2017 Trade Rumors Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: 2017 Trade Rumors Thread 

Post#101 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 9:19 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Knebel is going to net the Brewers a monster haul one day.

He also has enough control to hang on to through the next competitive window. I generally expect the shelf life of a flamethrower to be like 3 years so I'm a fan of dealing him if the right offer is there.

Not dealing him unless we are blown away...
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#102 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 2, 2017 3:17 pm

Anderson is the guy they should be shopping right now is value has never and probably never will be this high again. Doubt they will though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#103 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jun 2, 2017 3:45 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Anderson is the guy they should be shopping right now is value has never and probably never will be this high again. Doubt they will though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

Things might heat up at the trade deadline but it feels early for anything concrete on starting pitchers right now.

Guerra has had two great outings since coming off the DL as well. Very promising.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#104 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:23 pm

Looking at Chase Anderson:

GB% and BABIP haven't really changed. He's still a flyball pitcher and he's having normal luck in terms of hits when guys put the ball in play.

The bad: His HR/FB% has decreased and that is what has dropped his ERA. I'm thinking that is just early season luck, but maybe it is due to some of the next items on the list.

The good: His velocity is up a tick and he's throwing his other pitches a little bit more than his fastball.

Hopefully the good part is what has made the change for him and has decreased the # of homers. If not, he looks like a guy that would thrive in a bigger ballpark with a good outfield behind him.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#105 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:29 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Looking at Chase Anderson:

GB% and BABIP haven't really changed. He's still a flyball pitcher and he's having normal luck in terms of hits when guys put the ball in play.

The bad: His HR/FB% has decreased and that is what has dropped his ERA. I'm thinking that is just early season luck, but maybe it is due to some of the next items on the list.

The good: His velocity is up a tick and he's throwing his other pitches a little bit more than his fastball.

Hopefully the good part is what has made the change for him and has decreased the # of homers. If not, he looks like a guy that would thrive in a bigger ballpark with a good outfield behind him.

Chase Field isn't known for giving up tons of HRs which could have helped him this last outing. Sounds like a more outings at Miller Park should bring his ERA up? I think at this point Anderson is what he is.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,192

Post#106 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:57 pm

FWIW, Haudricourt was on 920AM this morning during my commute to work and said Derek Johnson had Chase Anderson working on a cutter all spring and the addition of a third pitch he can control has kept hitters off balance. I don't expect him to continue to be this guy this late in his career but he's off to a promising start to the season.

Haudricourt also said that Sogard's knee started to feel back to normal for the first time in years right before the season started. Obviously he's not going to hit .400 for the rest of his career but we might have a very nice player moving forward.

Stearns pushing... all... the... right... buttons...
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#107 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Jun 2, 2017 5:12 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:

Chase Field isn't known for giving up tons of HRs which could have helped him this last outing. Sounds like a more outings at Miller Park should bring his ERA up? I think at this point Anderson is what he is.

I think you have the wrong bank (Citi Field, not Chase) but yeah, that would be the theory...although his home/road splits don't really back up my theory.

He's had a strange career of splits. Righties are still much better against him than lefties on the whole, probably due to his changeup.

And yes, Jimmy, looks like he's added the cutter. Hasn't thrown it a ton but it's there and it probably helps a lot.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Jun 2, 2017 7:10 pm

Lightning in a bottle for sure right now.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#109 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:48 pm

Chase Anderson should bring back a solid prospect or a couple lottery tickets. Cheap pitcher under control
#FreeChuckDiesel
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#110 » by Wiscfan92 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:36 pm

Was relieved to hear Sterns say no matter their position in the next few months, they aren't going to get off course and try to go all in for a playoff spot. I hope he meant that cause I'd hate for them to blow up the farm system they've worked so hard to rebuild just to get us in the wild card.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#111 » by M-C-G » Fri Jun 9, 2017 4:04 pm

Wiscfan92 wrote:Was relieved to hear Sterns say no matter their position in the next few months, they aren't going to get off course and try to go all in for a playoff spot. I hope he meant that cause I'd hate for them to blow up the farm system they've worked so hard to rebuild just to get us in the wild card.

If we did make a deal, I feel like it would be residual minor leaguers that might be over valued from the Melvin regime, as opposed to any of the core pieces that Sterns has been building
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#112 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 9, 2017 4:34 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Wiscfan92 wrote:Was relieved to hear Sterns say no matter their position in the next few months, they aren't going to get off course and try to go all in for a playoff spot. I hope he meant that cause I'd hate for them to blow up the farm system they've worked so hard to rebuild just to get us in the wild card.

If we did make a deal, I feel like it would be residual minor leaguers that might be over valued from the Melvin regime, as opposed to any of the core pieces that Sterns has been building

It kind of depends on the deal too. I obviously wouldn't deal any decent prospect for some vet. But say some team had an over abundance of young pitching and was going to send a young starter back to the Brewers for some package of MLB guys but then you needed to include an prospect to get it done. This is obviously a long shot because teams aren't exactly overflowing with young arms but for example say the Dodgers got to a point with injuries that they needed someone like Braun, Shaw, or Thames and were willing to trade a guy like Julio Urias but the brewers would need to add prospects that's the kind of thing that would make sense on the brewers end.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#113 » by M-C-G » Fri Jun 9, 2017 4:58 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

It kind of depends on the deal too. I obviously wouldn't deal any decent prospect for some vet. But say some team had an over abundance of young pitching and was going to send a young starter back to the Brewers for some package of MLB guys but then you needed to include an prospect to get it done. This is obviously a long shot because teams aren't exactly overflowing with young arms but for example say the Dodgers got to a point with injuries that they needed someone like Braun, Shaw, or Thames and were willing to trade a guy like Julio Urias but the brewers would need to add prospects that's the kind of thing that would make sense on the brewers end.

In that scenario, I am probably including Guerra or Chase to bring back some big prize from their org
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#114 » by wichmae » Fri Jun 9, 2017 5:13 pm

I think if were completely being realistic and honest with ourselves Anderson and Guerra would be the obvious guys we would get calls on. Sogard and Perez as well I would assume. I dont think we trade Braun, Domingo, Knebel, or any of those type of names (Shaw, Villar, Nelson, etc) unless its a package were blown away by. I do think we put feelers out there to see if anyone wants Wily or Garza. My gut tells me we do a small move or two and maybe make a bigger move in the offseason. With that however you might have guys fall back to career norms in which you should have cashed in on in the likes of Anderson.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#115 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 9, 2017 6:27 pm

wichmae wrote:I think if were completely being realistic and honest with ourselves Anderson and Guerra would be the obvious guys we would get calls on. Sogard and Perez as well I would assume. I dont think we trade Braun, Domingo, Knebel, or any of those type of names (Shaw, Villar, Nelson, etc) unless its a package were blown away by. I do think we put feelers out there to see if anyone wants Wily or Garza. My gut tells me we do a small move or two and maybe make a bigger move in the offseason. With that however you might have guys fall back to career norms in which you should have cashed in on in the likes of Anderson.

I think Perez will have a bunch of interest if the Brewers make him available. Most teams could use a versatile utility guy with some pop. Now obviously the Brewers shouldn't trade him for peanuts but if some team wanted to give up a real prospect for him I'd be all for moving him.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#116 » by raysbookclub » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:12 pm

A lot, good or bad, still can happen before the trade deadline. 25 games:

vs Marlins (2)
vs Orioles (3)
@ Cubs (1)
@ Yankees (3)
--break--
vs Phillies (3)
@ Pirates (4)
@ Phillies (3)
@ Nationals (3)
vs Cubs (3)

If we're still in first place about a week after the break, I'd imagine we'd be buyers. The division/wild card is too attainable at that point.

Quintana for Ray (top 25 prospect, OF, and from Chicago) and two other prospects, done before we play the Nets and the Cubs at the end of July?
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#117 » by raysbookclub » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:14 pm

Quintana-Ray is mentioned here. http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/article/239858466/brewers-built-to-contend-for-nl-central-crown/

Jose Quintana's cost-controlled contract would be a perfect fit for Milwaukee, and there's probably no prospect the White Sox would covet more than the Brewers' Corey Ray, who is headed for the Futures Game. He's not only a Chicago native, but is a product of the Sox Amateur City Elite (ACE) program, which helped prepare him for the University of Louisville.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#118 » by sdn40 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 4:03 pm

Fans and the media get caught up in the Buyers vs Sellers every year. It's like you have to declare which you are and there is no in between. Either you are Sellers and expected to clean house or you are Buyers and expected to gut your farm system. It's almost become this unwritten rule or something, probably all stemming from a catchy article written by a sports writer during the All-Star break a decade ago. So now we have this dramatic all or nothing perception.

Such crap.

As crazy and radical as it sounds, we could add a mid level guy or two and roll the dice, both rewarding this roster (and the fans) for their play and not gut the farm system in the process. Its not rocket science. If Stearns is smart enough to pick the right guys to bring in off the scrap heap that can contribute, I'm sure he is more than capable of orchestrating a mid level trade or two. It doesn't carry the same drama as Buyers vs Sellers, but it can still be effective.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Jul 2, 2017 7:40 pm

books wrote:A lot, good or bad, still can happen before the trade deadline. 25 games:

vs Marlins (2)
vs Orioles (3)
@ Cubs (1)
@ Yankees (3)
--break--
vs Phillies (3)
@ Pirates (4)
@ Phillies (3)
@ Nationals (3)
vs Cubs (3)

If we're still in first place about a week after the break, I'd imagine we'd be buyers. The division/wild card is too attainable at that point.

Quintana for Ray (top 25 prospect, OF, and from Chicago) and two other prospects, done before we play the Nets and the Cubs at the end of July?

No way they are buyers. It's not their M.O. right now.

I think Stearns is more TT than Hambone.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Jul 2, 2017 7:45 pm

Spoiler:
sdn40 wrote:Fans and the media get caught up in the Buyers vs Sellers every year. It's like you have to declare which you are and there is no in between. Either you are Sellers and expected to clean house or you are Buyers and expected to gut your farm system. It's almost become this unwritten rule or something, probably all stemming from a catchy article written by a sports writer during the All-Star break a decade ago. So now we have this dramatic all or nothing perception.

Such crap.

As crazy and radical as it sounds, we could add a mid level guy or two and roll the dice, both rewarding this roster (and the fans) for their play and not gut the farm system in the process. Its not rocket science. If Stearns is smart enough to pick the right guys to bring in off the scrap heap that can contribute, I'm sure he is more than capable of orchestrating a mid level trade or two. It doesn't carry the same drama as Buyers vs Sellers, but it can still be effective.

Much more articulate way of saying how I feel. Completely agree. Nuance. Life isn't always black and white. Rarely is. Hard lines and no flexibility don't typically lead to creative decisions. Which this franchise needs. So do the Bucks.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers