it would be a terrible idea to have him focus on playing a new position when 2B is one of the easiest positions in baseball. It will take his focus off hitting. To add to this, we do the shift so much that in a way that is also helpful in that he doesnt need great range when in the shift.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 10,344

Post#64 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Was thinking that going to Devin Williams in a somewhat close game was not the best idea. Surprised we didn't see Peralta instead.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Post#65 » by Bernman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm

I also thought the choice of Williams, was....odd. Not by any means a proven player to bring up in a meaningful spot. Keep Pomeranz in. He had a low pitch count. Would have rather seen Peralta, Jackson, Black...heck even Albers.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
MAC1987
Starter

Post#66 » by MAC1987 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:10 pm

Here comes Hader. Hopefully hes warmed up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,735

Post#67 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:28 pm

One game out!
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Post#68 » by Bernman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 pm

That's how you finish off a game. Just pounded the plate and then tempted with the high fastball or froze them with the slider for a stroke. That pitch has been a game-changer for him to return to virtual dominance. Can't sit on anything.

All the Brewers can do is focus on what's been ahead of them (after the hole they dug), and that's what they've done. Cubs should be expected to at least come thru with 1 in a freaking 7 game series.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 16,538

Post#69 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:43 pm

I am simply shocked that they are not only playoff-bound but actually in a race for the Division heading into the final weekend. This has been an insane run. 18 out of 20.

Je suis Cubs
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#70 » by neiLz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:53 pm

jimmybones wrote:Pina isn’t hitting 4th intentionally, came in on Thames injury.

**** really? i turned it on and he was up but didn't have any sound. sucks that thames got hurt fml. :evil:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,555

Post#71 » by trwi7 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:34 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I wonder what kind of contract Pomeranz is going to command after this 2nd half?

Swarzak deal maybe? Maybe an extra year and/or a slightly higher AAV.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,207

Post#72 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:30 am

Washington - the team that never loses.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,555

Post#73 » by trwi7 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:17 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:Washington - the team that never loses.

The only reason we're this close to them is because they lost 10 of 17 before this sweep.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,138

Post#74 » by sidney lanier » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 am

Maddon sitting starters against Cardinals. Prick move.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 47,086

Post#75 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:02 am

sidney lanier wrote:Maddon sitting starters against Cardinals. Prick move.

They're playing Pitt
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,138

Post#76 » by sidney lanier » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:17 am

MickeyDavis wrote:

They're playing Pitt

No, I know. I should have said "planning to sit."

Joe Maddon would really like you to know he doesn’t care about Brewers' divisional chase

The Chicago Cubs have been eliminated from playoff contention, so all that’s left is to spoil the chances of every team left in front of them.

Funnily enough, it’s not the historical rival they’ll be playing whose chances they’re trying to spoil.

Cubs do their best to hand NL Central to the Cardinals

With only a weekend series against the St. Louis Cardinals left to play after Thursday, Cubs manager Joe Maddon announced that the team would be shutting down starters Yu Darvish and Kyle Hendricks for the season, according to the Chicago Tribune. Anthony Rizzo, Ben Zobrist and Jason Heyward could also reportedly spend the weekend in the dugout as well.

That’s obviously good news for the Cardinals and bad news for the Brewers, who sit just one game back from the Cardinals in the NL Central as of Thursday night. Now, the Brewers will have to win one more game against the Colorado Rockies than the Cardinals against the Cubs’ backups.

Cubs manager Joe Maddon went out of his way to profanely denounce any future complaints from the Brewers about the situation.
From the Chicago Tribune:

“I will put out the appropriate guys to play based on what’s good for our people, not for their people,” said Maddon, who already has ruled out All-Stars Kris Bryant and Javier Baez because of injuries.
“We’ll put a good team out there, regardless. Now, of course, (the Brewers are) going to b----. Of course they are. I get it. Quite frankly, there are certain things I don’t give a s--- about.
“That would be one of them.”

Now that’s a spicy take, and also a nice way to give your fans a reason to feel good about getting wrecked by your team’s biggest historical rival to finish the season.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-maddon-cubs-brewers-cardinals-nl-central-003214159.html

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,237

Post#77 » by BUCKnation » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:13 am

Could the 'B' team be any worse?
MAC1987
Starter

Post#78 » by MAC1987 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Wow the way he said it...
sidney lanier wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

They're playing Pitt

No, I know. I should have said "planning to sit."

Joe Maddon would really like you to know he doesn’t care about Brewers' divisional chase

The Chicago Cubs have been eliminated from playoff contention, so all that’s left is to spoil the chances of every team left in front of them.

Funnily enough, it’s not the historical rival they’ll be playing whose chances they’re trying to spoil.

Cubs do their best to hand NL Central to the Cardinals

With only a weekend series against the St. Louis Cardinals left to play after Thursday, Cubs manager Joe Maddon announced that the team would be shutting down starters Yu Darvish and Kyle Hendricks for the season, according to the Chicago Tribune. Anthony Rizzo, Ben Zobrist and Jason Heyward could also reportedly spend the weekend in the dugout as well.

That’s obviously good news for the Cardinals and bad news for the Brewers, who sit just one game back from the Cardinals in the NL Central as of Thursday night. Now, the Brewers will have to win one more game against the Colorado Rockies than the Cardinals against the Cubs’ backups.

Cubs manager Joe Maddon went out of his way to profanely denounce any future complaints from the Brewers about the situation.
From the Chicago Tribune:

“I will put out the appropriate guys to play based on what’s good for our people, not for their people,” said Maddon, who already has ruled out All-Stars Kris Bryant and Javier Baez because of injuries.
“We’ll put a good team out there, regardless. Now, of course, (the Brewers are) going to b----. Of course they are. I get it. Quite frankly, there are certain things I don’t give a s--- about.
“That would be one of them.”

Now that’s a spicy take, and also a nice way to give your fans a reason to feel good about getting wrecked by your team’s biggest historical rival to finish the season.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-maddon-cubs-brewers-cardinals-nl-central-003214159.html

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,649

Post#79 » by tski1972 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:23 pm

the Cubs just lost 9 games in a row while in the playoff chase, if they can't win with their "best" why should it even matter?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Brewers