ImageImage

Game 121: St. Louis @ 1st Place Milwaukee; 1:05 PM

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,460

Post#161 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm a tad worried about whether Donovan can handle the starting job or not.

I'm confident enough. Has he even won the job yet? I know he was beating Evridge but did Bielema decide?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,193
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#162 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:04 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yep can't wait for this season. Little worried about the safeties coming in but otherwise I'm excited.

Yeah, I hear ya...the safties are both new but both of them were highly recruited and talented guys. We also have a good pass rush and shut-down corners so I feel as though it won't be much of an issue.

QB is where I worry. I think Donovan will probably get the nod and has the poise to lead the offense much like Stocco, what I fear is that he has half the throwing ability of Stocco and Stocco's wasn't all that great. Donovan looked great in those games he started but all the deep balls he threw were caught more by the recievers' skills and not his, they were basically jump balls because he can't really throw the ball over 30 yards with accuracy. I think he gets it done for us in most cases but when he has to take over a game in a late rally vs. Michigan, OSU, or PSU...will he be able to?

That is why I feel we should go with Evridge and go for the home run. If Evridge gets some early season poise and gets things done, then we can go for BCS and maybe even National Title.

Then again, the Brewers show us a thing or two about how risky going for the HR is.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#163 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:05 pm

trwi7 wrote:I'm confident enough. Has he even won the job yet? I know he was beating Evridge but did Bielema decide?

Don't think he has, but no one seemed to be making a case for the job other than Donovan.

You need to go to the NHL Minor League board closer to the AHL season so we two who care can discuss things. I can't talk to anyone about the IceHogs.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
MadCityBucky
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#164 » by MadCityBucky » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:06 pm

Can't wait for that Michigan game at home.

They've always had the Badgers number but this year I hope we beat them.

I think they're the toughest team the Badgers face.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#165 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:07 pm

Lost in this game is how well Dave Bush actually pitched. The Brewers need him to keep this up, since no one else in this rotation is doing anything.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#166 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 pm

MadCityBucky wrote:Can't wait for that Michigan game at home.

They've always had the Badgers number but this year I hope we beat them.

I think they're the toughest team the Badgers face.

I was at the Michigan game 2 years ago when we beat them at home. I was pretty wasted but I can't think of a better sports event I was at that I wasn't playing in. And I've been to quite a few big games.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#167 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 pm

We also really need to get an OT: College Football thread going over on the Packer board. I would love to chat about the Badgers and my 2nd favorite team West Virginia (I've been a fan for about 7 or 8 years because I love watching the spread offense and used to like Amos Zeroue).

Sorry to all the non-Packer fans that are Wisconsin fans that will have to travel over there to discuss it though. (WEFFPIM) :lol:
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#168 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:15 pm

CharlosVllnueva wrote:Sorry to all the non-Packer fans that are Wisconsin fans that will have to travel over there to discuss it though. (WEFFPIM) :lol:

Gah
trwi7
RealGM

Post#169 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:15 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:You need to go to the NHL Minor League board closer to the AHL season so we two who care can discuss things. I can't talk to anyone about the IceHogs.

Good deal. If you want to start a thread or something then I'll go over and start chatting right now.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#170 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:17 pm

WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#171 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:24 pm

trwi7 wrote:Good deal. If you want to start a thread or something then I'll go over and start chatting right now.

Right now? Yeah, I'm a fan of the IceHogs and all, but they don't start till October. Later.

Also, the IceHogs are new to the AHL, so I know very little about the league, let alone the IceHogs roster right now. Whatever Norfolk's roster was is what the IceHogs will somewhat look like.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#172 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:35 pm

So much for that MLB Dane Cook commercial where they feature the Brewers..
trwi7
RealGM

Post#173 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:37 pm

Black Jesus 1 wrote:So much for that MLB Dane Cook commercial where they feature the Brewers..

Aargh, I would say we could take this to the OT board but yeah that's not happening. :cry:

Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#174 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:38 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Aargh, I would say we could take this to the OT board but yeah that's not happening. :cry:
We could always take it to AIM, but you are a...ya know....
trwi7
RealGM

Post#175 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 pm

Black Jesus 1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We could always take it to AIM, but you are a...ya know....

You know we could but I don't want to I'm too depressed. :(

Return to Milwaukee Brewers